Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

One thing I wanna comment on from yesterday was Eric Williams. I thought he played very well in his own end. He's never going to be the fleetest of foot when skating backwards or guarding the dump and chase, but at least twice he made stellar plays sprawling out to deny a 2on1 or a cross crease pass. One time it looked like Byron was gonna have an easy breakaway, Williams jumped off the bench, got between two Maine players, and sprawled to pole it off Byron'a stick. Davies made a similar play too. Very good plays by the youngsters.

Obviously ZAR/Gaudette will get the headlines, but the other boys deserve some publicity too for the stuff that doesn't appear on the scoresheet. The 4th line did well cycling the puck and keeping it deep again. PK was perfect. Cecere made a great play batting the puck out during a late penalty kill. Ruck, frustrating as he is, made some HUGE stops in the third period, right on the doorstep, that could have (should have?) spelled doom for the Huskies. He may be Jekyll and Hyde in the crease, but he stood tall at some big spots.
    "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Great article on ZAR, his development, and pro potential

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._prove_hes.php
      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

No recognition for the NU seniors playing in their last regular season game. Real classy Maine.
        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
          No recognition for the NU seniors playing in their last regular season game. Real classy Maine.
          Are you serious?
          BS UMass Lowell 2015
          PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

I've been watching college hockey since the 80s, never seen opposing seniors get mentioned anywhere ever
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I've been watching college hockey since the 80s, never seen opposing seniors get mentioned anywhere ever
              It's a new trend this year -- never heard it before.
              https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
              Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Northeastern did, in fact, acknowledge the UConn seniors during last weekend's Senior Night at Matthews.
                "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                  Northeastern did, in fact, acknowledge the UConn seniors during last weekend's Senior Night at Matthews.
                  +1
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Not sure what else the Huskies could do to try and lose this game. This is awful
                    "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

They let up 9 goals against a team averaging 2.91 per game. Today we gave up powerplay goals, shorthanded penalty shots, tipped goals, it was awful. The defense sucked, straight up. Everything that went well yesterday, it wasn't there today on D.

ZAR held pointless. Wonder when the last time that happened. Nolan has a great day both in points and overall play. Our best player today. Pond with a goal, which was great. Davies as well.

If the score holds we host UConn which, is ideal. So that's the one good thing coming out of this loss.
                      "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Not sure what else the Huskies could do to try and lose this game. This is awful
                        Try letting in 5 goals on just 24 shots. SMH
                        These are good times to be a Husky Dawg!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilldog40 View Post
                          Try letting in 5 goals on just 24 shots. SMH
                          It's hard for me to fathom how bad your backup goalie must be.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Ruck could have layed down and went to sleep in the crease and he would have had a better chance of stopping that penalty shot. Made me really glad Hockey East doesn't go to a shootout.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              we wouldn't know, he's seen action in two games, totaling about 60 minutes of action. In that time he had a .935 SV%, including shutting out Notre Dame in 2 periods before the game was called due to a zamboni malfunction. Many people, myself included, have been clamoring for him to get more time this year. Unfortunately it's too late. At least we are ~7 months from Primeau getting to campus
                              "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Glad we're playing UCONN, we've never lost to them and now they have to beat us twice in three games.

I don't remember, does HE re-seed? I know first things first with UCONN next weekend, but beating Lowell in a road 2 out of 3 is tall task.
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X