No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merrimack has won or tied their last 8 gms.
    Not sure about them getting swept at the Gut.. but in a playoff type scenario watch out.
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

In case anyone doesn't already know it, tonight's game is being televised live (7:30 p.m.) on FCS Atlantic. Also tape delayed (10:30 p.m.) on at least one of the other FCS regional networks.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

slow starts on road seem to kill us some games. same thing tonight.. ME getting 2 goals in first 5 mins..

NU clawing back currently.. trying to hold off for the 3rd period for now.

We do it to ourselves. Coaches have to get the kids ready from puck drop!

Go Huskies
        GO NU HOCKEY
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

3-2 going into the 3rd

Gaudette set the single season PPG record (15)

JStevens got point #100 for his career

NU has 3 50-point scorers for the first time since 1975-76

Sikura's 32 assists are the most since Fahey in 2001-02
          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

yeah Nolan!..
            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              yeah Nolan!..
              in other news.. the south china sea army just attacked this forum..

Go NU
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Win a game, drop two spots in the PWR. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Yet another dramatic win over the Black Bears. Now the Huskies’ trio of 50+ point stars will have at least 3 more games with 2 at home to add to their single season highs.
                  Last edited by scorer; 02-25-2017, 06:43 AM.

Comment

We clinched home ice with the win and UNH loss tonight. Updated playoff scenarios for tomorrow are at https://t.co/JXUals3hk7

Comment

So it will be UNH or UCONN at Matthews next weekend. Personally, I'm rooting for UNH, because as I said earlier I'd much rather play UCONN.

What a performance again from ZAR. He went from everyone holding their breath that he was seriously hurt after getting boarded IMO, to scoring a go-ahead goal and then producing the game winning assist. Truly an honor to watch him play.

In other news, I thought Filipe was great tonight. Collier and Griffin weren't particularly good but 17 made the 3rd line dangerous all night. His maturity this year has reminded me a lot of Sikura and ZAR as underclassmen. He seems to get better each game and in the coming years he'll be one of the better players in the conference.
                      Last edited by Thiessen'sBetter; 02-24-2017, 09:59 PM.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

ZAR is a savage
                        regardless of our outcome this yr ..what a season for him.
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          So it will be UNH or UCONN at Matthews next weekend. Personally, I'm rooting for UNH, because as I said earlier I'd much rather play UCONN.

What a performance again from ZAR. He went from everyone holding their breath that he was seriously hurt after getting boarded IMO, to scoring a go-ahead goal and then producing the game winning assist. Truly an honor to watch him play.

In other news, I thought Filipe was great tonight. Collier and Griffin weren't particularly good but 17 made the 3rd line dangerous all night. His maturity this year has reminded me a lot of Sikura and ZAR as underclassmen. He seems to get better each game and in the coming years he'll be one of the better players in the conference.
                          I thought the Stevens brothers made a huge contribution also. Haven't they been injured for awhile?

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                            I thought the Stevens brothers made a huge contribution also. Haven't they been injured for awhile?
                            Yes. Nolan was hurt for over 3 months and returned for the Beanpot and John has had 2 different times he's missed games. Obvious statement here, but the team is significantly better with them both in the line-up.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Highlights of NU goals against Maine for Feb 24 game at Alfond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urLxihwGHlQ

Comment

Originally posted by scorer View Post
                                Highlights of NU goals against Maine for Feb 24 game at Alfond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urLxihwGHlQ
                                thanks!
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X