2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Okay...a question and things I have noticed.

-Was Campbell suspended or a scratch yesterday?
    -There is a strong chance even if we win the HE Tourney that we finish behind BU (both 2 seeds) and PC stays as a 3 seed (according to the PWR Predictor they only have a 32% of dropping to a 4 seed). This worries me a little as I feel the committee will keep PC in the Providence regional as the 3 seed and BU will be placed in the Manchester regional as the 2 seed...leaving us going west.
    -If BC was to win the HE Tourney this could give HE 5 teams in...and there a chance that all 5 teams would be a 2 or 3 seed. That would be very interesting to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post

-There is a strong chance even if we win the HE Tourney that we finish behind BU (both 2 seeds) and PC stays as a 3 seed (according to the PWR Predictor they only have a 32% of dropping to a 4 seed). This worries me a little as I feel the committee will keep PC in the Providence regional as the 3 seed and BU will be placed in the Manchester regional as the 2 seed...leaving us going west.
      -If BC was to win the HE Tourney this could give HE 5 teams in...and there a chance that all 5 teams would be a 2 or 3 seed. That would be very interesting to say the least.
      scratch
      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
      Skating Friar Jersey
      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Happy Birthday Patronick!
        Thank you!
        Lowell Forever
        Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by UML03 View Post

Just because BU finishes higher in the pairwise doesn't promise they will get priority on an eastern regional. If the first pass at bracket integrity works such that Lowell ends up in Manchester they aren't just going to flip BU and Lowell because BU has the higher pairwise.
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

That was a fun Sunday afternoon!

Is UML- ND the first game or the second?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post

5PM Puck Drop

BC Vs BU not a chance Hockey East, NESN, or TD Garden wanted that to be the early game
              Tully Rink Rat
              Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

You might have missed my post a couple posts back to so I'll repost. All the info. you need is below (there's also separate game thread further down the main page as well) -

UML's pregame starts at 2:00 at Anthem Kitchen and Bar at Faneuil Hall Marketplace (South Market Building) as it's St. Patrick's Day and the usual pregame location at The Harp isn't available for obvious reasons. If Lowell wins Friday, pregame will be at The Harp on Saturday.

Lowell's tournament page is also up HERE with the usual array of information including tickets, pregame location, directions, etc.

Wish I was still a student too. Great deal for $10 includes a ticket for BOTH nights and bus transportation each night. Wow!
                Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                  Just because BU finishes higher in the pairwise doesn't promise they will get priority on an eastern regional. If the first pass at bracket integrity works such that Lowell ends up in Manchester they aren't just going to flip BU and Lowell because BU has the higher pairwise.
                  At this point it's almost more important what North Dakota does this weekend than anything else. There's a bunch of scenarios where BU wins out, gets a 1 seed, but likely gets shipped to Fargo because UND falls to the 4 line and DU/UMD can't play them. I'd imagine there are a bunch of similar scenarios for UML where they win out but end up getting shipped west for one reason or another. Would've been a lot easier if St. Cloud had just done their job this weekend and eliminated them.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    You might have missed my post a couple posts back to so I'll repost. All the info. you need is below (there's also separate game thread further down the main page as well) -

UML's pregame starts at 2:00 at Anthem Kitchen and Bar at Faneuil Hall Marketplace (South Market Building) as it's St. Patrick's Day and the usual pregame location at The Harp isn't available for obvious reasons. If Lowell wins Friday, pregame will be at The Harp on Saturday.

Lowell's tournament page is also up HERE with the usual array of information including tickets, pregame location, directions, etc.

Wish I was still a student too. Great deal for $10 includes a ticket for BOTH nights and bus transportation each night. Wow!
                    Thanks!

Comment

Thanks!
                      No problem. Tons of great information on the UML tournament page. They're doing a great job as usual.
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Fun fact. The last time Lowell scored at least 5 goals in a period... the third period on February 4th, 2017... against UNH... also an 8-2 win.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                          Fun fact. The last time Lowell scored at least 5 goals in a period... the third period on February 4th, 2017... against UNH... also an 8-2 win.
                          Not a great weekend overall for UNH though. After the high of their upset win Friday night, it went downhill from there. Transportation snafus on Saturday leading to disruption of routine and later start and then a loss combined with the pasting Lowell gave them yesterday. Mustn't have been a fun ride back to Durham.
                          Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Puck hawk, I might be at GA tech over the Memorial Day weekend... are you around?
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                              Puck hawk, I might be at GA tech over the Memorial Day weekend... are you around?
                              Should be. I'm planning to propose (PhD project proposal) on the 22nd (barring any faculty schedule changes), so I should theoretically even have free time ( )
                              Last edited by UML Puck Hawk; 03-13-2017, 03:46 PM.
                              BS UMass Lowell 2015
                              PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Some interesting and complimentary comments from Jeff Jackson and David Quinn as well as some insight into Bazin's system:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...-lowell-system
                                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Working...
                                X