Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Vecchione, ZAR's top Hobey rival, tied him in points today with a single assist. Union lost 10-3 to Penn State. ZAR/Vecchione had 63 points in 38 games. IMO that bad a loss *has* to be a negative in Vecchione's candidacy column. They didn't just lose. They got embarrassed. Anyone who tries to refute that by saying 'it's not a team award' no longer can hold NU's record or lack of tournament play against them as a negative.
    Today confirmed what I already thought. ZAR was the best player in college hockey and should win the award. It will be very disappointing if he doesn't. Also, here's a hot take: Vecchione isn't the best player on his own team, Spencer Foo is.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      So, BU didn't get a penalty in OT??? I guess Greenway was just gassed and decided to sit in the box for a couple of minutes. Understandable. I also obviously missed that their game winning goal was a PPG.
      So plowing the goalie over and getting called for GI is the same thing as getting a GWG overturned after a lengthy review using the reverse angle? C'mon. And for the record, I thought he was probably offside but I felt it wasn't enough to overturn. The main center ice camera would have been definitive but the shot was too zoomed in on the ESPN broadcast to see the possible offside player. It is possible the center ice camera used for the Jumbo feed had a good shot of it, did the officials ever release an explanation?

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Originally posted by Richard View Post
        ...Do I think he was offsides yes I think he was but did they have conclusive evidence to show it, no you can only infer that he was offsides iand the rule is you have to have conclusive evidence but that doesn't matter if your BU if your BU you get the call...
        Bearing in mind that the last place you'll ever find me is on the BU bandwagon, I have to jump in and respectfully disagree. One of the replay views I saw clearly showed a sliver of white ice between the back edge of the player's skates and the determining (front) edge of the blueline. The play is therefore offside and the goal must be disallowed. Under the current rules, the officiating crew made the right call for the right reason. Period.

Now, do I think replay is being overused? Hell yes! What started out as something limited to verifying goal/no-goal calls (the most important calls made in any game), replay now extends to almost everything but verifying that a player's skates are tied correctly. The human element (including officials' judgment) is one of the things that make competitive sports so compelling but there are those who seem hell bent to replace it with technology. If that's what you want, then go ahead and replace the zebras with sensors and cameras. But I don't think you'll like what you get. I'll take the sometimes outrageous fortunes wrought by the human element, including BU overtime PPs.

But that's a different subject for a different thread.
        Last edited by Split-N; 03-26-2017, 10:33 AM.
        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

BU lost, I don't care anymore, and SH. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jake Theut shut out Notre Dame, who has advanced to the Frozen Four. The last NU goalie to shut out a team that made the NCAA tournament was Clay Witt in 2013-14, also was Notre Dame. A 4-0 win.

The last NU goalie to shut out a team that made the NCAA Frozen Four was Keni Gibson in 2003-04, shutting out BC 3-0.
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Definitely no ZAR, Kelleher, Bjork, Keller, Gambardella, Walman, Byron, Zink, White, RFitz, Gross, Cangelosi and Thompson in Hockey East next year and maybe no CJ Smith, McAvoy, Greenway or JFK. It's certainly set up for Gaudette, Sikura or Nolan to have another NU player take a run at conference POTY.

Comment

JStevens to NY Islanders...

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                  JStevens to NY Islanders...
                  Couldn't have happened to a better person. Thrilled for him. WBS hosts Bridgeport april 15 if anyone local wants to see ZAR vs Johnny
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Best of luck to John. Can't imagine many better people have come through college hockey, much less our small corner of it. https://t.co/UCNRzXVJcf

Comment

great to hear, all the best John!
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Surprised I haven't seen more ZAR talk on this thread. Six points in four games (all wins for WBS), picking up right where he left off with NU.
                        On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                        If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                          Best of luck to John. Can't imagine many better people have come through college hockey, much less our small corner of it. https://t.co/UCNRzXVJcf
                          Completley agree with this. I was thinking today how likeable this team was. Just a great group of guys. Probably my favorite team since 08-09 and I'd put ZAR and Johnny up there with guys like Vitale, McNeely and Macleod. Jamieson and Pond were fan favorite depth players much like Donovan, Costa and McCauley were back in 08-09 too.

Comment

• Alex Mella (Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep) has committed to Northeastern University for 2018-2019 per Hockey Commitments.
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                              Alex Mella (Shattuck-St. Mary's Prep) has committed to Northeastern University for 2018-2019 per Hockey Commitments.
                              want to add.. good Shattuck get for NU & kid gets to play in the northeast which i believe is bit closer to home? Either way, congrats to him
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

On new recruit Alex Mella: http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...n-jerry-keefe/
                                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Working...
                                X