Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies 2016-17 Part II: Postseason Edition

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    If this is true, the AD at Maine must know this. What's holding them back from letting Red go and stealing Monty? Money? Seems like a no brainer, no?
    Firing Red would be like moving Bangor to Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by nu_husky View Post
      any guesses as to who gets letters on their jerseys next season? Banquet on thursday

my non-educated very much shot-in-the-dark guesses: Nolan gets the c, gaudette/sikura/cockerill get the as.
      be eye en gee oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Sk8M8 View Post
        Firing Red would be like moving Bangor to Vermont.
        What does this mean?
        BS UMass Lowell 2015
        PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Recruit Zach Solow Named USHL Forward of the Year.

Comment

• certainly the playmaker.. thx for passing along.
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

News roundup - http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/20...on-hockey-ohl/
              "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Nolan gets the C, Gaudette, Sikura and Cockerill get A's. It's basically been known for a while, but all 3 flight risks are officially coming back. Great off-season for NU.
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  Nolan gets the C, Gaudette, Sikura and Cockerill get A's. It's basically been known for a while, but all 3 flight risks are officially coming back. Great off-season for NU.
                  that is great to hear.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Captain- Nolan Stevens

Assistants- Gaudette, Cockerill, Sikura.

Was told that Kurker was the only signed player who was in attendance. John and ZAR I believe had games today. Kurker, being in Albany, just clinched a playoff berth so maybe he had some leeway.

Was told that Jon Barry and Eric Williams were not in attendance...can anyone who went confirm or deny that? Seems suspicious to miss the banquet. Adding suspicion is that apparently Madigan announced the expected recruiting class has 5 forwards, 2 defensemen, and a goalie. I knew the 5 and 1 but was under the impression there was only 1 D coming in (Solomon). So someone would be coming in, meaning someone is likely on the way out. Wonder who that could be, if anyone?
                    "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Random notes, although you could probably gather most of it from the recap the team put out.

ZAR was leading scorer (obviously) and MVP. Gaudette won most exciting player and Sikura most improved, so it seems like the team made sure all of the "big three" got their moment.

J. Stevens won the Coach's Award. He was called one of the best captains in NU history and it's hard to disagree.

Shea and Davies split rookie of the year for their work coming in and each jumping right into the top pairing at various times.

Jamieson won Unsung Hero. I was honestly thinking it would go to Cecere or Schechter, but he's certainly earned it as a lifetime achievement award. Everybody around the team loves him for a reason.

The captains have already been mentioned above, which should mean everyone is back. Not that that stopped Smatz or Karlsson. (Looking back, it's hard to believe we gave Smatz a letter)

Only person I can think of that was really snubbed was Filipe. Nolan was too, but when you miss 4 months that tends to happen. In Matty's case, it's more just bad luck as he came in with a good freshman class, a trend that will hopefully keep going year in and year out.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                        The captains have already been mentioned above, which should mean everyone is back. Not that that stopped Smatz or Karlsson. (Looking back, it's hard to believe we gave Smatz a letter)
                        This was done simply to pat him on the rear and say "don't worry you are special too." His two Dubuque teammates got letters, and I guess he was gonna be grumpy and salty, so the coaches gave him one as well. From what I was told, it was not a unanimous decision among the coaches. Whoever had second thoughts should have gone with his gut.

Anyway, that's in the past. John was easily one of the best captains in NU history, and I'm glad Nolan is back. Offense should be great again, hopefully keeping all the D together two years in a row will help it improve. I'm looking for Davies and Williams to get better defensively this offseason, and Shea to continue his growth. Really feel Shea can be a lockdown-type defenseman next season.
                        "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

• Great points all. Filipe will get a letter soon enough. Long as he continues to mature his gm & also mentally.. rest will come along no doubt.
                          GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

• Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                            I'm looking for Davies and Williams to get better defensively this offseason, and Shea to continue his growth. Really feel Shea can be a lockdown-type defenseman next season.
                            I inferred from your last post that Williams could potentially not back. Were you talking more about Barry? Also, I agree a thousand percent with Shea, he's going to be special.
                            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                              ...Was told that Jon Barry and Eric Williams were not in attendance...
                              I was always puzzled by Barry's lack of playing time considering his size and the fact that he was regarded in some quarters as something of a stud.
                              "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

PEr Jeff Cox Barry AND Fio are leaving to pursue D3 opportunities
                                "Never tell me the odds"

Comment

Working...
                                X