Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Or "Sioux." (sorry, don't mean to make light of it - it just reminded me of the 2015 Frozen Four in Boston - it's when I realized that BU, essentially a "home" team, was VASTLY outnumbered by the North Dakota fans who would, when it got to "O'er the land of the free, And the home of the..." yell "Sioux")

I don't like it either.
    I didn't realize they did that. Ouch. I still refer to them as "The Sioux".
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      At least there will be two different colors. It was a sea of red when we played them? But seriously, maybe they'll be better today. Besides, I think people have pretty much been able to select sections that allow them to sit with their own fans. At MSG we were pretty dispersed and among a lot of Cornell fans. But today will be "blue" vs "red."
      If they came across pretentious against BU...
      BS UMass Lowell 2015
      PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        I didn't realize they did that. Ouch. I still refer to them as "The Sioux".
        Yeah. I get that they were trying to "intimidate" the opponent. I just thought it was classless. Although I suppose they would say it's all in "good fun," I just wish they would come up with another way.

Comment

Yeah. I get that they were trying to "intimidate" the opponent. I just thought it was classless. Although I suppose they would say it's all in "good fun," I just wish they would come up with another way.
          Treading on this ice here, I believe we are the only country that plays our anthem before every sporting event. I'd be fine with not doing so, but if we are going to do it, stand up, face the flag, place your and on your heart and be quiet.
          I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

A few hours away. The 12 PM start is a bit weird but it is what it is.

Go Lowell! Beat the "Big Red." I have been to two of the "Red Hot Hockey" events at Madison Square Garden between BU and Cornell. Let's just say the Cornell fans were...dismissive and condescending. I'll leave it at that.

Actually, even I won't deny this and it's a part of the reason I'm a little wary when I run into another alumnus. It's good to run into the down-to-earth ones though.

Comment

Good luck today (I don't think you'll need it).

I heard an interview by Bernie Corbett with Bazin this morning on NHL Network Radio - he did a great job as usual.
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

That was comprehensive

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

What a bunch of lumbering cheap shot artists. Refs let that game get out of control by letting Cornell continually take runs at Lowell players.

Strong performance, dominate win. Time to see who's on the menu for tomorrow night.
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Hellebuyck wasn't worthy of hobey top ten, but that guy today was...

Yes Im still confused
                    BS UMass Lowell 2015
                    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      What a bunch of lumbering cheap shot artists. Refs let that game get out of control by letting Cornell continually take runs at Lowell players.

Strong performance, dominate win. Time to see who's on the menu for tomorrow night.
                      Agreed. They were a bunch of dirtbags who couldn't compete so instead they gooned it up. Don't know where those refs were from but there's a difference between letting them play and letting it get out of control. Fortunately it doesn't seem any injuries occurred.

Good game though and on to tomorrow'so final.
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Wow, good job Lowell. Don't want to jinx things by saying this, but I really think you guys can win it all.

Comment

Was honestly a bit nervous the first 10 minutes of the game. UML seemed tentative while it appeared Cornell to skate with confidence. Fortunately that all change once Lowell was able to start connecting on passes. Nice game River Hawks. Took a lot of tough hits and will be sure to feel it tomorrow.

Re: parking - we were able to drive right in to the city without issue. We too Rte 93 and got off on the Candia Road exit. Parked about 2 blocks away from the arena on a residential street. Easy in/easy out. Looking forward to tomorrow!
                          University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Glad to have the win in the bag and (I think) everyone got out without being injured. Chatter in our section was speculating on the number (and duration) of ice baths needed for our guys.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                              Was honestly a bit nervous the first 10 minutes of the game. UML seemed tentative while it appeared Cornell to skate with confidence. Fortunately that all change once Lowell was able to start connecting on passes. Nice game River Hawks. Took a lot of tough hits and will be sure to feel it tomorrow.

Re: parking - we were able to drive right in to the city without issue. We too Rte 93 and got off on the Candia Road exit. Parked about 2 blocks away from the arena on a residential street. Easy in/easy out. Looking forward to tomorrow!
                              Don't forget Manchester has their St Patrick's day parade tomorrow from noon-2 so it may be a little tricky getting in for those who arrive early. Pregame starts at 1:30 at Murphy's again.
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Nice win River Hawks !!!!
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X