• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Gamby wins Walter Brown Award.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

2 Balcony sections have been opened up for Saturdays game.

Comment

Since Norm Bazin became head coach, Lowell is 78-40-9 away from Tsongas Center. The winning percentage of .650 is the best in the nation over that span.
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          Nice to see Joe awarded this, especially after being passed over for the list of final ten Hobey candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Some of you have probably seen this, but it's a great read for some of the older fans and some of the newer ones to learn a bit about Lowell's colorful history. Great piece that was written almost 20 years ago by Dave Hendrickson, and I found it last week and posted on Facebook.
            This is a great piece, amazing how far the program has come. I was at the 1983 Babson 3OT game, crazy atmosphere in there. I swear Demole was coming out halfway to the blue line making those saves. Was also at the BC game where the Lowell players skated up to the BC line up during intros, really funny. Bullock's spin-a-rama shoot out goal was a sight to behold. The BU sweep in 1996 is a great memory too.
            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              Haven't seen anyone post this yet, but Hockey East put out another video from Saturday, and I love this one: https://youtu.be/qmVksABkJ3w
              A new one has been released today:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOh6pFxFG80

Comment

Originally posted by Palphen View Post
                2 Balcony sections have been opened up for Saturdays game.
                207 and 208 so that's nice to see. More tickets popped up in the lower bowl too, Section 119 (179 tickets) and diagonally opposite, Section 106 (185 tickets). Must be MN and ND tickets turned back in. More for us! Spread the word.
                Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                  It looks like Murphy's also has a Diner adjacent to the taproom serving breakfast:
                  http://www.murphysdiner.com/
                  shhhhhhh
                  UML RiverHawks

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    This is a great piece, amazing how far the program has come. I was at the 1983 Babson 3OT game, crazy atmosphere in there. I swear Demole was coming out halfway to the blue line making those saves. Was also at the BC game where the Lowell players skated up to the BC line up during intros, really funny. Bullock's spin-a-rama shoot out goal was a sight to behold. The BU sweep in 1996 is a great memory too.
                    I was at the latter two of those. Agreed, great memories.

Hendrickson posted a response on my wall that it was one of the most fun-to-write stories he ever did.
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by hawkfanjim View Post
                      shhhhhhh
                      Can't beat Murphy's location, but as a local if I am looking for a wide variety of beer delivered via clean fresh lines: http://strangebrewtavern.net/ 1/2 mile, 10 minute walk.

Psyched y'all ended up in Manch!
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                        Can't beat Murphy's location, but as a local if I am looking for a wide variety of beer delivered via clean fresh lines: http://strangebrewtavern.net/ 1/2 mile, 10 minute walk.

Psyched y'all ended up in Manch!
                        Strange Brew is great, but heading that way during the marathon will be a pain.
                        Monty

Comment

Strange Brew doesn't open until 4pm. I think they opened up early for the regional last time Lowell was in them, but I doubt they will be open at 10am. It's on my list for post game though.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                            Strange Brew is great, but heading that way during the marathon will be a pain.
                            Run. Wear shorts.

Comment

207 and 208 so that's nice to see. More tickets popped up in the lower bowl too, Section 119 (179 tickets) and diagonally opposite, Section 106 (185 tickets). Must be MN and ND tickets turned back in. More for us! Spread the word.
                              Bizarre. And now Balcony 207 and 208 are blocked out again, unless they sold out which is doubtful.

The SNHU Arena ticket site also now shows 24 tickets in Section 109 which is a core Lowell section so if anyone is looking from Lowell, grab some there before some other team's fans sneak in! There's also a handful left in Lowell sections 112-114 so anyone looking to be with the Lowell fans and not elsewhere, you still have a few options it looks like.
                              Last edited by riverchief1; 03-22-2017, 02:11 PM.
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Bizarre. And now Balcony 207 and 208 are blocked out again, unless they sold out which is doubtful.

The SNHU Arena ticket site also now shows 24 tickets in Section 109 which is a core Lowell section so if anyone is looking from Lowell, grab some there before some other team's fans sneak in! There's also a handful left in Lowell sections 112-114 so anyone looking to be with the Lowell fans and not elsewhere, you still have a few options it looks like.
                                SNHU-rena ticketing is odd, same as at the VWA. I've been to the box office one day looking for seats in a specific section, told that they section is sold out or not on sale. If the ticket agent is kind, they give me a date to come back. If not, I pick a random date and voila - plenty of seats in my preferred section. That happened last November with regional tix. Returned to the box office 1 - 2 days after my initial visit and purchased Section 120 tickets that were unavailable a day or 2 before.

Comment

Working...
                                X