Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Not unexpected. Neither ever really got a shot here. Best of luck to them. Question now is who gets accelerated (un-delayed might be more accurate) to replace them.

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
      PEr Jeff Cox Barry AND Fio are leaving to pursue D3 opportunities
      This makes more sense. So the D-core who actually played remains unchanged (other than Schecter). I thought they were bad to below average at the start of the year and grew to average to slightly above average by the end of the year. Hopefully they can continue that growth to very good in 2017-2018.
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
        This makes more sense. So the D-core who actually played remains unchanged (other than Schecter). I thought they were bad to below average at the start of the year and grew to average to slightly above average by the end of the year. Hopefully they can continue that growth to very good in 2017-2018.
        Even league average/good would be acceptable for me. I think with improved goaltending, and offense staying similarly potent, the Huskies should be in good shape next season
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

There is a new commitment for the blue line

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...uskies-hockey/
          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Condolensces to the NU hockey family on the loss of Jack Grinold. I met him once, years ago. Nice man.

Comment

• RIP Jack Grinold. SID of SIDs !
              GO NU HOCKEY
              Always bullish on the future.
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I had the honor and privilege of being one of Jack's early student assistants and can vouch for the fact that it was he, more than any other, who put NU sports on the map in an era when local media coverage didn't extend much beyond Harvard Square and Chestnut Hill. Although I ultimately chose a different career path, the list of Jack's interns and student assistants who went on to make their marks in the sports media business is too long to list. Jack was one of a kind.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

All three NU alums in the NHL playoffs advance to the second round. Bitetto and the Preds will play STL, while Benning and Manson will face off as EDM plays ANA. Really looking forward to that series. I'm sure Matt and Josh will have some friendly competition going too.
                  "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                    All three NU alums in the NHL playoffs advance to the second round. Bitetto and the Preds will play STL, while Benning and Manson will face off as EDM plays ANA. Really looking forward to that series. I'm sure Matt and Josh will have some friendly competition going too.
                    ..and in continuing NHL / NU related news.. John Stevens named Head Coach of the LA Kings.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      ..and in continuing NHL / NU related news.. John Stevens named Head Coach of the LA Kings.
                      Between Jim Benning, John Stevens Sr. and Primeau and Selanne's kids coming in next year, we've had some prestigious hockey dads at NU recently. Congrats to him. Hopefully he is able to coach against his sons at the NHL level.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                        Between Jim Benning, John Stevens Sr. and Primeau and Selanne's kids coming in next year, we've had some prestigious hockey dads at NU recently. Congrats to him. Hopefully he is able to coach against his sons at the NHL level.
                        IIRC, Jim Benning is Matt's uncle but your point is still well taken. That kind of pedigree is nice to have.
                        "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                          Other NHL-related pedigrees include Jamie Armstrong (Father Bill is STL Director of Scouting), Tyler Madden (Father John played in NHL), and Tyler Spott (Father Steve is current assistant coach for San Jose, longtime OHL coach).
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

I believe I saw John Madden's name circulating around a job recently too. I'd imagine either MTU or as an assistant at Michigan.

Comment

USHL Draft is tonight. NU has 4 kids eligible, most out of all Hockey East schools, 3 F and 1 D. All four are in SBNation's Top 50 for the Draft. Will be interesting to see where they go to develop - all are 2001 birth years, so earliest they would arrive is 2019.

Jayden Struble (D) - Ranked #14
                              Robby Griffin (F) - 18
                              Dylan Jackson - 47
                              Ty Jackson - 48
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                                USHL Draft is tonight. NU has 4 kids eligible, most out of all Hockey East schools, 3 F and 1 D. All four are in SBNation's Top 50 for the Draft. Will be interesting to see where they go to develop - all are 2001 birth years, so earliest they would arrive is 2019.

Jayden Struble (D) - Ranked #14
                                Robby Griffin (F) - 18
                                Dylan Jackson - 47
                                Ty Jackson - 48

NU players that were picked:

Griffin- round 2 pick 19 to Sioux Falls
                                Struble- 3.34 to Tri-City
                                TJackson- 4.61 to Dubuque
                                DJackson- 5.75 to Fargo

Will have a blog post with more info and thoughts up tomorrow, will post here.
                                Share Share
                                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Working...
                                X