Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Get on with it and give ZAR the award already.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Comment

another defenseman takes the Hobey over an NU player... right in the feels
        GO NU!
        --------------------------------------------------
        2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

• great run ZAR.. now time for your next chapter in the pros.. all the best.

Goodluck & congrats to DU & Will Butcher.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Bull****. I'd bet anything Union jobber and ZAR split the vote in the east, while Butcher swept the west. **** this. By what metric, at all, was Will Butcher the best player in the country.
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              Bull****. I'd bet anything Union jobber and ZAR split the vote in the east, while Butcher swept the west. **** this. By what metric, at all, was Will Butcher the best player in the country.
              The real question is why would anyone vote for Vecchione over ZAR?
              GO NU!
              --------------------------------------------------
              2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

• Originally posted by thebleedenator View Post
                The real question is why would anyone vote for Vecchione over ZAR?
                I agree with this too. Something something his team made the NCAA tournament something something
                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Yeah, I think you're pretty much on target but I also think it goes a little deeper. Even though how deeply a team goes in the playoffs is not a criteria, I do believe some voters, especially those who might have been on the fence, will gravitate toward a player whose team makes a deep run. So it's likely that Butcher pulled in some votes because of that. And, of course, Northeastern is not exactly a brand name in the hockey world.

Not the way it's supposed to be but it's the way it is.
                  "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

its Bull****! End of regular season leading nation in goals and points, what else ewas he supposed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                      its Bull****! End of regular season leading nation in goals and points, what else ewas he supposed to do.
                      Be a better goaltender. It's clear that's what he was penalized for, was the team's poor record.

I am less mad that Butcher won, more upset that ZAR lost. Butcher, after speaking to a DU fan, had the best non-ZAR case out of anyone in the Top 10. So, I'm more composed now than I was last night. Congrats to him.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

I had a chance to meet and speak with Jim Madigan yesterday. He's the kind of guy you'd love to have as a best friend. No wonder the kids love him.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Hobey Committee needs to take a look at itself and figure out that if regional politics are the determinant then they need a new system of voting. I will state that referees, for sure, should be taken out of the equation. They are more plentiful than rabbits @ the D1 ranks and there is no way that they can offer a meaningful opinion. That's 9 whole votes.

I congratulate Will Butcher and his program but I point out that DU without him is still probably playing tonight. Union without Vecchione still wins 23 games or comes close. Northeastern without ZAR is Madigan circulating his resume'.

I saw a graphic or article late last year that logically detailed how ZAR was not only the best current D1 player but had been since late 2015.

Anyway, congrats to ZAR as he moves on to the show. Congrats to "The Boys" for staying together in their attempt to overcome poor goaltending, and, often, poor defense and goaltending.

GO HUSKIES!

PS: Did everyone see how ZAR's papa gave a HUGE shout out to the Dog House? Thought that was pretty classy.

Comment

If you're a defenseman you can only win the Hobey if you're up against an NU player. Much like Gilroy, Butcher wasn't even the best player on his own team! Borgstrom >>>>
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Be a better goaltender. It's clear that's what he was penalized for, was the team's poor.
                              This is the first time in quite some time that the college hockey press has either hinted or come right out an said that the vote was in error.

I don't believe the goaltending had anything to do with it. I do believe that regional politics had everything to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                                If you're a defenseman you can only win the Hobey if you're up against an NU player. Much like Gilroy, Butcher wasn't even the best player on his own team! Borgstrom >>>>
                                Man do I agree 100%...and I'd add Troy Terry as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X