Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Richard View Post
    He can play 2 years at CR. When will he turn 19? I just don't want to make the same mistake that they made with Griffen. Bring him in last year is looking like a big mistake.
    As a '99 he can play 3 years in CR.
    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
      As the one who makes that projection graphic, when HHound says something I generally change it. He's right something on the order of 99.99% of the time.

Having said that, I'm interested to see how it plays out. I'm sure if he's capable of getting here in 18 and he and the team are both on board with that plan, they'll find a way to make it happen. I personally agree that the year in the USHL is beneficial and would rather he had one.
      That's very kind of you, but CollegeHockeyRinkReport has far better sources and knows a thing or two. He may be correct, however I will say that my source here is someone who has known the boy, his family, and his "game" for many years. Who knows how quickly his skills may develop in the USHL?

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
        As a '99 he can play 3 years in CR.
        Yes...he's a late year 1999 and would still be 20 @ the end of 2019-20 season...

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
          99.9% chance he skips senior year at Thayer and plays in CR.

FWIW, my two cents, it would make 0 sense for him to return to Thayer if his goal is D1 in the Fall of 2018. Something I have complained about with this current team is that a couple to some of the current players would have done well to do a USHL season before arriving. This kid would benefit with like players around him and to see how he responds when he gets pushed around.

Comment

Go NU
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              It's actually quite common. Look no further than #17, who passed up his senior year at Malden Catholic to go to the USHL. (Still graduated with his MC class tho.)
              My alma mater (MC) is pretty well represented in Hockey East. Filipe and Collier (NU), the Fitzgeralds (BC) and Nazarian (UNH). Oh, and that Vecchione kid at Union is pretty good too!
              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Preview: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...agganis-arena/
                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                  FWIW, my two cents, it would make 0 sense for him to return to Thayer if his goal is D1 in the Fall of 2018. Something I have complained about with this current team is that a couple to some of the current players would have done well to do a USHL season before arriving. This kid would benefit with like players around him and to see how he responds when he gets pushed around.
                  I can agree with that. I was told differently, but plans can be changed. The USHL seems to be a finishing school for D1 hockey players. The player who could have benefitted from the USHL is Lincoln Griffin, who was accelerated and came a year early. I saw very little improvement from his freshman year.

Comment

Let's go NU!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• 60 mins team.. full effort!.. 60 mins.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Don't feel good at all about this overtime. Hope I'm wrong.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          Don't feel good at all about this overtime. Hope I'm wrong.
                          What you said
                          "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            60 mins team.. full effort!.. 60 mins.
                            To play like that in the first.. then have the same old happen & kids not step up. We've seen this. Yes it was a 1 goal OT gm.. but not really. Gave up 3 unanswered G.

Barring a miracle.. they might be done here.
                            GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              Barring a miracle.. they might be done here.
                              Agree that it looks bleak, but this senior class has produced a few miracles before. I gotta think ZAR and Johnny aren't gonna go out with a whimper, they'll put it all out there tomorrow night. Would be nice if they could enter the zone on the PP tomorrow. BU was clearly taking away the Cockerill drop pass to Sikura entry that has been so effective all year. From there they looked lost on whether to try and skate it in or get it deep. Need a much better game from Gaudette tomorrow as well.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Huge moment in the game even though it was still the first period......Oettingers desperation stop on Davies back door wide open shot. Might have been enough right there.

Comment

Working...
                                X