Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    I had a chance to meet and speak with Jim Madigan yesterday. He's the kind of guy you'd love to have as a best friend. No wonder the kids love him.
    Was that in Boston or Chicago?

Comment

For anyone to say that Union would have won 23 games without Vechionne never watched Union play, especially the first 15-20 games.
      ZAR was great player as well but not even close to reality to say Union was deeper. In regards to Butcher, you don't hold it against the player because he plays for an elite program.
      It was interesting to see 3 deserving candidates and Nono e knowing for sure who would win until it was announced. Butcher will be a stud in the pros

Comment

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        ..Butcher will be a stud in the pros
        pls dont jinx him, you already got Harvard the other night..
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
          This is the first time in quite some time that the college hockey press has either hinted or come right out an said that the vote was in error.
          I don't believe the goaltending had anything to do with it. I do believe that regional politics had everything to do with it.
          Bingo! Not the way it's supposed to be but the way it is. Can you elaborate on the hockey press remark? I haven't seen anything along those lines....not yet, at least. BTW, any rumors floating about vote totals?

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
          Would have to have been Chicago. The AD, the coaching staff, and more than a few staff were there.

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
          ...Butcher will be a stud in the pros
          So will ZAR. In fact, he's off to an impressive start with WBS. Nothing against Butcher...all the best to him...but the honest feeling in some quarters is that he was the wrong guy based on the Hobey criteria.
          Last edited by Split-N; 04-08-2017, 02:39 PM.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

• Originally posted by Split-N View Post
            Bingo! Not the way it's supposed to be but the way it is. Can you elaborate on the hockey press remark? I haven't seen anything along those lines....not yet, at least. BTW, any rumors floating about vote totals?

Would have to have been Chicago. The AD, the coaching staff, and more than a few staff were there.

So will ZAR. In fact, he's off to an impressive start with WBS. Nothing against Butcher...all the best to him...but the honest feeling in some quarters is that he was the wrong guy based on the Hobey criteria.
            ZAR is a very good player,

What is the Hobey criteria?

Comment

A lot of times it's not an obvious decision. Not like you guys saw Butcher a lot. Very difficult comparing a forward to a dman.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                If you're a defenseman you can only win the Hobey if you're up against an NU player. Much like Gilroy, Butcher wasn't even the best player on his own team! Borgstrom >>>>
                The obvious difference here is Thiessen had absolutely no case to win over Wilson or Gilroy whereas ZAR has an excellent case over Butcher,
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                  Chicago.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    The obvious difference here is Thiessen had absolutely no case to win over Wilson or Gilroy whereas ZAR has an excellent case over Butcher,
                    Not really sure how you can say this when you're comparing different positions. Easy to eliminate guys when comparing same position but i don't know how you definitively separate out what a goalie did compared to a dman etc. Maybe evaluate how big of a gap there is between the best goalie and next best goalie and then do same for other positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      Again, explain to me how Thiessen had no case to win when he won HE POTY against the same two players? I'm not saying he definitely should have won, I said before I would have voted for Wilson, but "absolutely no case" is absurd.
                      Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 04-08-2017, 05:19 PM.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

For anyone to say that Union would have won 23 games without Vechionne never watched Union play, especially the first 15-20 games.
                        ZAR was great player as well but not even close to reality to say Union was deeper. In regards to Butcher, you don't hold it against the player because he plays for an elite program.
                        It was interesting to see 3 deserving candidates and Nono e knowing for sure who would win until it was announced. Butcher will be a stud in the pros
                        Three players to choose...ZAR, Vecchione, Butcher...which do you choose first.

Thought so...

Good night...

Comment

ZAR is a very good player,

What is the Hobey criteria?
                          I'm not interested in a Socratic Dialogue...the case could be made that ZAR has been the best player in D1 since mid 2015/16 season and pegs to the green every aspect of the Hobey criteria.

Comment

Butcher will be a stud in the pros
                            I'm not going to take anything away from this kid and his game but he's not making players around him better. He's not taking a team on his shoulders and leading them to the Promised Land. He's a good player surrounded by elite talent under the tutelage of a talented coach - arguably the best in college hockey and who is going to one day succeed Jerry York.

ZAR went through 80% of the season without regular linemates and as much as I like Madigan...

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              Chicago.
                              Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                                No nor will there be because only Price Waterhouse knows. There is no way that Butcher got anywhere near 14 votes, though...I'd put his top side at 10 possibly 11...

Ryan Lambert had an elaboration out on Twitter. Other Tweets have intimated the same ***?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X