Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    The Nation's most incompetent mass (mess) transit agency strikes again!!

http://wtop.com/tracking-metro-24-7/...s-near-tracks/
    Does anybody doubt that eventually it will turn out that 97% of the Metro O&M budget has been embezzled?
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

NC legislators file bill to have state schools leave the ACC if they boycott NC again: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/pol...&ICID=ref_fark

My favorite part:

“None of the other conferences took this radical approach that the ACC did.”
      Remind me which other major conferences have NC schools, dip****?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        NC legislators file bill to have state schools leave the ACC if they boycott NC again: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/pol...&ICID=ref_fark

My favorite part:

Remind me which other major conferences have NC schools, dip****?
        So, they missed the part where "everybody" boycotted North Carolina?

North Carolina had a shot to be a great place to live. Now it's just another southern cesspool.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Well seeing as their state school (UNC) propagated the largest academic fraud in NCAA history (so bad that even if the NCAA ignores it they still could lose their accreditation) I am sure the ACC is praying they leave.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            So, they missed the part where "everybody" boycotted North Carolina?

North Carolina had a shot to be a great place to live. Now it's just another southern cesspool.
            And were they not paying attention when the NCAA said "not until you repeal HB2?"
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

As long as RTP keeps growing NC will become a great place. Graduates from tier 1 northeastern schools keep pouring in and the Andy Griffith yokels keep dying of lung cancer. Demographics is destiny.

NC is following the VA trajectory. There will be bumps and brief retrograde periods, but most people choose pocketbook over ideology so they will inexorably move center-left over time.
              Last edited by Kepler; 04-13-2017, 05:28 AM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                As long as RTP keeps growing NC will become a great place. Graduates from tier 1 northeastern schools keep pouring in and the Andy Griffith yokels keep dying of lung cancer. Demographics is destiny.

NC is following the VA trajectory. There will be bumps and brief retrograde periods, but most people choose pocketbook over ideology so they will inexorably move center-left over time.
                Pride goeth before the fall. One would think that the last election taught your side some humility. Your side is not perfect and posesses all the correct answers.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Pride goeth before the fall. One would think that the last election taught your side some humility. Your side is not perfect and posesses all the correct answers.
                  Pride has nothing to do with it. We're talking about policy outcomes. If you want somebody to cuddle with when talking about the consequences of economic and environmental malfeasance, see somebody else.

Under normal circumstances each party would be bringing something to the table -- that's how the 2-party system works. These are not normal circumstances. The GOP is such a disgusting cesspool they bring nothing but destruction and suffering right now. You are defending -- even voting for -- the indefensible, perhaps because they are able to press your buttons culturally. That's how Very Bad People get Good People to do their bidding.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Pride has nothing to do with it. We're talking about policy outcomes. If you want somebody to cuddle with when talking about the consequences of economic and environmental malfeasance, see somebody else.

Under normal circumstances each party would be bringing something to the table -- that's how the 2-party system works. These are not normal circumstances. The GOP is such a disgusting cesspool they bring nothing but destruction and suffering right now. You are defending -- even voting for -- the indefensible, perhaps because they are able to press your buttons culturally. That's how Very Bad People get Good People to do their bidding.
                    Yep. If you want your buttons pressed then the party to vote for is the Republicans. The Democrats don't do that. This fits into the "stupid" discussion in the other thread and how the parties try to manipulate the electorate. The GOP manipulates the electorate successfully. The Democrats try to appeal to someone's sense of fairness and decency which fails every time.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      I agree.

Comment

Yep. If you want your buttons pressed then the party to vote for is the Republicans. The Democrats don't do that. This fits into the "stupid" discussion in the other thread and how the parties try to manipulate the electorate. The GOP manipulates the electorate successfully. The Democrats try to appeal to someone's sense of fairness and decency which fails every time.
                        Well it doesnt fail...I mean if you tally up the voters it does quite well. The problem is the system is rigged because of Gerrymandering.

And no the GOP arent the only ones who do it, the practice has been around forever but right now they are taking advantage of it to the point that it is like playing poker against a stacked deck.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Speaking of the tenth. If you want to see an absolute takedown of an NRA sycophant, get the podcast episode from, I believe, Monday's episode of Steele and Unger. It was awesome.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Well it doesnt fail...I mean if you tally up the voters it does quite well. The problem is the system is rigged because of Gerrymandering.

And no the GOP arent the only ones who do it, the practice has been around forever but right now they are taking advantage of it to the point that it is like playing poker against a stacked deck.
                            The current gerrymander situation is part of the failure. You don't get that power by accident.

Comment

The derp runs deep.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                The derp runs deep.
                                You gotta love it...

Hey if they want to leave they can go right ahead. Trust me I wont stop them.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X