Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
    Ryan Lambert of Yahoo Sports makes the case for ZAR's Hobey Baker. I agree with him, and he goes even further into the stats than I did.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaa-ho...194652194.html
    nice read, thank you. i liked the ending especially.
    Go Huskies
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Tage Thompson signed with the Blues. Wonder how that bodes for Nolan's chances of being signed
      "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Bump to move Asian spam off first page.

Comment

• Bump
          RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
            nice read, thank you. i liked the ending especially.
            Go Huskies
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Tage Thompson signed with the Blues. Wonder how that bodes for Nolan's chances of being signed
              What's it say when your 5th round pick is better than your 1st round pick?

My observation is that UConn is a talented team that is grossly under-coached. I noticed that he ATO'd and I'm thinking that it's to avoid the "slide"; so, I guess there is a good chance that he's going to be suiting up for the Blues...

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
                What's it say when your 5th round pick is better than your 1st round pick?

My observation is that UConn is a talented team that is grossly under-coached. I noticed that he ATO'd and I'm thinking that it's to avoid the "slide"; so, I guess there is a good chance that he's going to be suiting up for the Blues...
                Somewhat disappointing that as a first round pick didn't get to burn one year off his contract. Send on tryout to AHL and contract starts next year
                Terrific player but most goals on power play. tossup if he makes NHL next year

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                  Somewhat disappointing that as a first round pick didn't get to burn one year off his contract. Send on tryout to AHL and contract starts next year
                  Terrific player but most goals on power play. tossup if he makes NHL next year
                  He couldn't burn a year as he is 19 and won't be 20 until after 09/15/17...there's that weird *slide* codicil in the NHL Player's Agreement that extends an ELC a year if an 18 or 19 year old signs an ELC and plays 10 games...

Comment

Nolan will ne back, his dad is an NHL coach, I am sure he understands the huge jump from NCAA to NHL. Unless he is offered NHL contract, stay in school. Like her brother did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard View Post
                      Nolan will ne back, his dad is an NHL coach, I am sure he understands the huge jump from NCAA to NHL. Unless he is offered NHL contract, stay in school. Like her brother did.
                      One that worries me is Gaudette leaving.. just a hunch & hope i am wrong.
                      He would benefit great deal from another yr as well.. but i'm not in his shoes so who's to say what feelers Vancouver sends; doesnt send his way.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Northeastern gets a commit from '99 forward Aiden McDonough. Thayer Academy and Cedar Rapids affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                          Northeastern gets a commit from '99 forward Aiden McDonough. Thayer Academy and Cedar Rapids affiliate
                          And more on this, from the blog, complete with input from scouting reports/observers. He had offers from no fewer than 8 schools between the ECAC and Hockey East.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...-academy-1999/
                          "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                            One that worries me is Gaudette leaving.. just a hunch & hope i am wrong.
                            He would benefit great deal from another yr as well.. but i'm not in his shoes so who's to say what feelers Vancouver sends; doesnt send his way.
                            Vancouver had an article out that basically had the GM saying Gaudette will come back for 1 more year.

http://vancouversun.com/sports/hocke...pping-pro-plan
                            "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Gaudette I'm expecting back. Vancouver is in no rush and it isn't like he's a fully complete player, he has room to improve here.

Nolan I think is as ready as anyone on the team and comparable to ZAR, but I'm thinking he'll be back due to his injury.

Sikura is the question mark. Chicago always needs new ELC bodies, but does he want to go there and fight for a spot, and do they want such a one-way player? I don't think he can jump up and play in the top six and you can't put him in the bottom six. See also: Kevin's continued existance in San Diego rather than Anaheim.

Comment

• They'd all be wise to come back, i'm hoping.
                                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X