Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    He's insanely talented but has had a lot of trouble putting things together this year for us, especially on the offensive end. He's also been a significant defensive liability in certain spots, particularly in the first ND game two weeks ago. He's only 19 so he's got lots of time to shore up his game but he's got a bit to go before he's ready and won't get roasted nightly in the NHL. Some have listed him as being a candidate for a HE first team all-conference D, I can't see how there aren't two or three D better than him in the league.
    Couldn't agree more except there are 2 or 3 defenseman on his own team who are better not in all of hockey east

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
      I would love to have a Charlie McAvoy on our team but does anybody else think that he is a bit overrated. I've seen him play live many times and the kid can hit, but I don't see him standing out. I think he is smart but not a shut down defenseman that he is talked about.
      He's friggin 19yo
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
        Brown Sugar is excellent, can't recommend it enough. Best Thai I've had in the city by a mile.
        There is a half restaurant/half store in Brookline near kupels that is better. Most all Thai joints cook for white people and don't use peppers. Hate having to tell them all the time to not give mookie the whitey plate

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          He's friggin 19yo
          was he older when you called him flat footed Charlie?...oh Nookie make up your mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
            was he older when you called him flat footed Charlie?...oh Nookie make up your mind.
            No, he is older today than yesterday. You idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              No, he is older today than yesterday. You idiot.
              Oh Cookie ...the only idiot is the reflection in your mirror...make another funny about Bobo being in a coma you numnuts

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Recruiting news:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...l-barrett-ford
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Originally posted by BUtogether View Post
                  Oh Cookie ...the only idiot is the reflection in your mirror...make another funny about Bobo being in a coma you numnuts
                  Can you guys take this back to your thread? We're mourning over here.
                  2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                  2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

This series came down to NU not executing when they had the chance. 0-7 on the powerplay, which was coming in at 29% success. 4-8 on the penalty kill, which was entering at 84% success. As much as I've harped on him all season, Ruck was not the reason we lost. Hell he isn't even the reason for the game-winning goal. Yes, he got out of position, but that photo shared by FP also showed Williams getting toasted by Krys to the spot. Williams literally loses his footing turning towards the net, clearing the path for Krys to the net and the easy put-back. Ruck made the save on the JFK shot- overcommitted yes, but made the initial save. Williams falling allowed the rebound to go in uncontested.

Missed opportunities in front of the net- Davies, Sikura, Gaudette, ZAR, they all had them. The first line was silent in the second game. Gaudette was invisible in the first game. We got the secondary scoring we were hunting for when Lerario gave us a lead. And we didn't hold it.

There are things to take away- Ruck has shown he can play quality goaltending- limiting BU to 6 goals in 2 games at home is good, especially when only 2 of those were even strength. I thought Davies and Shea played very well; Davies' offensive talents shone through especially in Game 1. Shea's defensive growth was noticeably all series and Bernie Corbett acknowledged that as well on the broadcast. Filipe has blossomed and will continue to get better. I thought Lincoln Griffin had his best game in months last night.

In the end though, it ended like we've seen before. BU wins, we lose. It sucks. It hurts. It hurts even more to have the same script two nights in a row. To squander three Hobey Baker caliber seasons. To not make the Garden. There are questions to answer- who stays, who goes, goaltending next year, defensive coaching, penalty kill adjustments, conditioning, all of these and more will be brought up in the next 6 months. Some fairly. Some not. As it stands though, we have our best goalie recruit in a decade set to arrive, and as of now some quality players returning and being added to the lineup. I still think nu is on the rise and going in the right direction. Doesn't mean losing is any fun, but maybe we aren't at the level of yearly title contenders yet. Maybe we are like the old Brooklyn Dodgers. Wait till next year.
                    Last edited by NU_Husky; 03-12-2017, 12:32 PM.
                    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                      but that photo shared by FP also showed Williams getting toasted by Krys to the spot. And Ruck made the save on the JFK shot- overcommitted yes, but made the initial save.
                      Oy, I just rewatched the tape to see what you were talking about, I didn't realize the PK coverage there was that bad. Three of your PK guys are standing around doing absolutely nothing there. Credit to the guy sprawled out trying to get in the way of the puck, but either of Greenway of Krys could've put home a rebound with no defensive interference there. 5 and 8 are doing nothing to help cover the now abandoned net and most importantly 21 just lets Krys walk right up to the net completely untouched. 21 doesn't even put his stick out at all, completely inexcusable even if you're tired.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Oy, I just rewatched the tape to see what you were talking about, I didn't realize the PK coverage there was that bad. Three of your PK guys are standing around doing absolutely nothing there. Credit to the guy sprawled out trying to get in the way of the puck, but either of Greenway of Krys could've put home a rebound with no defensive interference there. 5 and 8 are doing nothing to help cover the now abandoned net and most importantly 21 just lets Krys walk right up to the net completely untouched. 21 doesn't even put his stick out at all, completely inexcusable even if you're tired.
                        *Sigh*. In the immortal words of Kermit the Frog, "It's not easy...."
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Now we wait and see where ZAR goes. Hopefully it's right down the street at TD Garden.

Disappointing end to the season obviously, but we're in a better place in net and on the blue line going into next year then we've been in quite a while.
                          2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                          2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Some more info on Zach Aston-Reese including some possible suitors for his services:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...n-nhl-prospect
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                              Some more info on Zach Aston-Reese including some possible suitors for his services:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hock...n-nhl-prospect
                              Really good article, really enjoyed how you tracked his shifts. Wish teams did that for all players.

Would love to see ZAR in Pittsburgh, given the suitors listed in the article. EDM he gets to hang with Benning again, but I don't trust their development of young forwards. Don't know enough about VAN (beyond Gaudette) or OTT.
                              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Pittsburgh has a lot of good forwards/ depth. May not be good fit for someone like him.

He needs to go where he may have chance to make an impact at nxt level. gluck to him.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X