9. Merrimack 29
    10.(tie)Maine 19
    10.(tie)Massachusetts 19
    1 first place vote?

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Originally posted by Richard View Post
      1 first place vote?
      I don't understand BC's first place vote either!

Comment

Agreed, I don't understand the first place vote, but I'll take it! They got 2 in the HEWBA poll as well, so some people must think highly of what we got. 4-6 is the range we've been in in everyone that I've seen, with more 4s and 5s than 6s. One podcast I listen to said that if NU can get national average goaltending (last year was .908 IIRC), and maintain their offense from last year, they can be Hockey East/National tournament contenders, which I agree with and think is well within the realm of possibility.
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

you guys lose to bentley yet?

had to have, didn't ya?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            you guys lose to bentley yet?

had to have, didn't ya?
            Material that is almost 2 seasons old? You're losing your touch, Mook. I expect more from you
            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              Material that is almost 2 seasons old? You're losing your touch, Mook. I expect more from you
              Classics never go out of style.....
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                Agreed, I don't understand the first place vote, but I'll take it! They got 2 in the HEWBA poll as well, so some people must think highly of what we got. 4-6 is the range we've been in in everyone that I've seen, with more 4s and 5s than 6s. One podcast I listen to said that if NU can get national average goaltending (last year was .908 IIRC), and maintain their offense from last year, they can be Hockey East/National tournament contenders, which I agree with and think is well within the realm of possibility.
                I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them finish higher than 4-5 and make noise in the playoffs for the very reasons cited in the podcast. But the projections are reasonable given past performance and may serve to give the players some extra edge to exceed expectations that, for NU, are historically high.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Important note from the weekly game release, Camden Lot is CLOSED due to construction. Cannot park there. Can use Columbus Garage free of charge. Renaissance is also there but their prices are stupid high.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                    Important note from the weekly game release, Camden Lot is CLOSED due to construction. Cannot park there. Can use Columbus Garage free of charge. Renaissance is also there but their prices are stupid high.
                    thx for the heads up. Go Huskies
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Exhibition lines are out. Everybody playing except Hawkins (expected) and Pecararo (not so much). If he's still not eligible - which is absolutely a hypothetical at this point - it's time to cut ties with the kid at this point.
                      Last edited by TheRevengeance; 09-30-2017, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                        Exhibition lines are out. Everybody playing except Hawkins (expected) and Pecararo (not so much). If he's still not eligible - which is absolutely a hypothetical at this point - it's time to cut ties with the kid at this point.
                        Is Hawkins eligible halfway through the season?
                        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                          Is Hawkins eligible halfway through the season?
                          Yes. Slim chance he gets eligibility for AIC in December, otherwise expect him for January games.
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• i thought nu was already done with pecararo since eligibility issues.. one after the other. too bad as he is good player i've heard.

on another note.. it is exhibition night.. but always nice to see some offense spread out.. Go Huskies!
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Great to have hockey back. Sikura and Gaudette are absolutley filthy, not that hot of a take I know.
                              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Exhibition thoughts: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ga...upei-panthers/
                                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Working...
                                X