2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Lowell should win easily today but there's something about these conference rematches a week later...

I will be there and would like ND to actually put up a "fight" for once.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      ...but there's something about these conference rematches a week later...
      This is exactly what is making some of us just a tad uneasy.
      University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        Lowell should win easily today but there's something about these conference rematches a week later...

I want no fight on Fake Hockey East's part today. But like many, I'm a little nervous but cautiously optimistic.
        Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
        Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
        Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          tough to keep beating the same team. mookie wishes you guys had the goofs tomorrow. really hope y'all win.
          Completely agree. This game has me petrified. You can have a team's number for a while, but eventually, when they're as talented as ND, things start to even out. Just hope it doesn't happen today.
          Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          Sort of like the elbow the Lowell player laid out Matt Gaudreau with that went uncalled?
          Originally posted by Patronick View Post
          Has any Lowell fan defended that hit or said it wasn't a penalty? Not that I've seen.

Should have been called but wasn't. Grow up.
          Yep. Should have been a penalty. I legit haven't seen one Lowell fan say that it wasn't a bad hit.
          Originally posted by J.D. View Post

No fight please. Just quit. And go home. So much travel!
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

We'll be there at the pre-game and looking to pick up 2 extra tickets. Anyone trying to unload a few? Let me know.....

Comment

Originally posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
              We'll be there at the pre-game and looking to pick up 2 extra tickets. Anyone trying to unload a few? Let me know.....
              I think all the Cornell and MN fans already left.
              Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

About the game itself yesterday, I don't think enough credit is being given to Wilson for the forecheck he alone put on to get us the first goal. Great perseverance by the kid.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Does anyone know why Lowell had the goal reversed. I can only guess the goalie was perhaps interfered with? And why isn't the reason announced to the audience?

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    About the game itself yesterday, I don't think enough credit is being given to Wilson for the forecheck he alone put on to get us the first goal. Great perseverance by the kid.
                    Billy Jaffe was all over that during the broadcast, couldn't say enough positives about the his play.
                    Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Originally posted by carlin View Post
                      Does anyone know why Lowell had the goal reversed. I can only guess the goalie was perhaps interfered with? And why isn't the reason announced to the audience?
                      Too many men on the ice call. Lowell still had four on the PK on the ice as a fifth player was over the boards and heading into the zone.
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Comment

Let's go Lowell, kick some butt today!!!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                          Too many men on the ice call. Lowell still had four on the PK on the ice as a fifth player was over the boards and heading into the zone.
                          I found this to be a scary moment in the game as I was not aware that the refs could not award a penalty for the too many men during the video review. I kept thinking Lowell would have to defend a 5x3 for over a minute. What a momentum swing that would have been.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            I don't know but I know his tolerant wife
                            That was a nice article. It's not often that the behind the scenes folks that contribute to the success of a program get any press. There's a team on the ice and there's a team that makes it all work. The athletic trainer's job is as important to the success of the team as any other. Hats off to Artie for his longevity and his commitment to the program.

P.S. I have a feeling hubby will be hearing about his 'tolerant wife' for many years to come as well.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              That was a nice article. It's not often that the behind the scenes folks that contribute to the success of a program get any press. There's a team on the ice and there's a team that makes it all work. The athletic trainer's job is as important to the success of the team as any other. Hats off to Artie for his longevity and his commitment to the program.

P.S. I have a feeling hubby will be hearing about his 'tolerant wife' for many years to come as well.
                              I can't wait to see Les today ... and remind her how tolerant she is.
                              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

It was nice. He works 7 days a week from Sept to after the season stops and most people have no idea he does.

Patman had it right. He must have a second wife somewhere who is 'tolerant'

Comment

Working...
                                X