• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment

congrats to the state flagship hockey program. well done.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I watched this team since 10 years ago. They had nothing. No star players, average coaching(I guess). They have everything now. Players, coaching, system. You name it they have it. Despite, no offense, it's Lowell. Don't tell me it's the campus, the rink, anything. This program is head and shoulders above everyone in HE. Fact not opinion. It's just very impressive the way this program wins. Not a Lowell fan here just a hockey fan. Stating the obvious. Congrats UML and all your fans
        Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

It's Norm

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
            I watched this team since 10 years ago. They had nothing. No star players, average coaching(I guess). They have everything now. Players, coaching, system. You name it they have it. Despite, no offense, it's Lowell. Don't tell me it's the campus, the rink, anything. This program is head and shoulders above everyone in HE. Fact not opinion. It's just very impressive the way this program wins. Not a Lowell fan here just a hockey fan. Stating the obvious. Congrats UML and all your fans
            no, its us. we willed this one along. Yes, we got lucky with Norm and Marty but those don't happen... hell, we don't have a hockey program right now without those in this program who cared for years. Most if not all of us never put on one skate for this program but we're the ones pushing to make things work.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
              no, its us. we willed this one along. Yes, we got lucky with Norm and Marty but those don't happen... hell, we don't have a hockey program right now without those in this program who cared for years. Most if not all of us never put on one skate for this program but we're the ones pushing to make things work.
              Don't disagree with this either

Comment

Congratulations! Good luck in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

you stupids!!!!

it's jasmine
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

You can't stay at lowell forever can you? Bazin's phone should be ringing off the hook. NHL, bigger college programs...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      You can't stay at lowell forever can you? Bazin's phone should be ringing off the hook. NHL, bigger college programs...
                      One would think so. But, of course, that statement is made in a vacuum. We don't have privy to the information that goes into facing a decision of that magnitude. There could be family issues, quality of life, location, financial, desire to even coach professionals. Although it seems that money is the #1 priority these days, there are exceptions. But no doubt there could be some interesting speculation in the off-season, for sure.

What may very well be more important though is the culture that he has established there. If he does leave, who will replace him and will that person be able to maintain the level of quality that he has implemented.

Comment

• congrats Riverhawks. g'luck in the NCAAs.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Highlights
                          BS UMass Lowell 2015
                          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Michigan Tech wins
                            BS UMass Lowell 2015
                            PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              NHL for sure I would think and no one could blame him. Glad Bruins have turned things around. Hope they give their coach an extension because I think Norm has been rumored to be on their radar. What bigger programs are looking right now. BC? I would have a problem with that, but money often talks. I hope if it ever comes to money, State U can muster it up. Remember Norm went to school at Lowell and they gave him his 1st D1 head job.

Comment

Crazy how this program went from the island of misfit coaches (Crowder, Timmay, Blaise) to Norm.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X