Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
    From where I sat, a couple of his teammates seemed hellbent on making sure that he never had the puck...especially on the power play...

Besides the obvious Ruck issue, selfish hockey was fully on display...it was disgusting..
    that's too bad. if true, is going to kill us in the playoffs if Coaches do not address it & soon this week.

selfish hockey is bad hockey. Win as a team.. don't sweat the small stuff!

Go NU
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      BC has acknowledged the opposing team's seniors over the last several years, but BC didn't have senior night this past Thursday, so I guess they're going to do it in the first round of the playoffs (Sat. or Sunday)? UML had senior night Friday at Lowell. BC seniors were not acknowledged. Personally, I could care less either way. I'm just into 'drop the puck... let's get on with it.'

Next year there will not be a senior night at BC. There won't be any on the roster.
      Since BC's final game was on a Thursday night they acknowledged their senior the weekend before against UVM.
      http://www.bcinterruption.com/2017/2...-class-of-2017

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        Since BC's final game was on a Thursday night they acknowledged their senior the weekend before against UVM.
        http://www.bcinterruption.com/2017/2...-class-of-2017
        Thanks. Was not aware as I was away.
        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
          Union now put out a highlight video for their boys. NU has put out stats/gifs with stats, but still...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtwXQa2werQ
          Nice job by Union. The cut-ins to Shane Gostisbehere and the academic professor were very effective touches that are sure to strike chords with the Hobey powers that be. NU may need to up its game.
          "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

From where I sat, a couple of his teammates seemed hellbent on making sure that he never had the puck...especially on the power play...

Besides the obvious Ruck issue, selfish hockey was fully on display...it was disgusting...

BTW, the fact that, again, a coach cannot figure out how to have his top line together at the end of a PP or PK reared its ugly head...
            What are you talking about?? Are you saying the kids don't like ZAR?

Comment

Besides the obvious Ruck issue, selfish hockey was fully on display...it was disgusting...

BTW, the fact that, again, a coach cannot figure out how to have his top
              line together at the end of a PP or PK reared its ugly head...
              Gr8sk8m8
              Have you lost your bloody mind, or are you trying to reach new heights of nastiness? Is it your opinion that John Stevens, who is Zack's close friend and roommate held back from passing the puck to him in scoring situations???
              Why? Do you think he's jealous of all of the publicity Zack has earned? Do you believe that John wanted to make sure that we play UConn in the hexadecimal round next week? We'll just add that to the lengthy list of stupid comments you have bestowed on the NU faithful who read and contribute to this thread.
              At this point, I am inclined to ignore anything you post. I certainly don't believe your story about your having played for a CIS program in Canada before coming to NU for law school. Nor do I believe that you are a semi-retired lawyer from Brookline. I don't believe, as you implied, that you were in Orono last night, nor does Roby have any recollection of having a conversation with you at the UConn game.
              You really impressed me and other more knowledgeable readers earlier this week when you claimed to have been scouting Zack for "Mouncton", which is actually spelled Moncton. You delivered the coup de grace by stating that you were "still puzzled how a NY kid was drafted into the OHL".
              Even the worst tier 1 Canadian scout would have known the "Q" cannot draft athletes who are residents of NY State. That is the OHL's territory. The Q can draft athletes from the New England states, while the OHL may not.
              So, why were you scouting some kid you couldn't draft long before he committed to Brown and then to Northeastern? The answer is: You weren't. You dreamed you were!!!

It seems like every year we have some moron who pollutes the Northeastern thread to advance his own unfathomable agenda? You appear to have some contact close to the team who tells you things that perhaps he shouldn't. Then you compound the leak by posting here. Some real fan and supporter of the program would have the good sense to keep that information to himself. Impressive!
              If you want to impress people with how much you know and can leak, head to Washington, but leave your agenda behind if you want to post here!!

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                Gr8sk8m8
                Have you lost your bloody mind, or are you trying to reach new heights of nastiness? Is it your opinion that John Stevens, who is Zack's close friend and roommate held back from passing the puck to him in scoring situations???
                Oh my Lord...would you folks settle down...I was making the observation that selfish play was on display Saturday night...the team concept wasn't embraced...especially on the power play...there were some very obvious looks that were missed to take low percentage *shots* that were often blocked...and, no, was not referring to anyone on that line...was referring to the PP...

No one was purposely holding the puck back from anyone - at least, I hope not...

Even the worst tier 1 Canadian scout would have known the "Q" cannot draft athletes who are residents of NY State.

Not surprisingly, your misunderstood that comment too...let me draw a line for you...Soo...Mouncton...NJ Rockets...what do they all have in common? I'll bet my bottom dollar that you are pitifully unaware of that commonality yet felt compelled to go off on your little snit anyway...

As for what you believe or don't believe...or what you claim Mr. Roby remembers from a 15 second exchange...I couldn't care less...

PS: In like vein of being a pedantic snot...it's...Z A C H...not Zack...

http://www.gonu.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3718

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=98068
                Last edited by Gr8Sk8M8; 02-27-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
                  What are you talking about?? Are you saying the kids don't like ZAR?
                  No...I'm saying that some "kids" forgot about the team concept of the game...

Comment

...Soo...Mouncton...
                    Moncton
                    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                      Moncton
                      You folks are hilarious...

Comment

You folks are hilarious...
                        ..its you "foulks"..
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                          ..its you "foulks"..
                          You soure?

Comment

Is Jozefek definitely done for the year? If so, any chance he can medically redshirt?
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

I haven't heard anything since the day he went out, but consiering he's likely concussed along with his concussion history, I don't think it's likely we'll be seeing him.

As far as medically redshirting, he doesn't meet the requirements to be granted one, but he could always appeal for one if that's what he and the team want to do. Barry and Hedges were also eligible to do so for last season and either didn't apply or didn't receive one.
                              Last edited by TheRevengeance; 02-27-2017, 04:27 PM.

Comment

New commitment. 2002 forward Chase Bradley. Plays for the New Jersey Colonials U14 team. Originally from Missouri. Very little information on him out there. Will post what I find. 2020 arrival at the earliest.
                                Last edited by NU_Husky; 02-28-2017, 08:19 AM.
                                "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X