Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

New recruit out of Lawrence Academy

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...junior-bruins/
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

The NU head coaching position has finally become endowed, and appropriately named in honor of the late Ferny Flaman. Progress.

http://gonu.com/news/2017/8/28/mens-...oach-fund.aspx
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
        The NU head coaching position has finally become endowed, and appropriately named in honor of the late Ferny Flaman. Progress.

http://gonu.com/news/2017/8/28/mens-...oach-fund.aspx
        Progress is the right word. Good stuff NU!
        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

very nice NU Hockey. Fernie was a great Bruin as well.
          GO NU HOCKEY
          Always bullish on the future.
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

y'all lose to Bentley yet??
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              y'all lose to Bentley yet??
              ..ha, we working on it.. right after you get swept by Merrimack
              GO NU HOCKEY
              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                Progress is the right word. Good stuff NU!
                With the Head Coach endowment now on the "done" list, the next big thing IMO ought to be building a practice rink that could be used not only for practices but also for things like club hockey, intramurals, rentals to Wentworth and others, and even public skating. As matters now stand, Matthews is so jammed up with scheduled hockey and hoops games/practices that hockey has to go on the road to places like Everett (!) just to get practices in. Not good for recruiting.

When I become Dictator, I'll rip down the old taxi garage and put up a new building that would include both basketball and hockey practice facilities. Pipe dream, I know. But so was the endowed head coaching position.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  With the Head Coach endowment now on the "done" list, the next big thing IMO ought to be building a practice rink that could be used not only for practices but also for things like club hockey, intramurals, rentals to Wentworth and others, and even public skating. As matters now stand, Matthews is so jammed up with scheduled hockey and hoops games/practices that hockey has to go on the road to places like Everett (!) just to get practices in. Not good for recruiting.

When I become Dictator, I'll rip down the old taxi garage and put up a new building that would include both basketball and hockey practice facilities. Pipe dream, I know. But so was the endowed head coaching position.
                  No need to spend the $ to build a practice facility. Simply cut back on the rentals to outside parties like Wentworth (who kicked us off their field on Huntington and caused our Field Hockey team to relocate to Dedham), and then lock in the times when the Hockey team needs the ice. The team is the primary tenant. Week night disruptions from the hoop team cannot be helped, but can be planned for well in advance. The loss of income from rentals will be a lot less than the costs associated with a new practice facility.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                    No need to spend the $ to build a practice facility. Simply cut back on the rentals to outside parties like Wentworth (who kicked us off their field on Huntington and caused our Field Hockey team to relocate to Dedham), and then lock in the times when the Hockey team needs the ice. The team is the primary tenant. Week night disruptions from the hoop team cannot be helped, but can be planned for well in advance. The loss of income from rentals will be a lot less than the costs associated with a new practice facility.
                    ...so let's do unto Wentworth what BU is in the process of doing to Wheelock.

Comment

Stanley Cooley to NU.. did not see more info here. It was over Labor Day wknd so any input on him / yr would be appreciated.
                      I believe native of Regina, Sask?.. do not have much more, thx.
                      GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                        Stanley Cooley to NU.. did not see more info here. It was over Labor Day wknd so any input on him / yr would be appreciated.
                        Neutral Zone has him as a 4 star prospect, which implies a very solid D1 candidate. He has been highly rated at two recent showcase events . Point-per-game against very strong competition.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                          Neutral Zone has him as a 4 star prospect, which implies a very solid D1 candidate. He has been highly rated at two recent showcase events . Point-per-game against very strong competition.
                          nice, what yr is he/ when expected to come, thx.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            2020 or 2021. Been called a stud, a very good prospect.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...-madigan-2002/
                            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• NU Husky, thx always for additional info & write up.
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Another 2002 Commit http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/re...s-ross-mitton/
                                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Working...
                                X