No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that was close.. hate 2 goal leads.. oh well, take it & regroup .. hopefully stronger finish tomorrow.
    Ruck was better than usual tonight.. as was UConn as expected.
    Go NU
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Let's remember that UConn was skating 6 on 4 when the first goal was scored. At both even strength and down one man, the D looked pretty good and RR made the stops he needed to make. Second (non-) goal was off a clusterchuck in front. If a couple of clearing shots were able to find the open UConn net, it would have been 3-0 or 4-1. Closer than I'd like but I've seen much worse.

WRT Pack Network: I usually use Edge for streaming video but when I entered my userid and password on the Pack sign-in dialog, I kept getting redirected back to the sign-in dialog. So an endless loop. Finally able to load Pack and watch the game after switching over to Chrome. I can tell you that we've been spoiled rotten by goNUxtream. Not only does it work on the browser of your choice but the camera work and technical direction is superior to what I experienced with tonight.
      Last edited by Split-N; 03-03-2017, 09:04 PM.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

It was discovered by another NU fan that the cure to the stream ills was to make sure the Adobe plugin was enabled in chrome. Once that was done, the stream worked out fine. Still wouldn't call it a production worth $10. But it was a simple fix, once we knew what to look for.
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
          It was discovered by another NU fan that the cure to the stream ills was to make sure the Adobe plugin was enabled in chrome. Once that was done, the stream worked out fine. Still wouldn't call it a production worth $10. But it was a simple fix, once we knew what to look for.
          I know a couple of cases where you have to actually go to the Adobe website to download the plugin directly. Some of the links on these streaming sites that say "Download the plugin here can be bad links or even download viruses.

Comment

The site actually didn't even say that anything was wrong, it just kept buffering. The idea struck me in the first intermission that that was probably something to check. Defeinitely worse and more expensive than any stream we get during the regular season, home or away. Besides games at Bentley, of course.

Comment

I was at the game but I remember the stream was awful against Maine last year too. Hockey East does about as well selling and marketing their product as NU has done promoting ZAR's Hobey candidacy.
              2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
              2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                The site actually didn't even say that anything was wrong, it just kept buffering. The idea struck me in the first intermission that that was probably something to check. Defeinitely worse and more expensive than any stream we get during the regular season, home or away. Besides games at Bentley, of course.
                I saw a tweet this morning claiming that Pack didn't "go live" with this particular stream until around the eight minute mark of the first period. I have no idea if this is true or just someone venting but it is generally consistent with the time I finally got live audio/video (about 9 mins) after filing a trouble ticket with Pack and trying to troubleshoot. Hopefully don't have to deal with this again tonight.

Comment

6-2 win. 3 PPG on the Evan Richardson major. 4 points for Johnny, 2 for ZAR. On to either UML or BU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmwic9kFx2c
                  "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

that's more like it! Go Huskies
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Nice Win Huskies! I was there in a very empty barn tonight mostly due to Spring Break and while we continued to showcase our tremendous offensive promise, with cycles in the offensive zone, I still have the same grave concerns I have had since October. That said, RR played pretty well this weekend. However, again there were big D lapses in transition. We won't likely get away with that v. Lowell or BU. Anyway, UConn is now 0-10 against us and that makes me happy. However, it should be noted that UCONN had the momentum when they pulled to within a goal at 3 -2 and had been out shooting and playing us hard since mid way thru the 2nd.

You take away that 5 min, major and this could have gone either way. The Blue Huskies of Storrs are big, strong and also offensively talented. Never easy to beat a team 4 times in single season, so this was an accomplishment. I will say it was hard fought playoff hockey and was a great game to watch. Trying to go next week. Cheers! If we win 20 games I will consider it a fairly incredible accomplishment because to this point since no NU hockey team has ever done that in back to back seasons!
                      Last edited by RossiRules; 03-04-2017, 10:27 PM.

Comment

NU is now +30 in special teams net on the year. That's the highest special teams net by a Hockey East team since 06-07 Maine who was a +32. Very impressive, especially considering HE has had 5 National Champions in that time period.
                        2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                        2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

You guys want uml or bu?

Comment

Originally posted by j.d. View Post
                            you guys want uml or bu?
                            bu

Comment

Definitely BU. No interest in playing Lowell, their offense is as good as ours. BU is very good defensively but I think we can score regardless with our front-end talent. Lowell puts 4-5 a night on this team without question.
                              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Probably UML. With the exception of the clunker at Matthews last month, NU has matched up well against UML the last couple of years. OTOH, UML would not lack for motivation given the memory of last year's championship game.

In playoff hockey, it all comes down to goaltending. Wall and Oettinger have been top-shelf for the most part. Ruck has notoriously struggled but has rebounded somewhat lately. If he's found his "A" game, NU's firepower could be a decisive factor.

Comment

Working...
                                X