Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016/2017 Lowell Thread: Hoping for Chicago pt 2

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
    Don't bet on this but try to find a Manchester ECHL seating chart and it will probably tell you what end they shoot at twice.
    This chart shows where the Monarchs shoot twice. I assume that's where the higher seeded team (so, Lowell, obviously, in this case) will also shoot twice (but I can't guarantee it). I'm trying to think of where BU shot twice when we were there; it was to the right on the "other" side of the arena when you entered from Elm Street, but I don't remember the section numbers, and this map doesn't show the entrances in relation to the street.
    Last edited by chickod; 03-19-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
      Does anybody know which end of the Ice Lowell will be shooting at twice. I'm looking at end zone seats right now, which I actually like, but want to be on their offensive zone end. Seating section numbers would be helpful. Thanks.
      you'll be able to roam
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        Don't bet on this but try to find a Manchester ECHL seating chart and it will probably tell you what end they shoot at twice.
        OK. I looked up my tickets from 2015 (they're pdf files and I still had them on my computer). We were in Section 205. We were NOT on the end where the home team shot twice, so DEFINITELY you would want 112-116 (assuming that the "home" team shoots at the same end as previous years).

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          Those times are not right. Both are 3:30

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            you'll be able to roam
            Probably not to sit where they want. I am guessing more people will show for this than for Boston- Easier trip for us, good time of day for people who don't want to get home late, less expensive to park.

Marathon or not Manchester is bush league when handling traffic. No one to direct traffic, traffic pattern at the rink exit is a gong show. We were shooting to be there about 45 min before the game. Left with plenty of time to do that and I spent the entire 1st period still sitting in line to get off the exit. Managed to see the last 2 periods. It was past ridiculous. Second night we went hours early.

Plan for plenty of extra time. The people that avoided the traffic did so by swinging north and coming back down. If they are racing just north of the arena starting at 10 they will still be running when we are trying to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              OK. I looked up my tickets from 2015 (they're pdf files and I still had them on my computer). We were in Section 205. We were NOT on the end where the home team shot twice, so DEFINITELY you would want 112-116 (assuming that the "home" team shoots at the same end as previous years).
              Thanks everybody for the help

Comment

Originally posted by LTI Alum View Post
                Thanks everybody for the help
                You're welcome. Hope you were able to get what you wanted.

Comment

Lowell was able to get more tickets from SNHU Arena. The Lowell seats are in Sections 109-114 according to the e-mail they just sent out.
                  Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                  "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

I am planning on going as a neutral. Seats weren't available last night when i checked, maybe because the 4 teams weren't taken care of yet. Not sure.

Comment

Haven't seen anyone post this yet, but Hockey East put out another video from Saturday, and I love this one: https://youtu.be/qmVksABkJ3w
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                        Haven't seen anyone post this yet, but Hockey East put out another video from Saturday, and I love this one: https://youtu.be/qmVksABkJ3w
                        Nice video - thanks for posting it.
                        University of Lowell, 1987

Comment

Congrats on the HE Title. Good luck this weekend.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

A bit more logistical information for Saturday. With regard to the marathon, when looking at the Arena Parking Map and the Marathon Route Map, everything to the left of Granite Street and Lake Avenue (south of that area) is accessible including Exit 5 off the highway. Everything to the right (north) is inaccessible including the majority of those parking areas on the arena map. Did some digging and both the arena and marathon people said that the garage across from the arena by the hotel at the corner of Granite and Elm is accessible and available (how much availability is TBD given marathon and the fact the hotel is also hosting the Made In New Hampshire Trade Show from 10-8 Saturday...I guess Manchester does the same job coordinating their events as Les says the do with event traffic management).

The arena said other than that garage, it would be on street parking in the areas south of Granite, to the left on their parking map. Marathon people said that in addition to on street, there are many private lots in that area that wave folks in and charge during events. And Commercial Street will be accessible they said to the south towards the ball park as well as north along the mill areas as that street to the north is not within the marathon course zone. So there would be on street, mill parking lots as office workers aren't there, and possibly some of those lots shown on the arena map further to the north/right on the arena parking map closer to the river.

So between NCAA hockey, the marathon, and the Made In New Hampshire Expo, downtown Manchester will be quite the scene Saturday morning. Best advice would be to leave earlier than you might normally to allow for possible delays of any sort and just plan accordingly so you're in your seats by noon puck drop. Hopefully there won't be too many frustrated and angry fans coming in during the first period or later! But many Lowell fans know their way around Manchester and hopefully Manchester has their act together to direct, assist, and guide everyone.

Update: UML has additional information on their Tournament Central page. Looks like there's a parade on Sunday too that should be over by 2:00. Here's a direct link to Manchester PD alert regarding roads and traffic for both days. They're estimating 6,000 people for marathon and parade Saturday and Sunday, not counting the hockey games. What fun!
                            Last edited by riverchief1; 03-20-2017, 01:55 PM.
                            Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                            Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                            Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Article in today's Lowell Sun on Lowell's NCAA selection.
                              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

"I don't know much about them. I just know they made it to the final of their league. All 16 teams in the tournament are good teams," senior captain Michael Kapla said.
                                "We'll do our homework on them during the week. Our coaches do an amazing job of getting intel on other teams," Gambardella said.
                                Read more: http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_3...#ixzz4bu4EQ7ha

Get a copy of the ECAC Championship round video where Harvard wiped the floor with Cornell as they seem to do each time they play them. The best way to defeat a "bully" is to give them a bloody nose. That is the same with the Big Red. Use your shoulder pads. Pound them. Cornell tries to get an early lead and then suffocates you with defense causing you to take risks. Don't be intimidated by their size. Harvard's 5'9" forwards were knocking the Cornell 6'4" players (or what one Harvard fan affectionately calls "skating pylons") on their butt. Bodycheck, Forechecking ... go after them !!!

Glad you made it to Manchester. Good luck !!! Will be cheering for you.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X