Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Glad we're playing UCONN, we've never lost to them and now they have to beat us twice in three games.

I don't remember, does HE re-seed? I know first things first with UCONN next weekend, but beating Lowell in a road 2 out of 3 is tall task.
    Yes they do re-seed. We would go to Lowell if we win. We always seem to play well there, so it's not terrible, but they are playing well lately. UConn is definitely a better draw for us than UNH.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Way G played tonight.. UConn will beat us.

Good God help us!
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

Good God help us!
        Can Gaud play forward and goalie?
        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
          Can Gaud play forward and goalie?
          ha. ha..
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

Good God help us!
            #CountdowntoCayden
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Yes they do re-seed. We would go to Lowell if we win.
              We wouldn't if UMASS, Maine or UNH win their series though right? Lowell gets lowest seed remaining.
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

We wouldn't if UMASS, Maine or UNH win their series though right? Lowell gets lowest seed remaining.
                Correct
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

True, very true. Thanks for catching that
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

ZAR held pointless.
                    From where I sat, a couple of his teammates seemed hellbent on making sure that he never had the puck...especially on the power play...

Besides the obvious Ruck issue, selfish hockey was fully on display...it was disgusting...

BTW, the fact that, again, a coach cannot figure out how to have his top line together at the end of a PP or PK reared its ugly head...

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      I've been watching college hockey since the 80s, never seen opposing seniors get mentioned anywhere ever
                      NU has done it for the past several years...

Frankly, I can't recall it being done in other venues...

Comment

BU has done it for several years. In fact last night, they called out the two Notre Dame seniors twice. They were mentioned right before they honored the BU seniors, then again when the Notre Dame players were out on the ice for introductions.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                          NU has done it for the past several years...

Frankly, I can't recall it being done in other venues...
                          Vermont also does it.
                          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Union now put out a highlight video for their boys. NU has put out stats/gifs with stats, but still...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtwXQa2werQ
                            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                              From where I sat, a couple of his teammates seemed hellbent on making sure that he never had the puck...especially on the power play...

Besides the obvious Ruck issue, selfish hockey was fully on display...it was disgusting...

BTW, the fact that, again, a coach cannot figure out how to have his top line together at the end of a PP or PK reared its ugly head...
                              I thought Maine did a decent job bottling up ZAR and forcing the others to beat them. Sikura hit 2 posts, Gaudette had open looks but either whiffed or Morris made one of many stellar saves. Shame though, he ends the RS tied with Kelleher for total points, 1 ahead of Vecchione.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

BC has acknowledged the opposing team's seniors over the last several years, but BC didn't have senior night this past Thursday, so I guess they're going to do it in the first round of the playoffs (Sat. or Sunday)? UML had senior night Friday at Lowell. BC seniors were not acknowledged. Personally, I could care less either way. I'm just into 'drop the puck... let's get on with it.'

Next year there will not be a senior night at BC. There won't be any on the roster.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X