Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Gilespie will win. He will cement the narrative for GOP victories in 2018 and 2020. This is the same trend line that brought us Trump and it isn't done moving up yet.
    It's possible. VA is getting more educated every day, but there is also a virulent racist backlash in the southern and western part of the state against Latinos, blacks, and basically everybody who isn't Derpy Dave.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      It's possible. VA is getting more educated every day, but there is a virulent racist backlash in the southern and western part of the state against Latinos, blacks, and basically everybody who isn't Derpy Dave.
      It was interesting listening to conservatives talk about the Gillespie campaign this morning. They couldn't believe what he had stooped to to win. And, this is an exact reflection of the Republican party and where it is at right now. And it won't stop until they get their way. Just look at what's in the tax bill. This isn't just about the 1% and their money. It's something more evil and more sinister at work.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

NJ water issues.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...system_sa.html
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

So is MS-13 the new dog whistle that's replaced thug rappers or bloods/crips as the boogeymen for white flight America or something?

I've heard of them before, but mainly in LA. How did they become a talking point in Virginia and elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            So is MS-13 the new dog whistle that's replaced thug rappers or bloods/crips as the boogeymen for white flight America or something?

I've heard of them before, but mainly in LA. How did they become a talking point in Virginia and elsewhere?
            Yes. It's the latest boogeyman.

In rough order, we've had: Papists, the Irish, Jews, secret societies, Anarchists, swarthy Mediterraneans, Communists, predatory homosexuals, Black Panthers, druggies, satanic cults, ravers, rappers, gay weddings, feminazis, Ebola-infected immigrants, Mooslims, Hillary, and now MS-13.

And through it all, naturally, intellectuals.

As you can see, every one of them was a lethal threat to the Republic.
            Last edited by Kepler; 11-07-2017, 08:52 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Neglect. Amazing how this continues to happen.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

They're all over the DC suburbs - even in the HS. They're not the Boy Scouts.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  They're all over the DC suburbs - even in the HS. They're not the Boy Scouts.
                  I'm not saying they're the boy scouts, but I have trouble believing they're all over suburbia and in all the high schools. It strikes me as yet another form of GOP fear mongering.

Like when Fox News stoked everyone's fear about the "knock out game." As though every teenage passerby was a threat to randomly punch you
                  Last edited by unofan; 11-07-2017, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I'm not saying they're the boy scouts, but I have trouble believing they're all over suburbia and in all the high schools. It strikes me as yet another form of GOP fear mongering.
                    It's really good for local law enforcement budgets and it's been deployed as justification for them keeping their military equipment.

It also happens to fit snugly into the OH NOES EEMEEGRANTS!!! that the right uses to get whitey scared of brownie. Derpy Dave sees Gillespie's ads and then every time he sees a Salvadoran church or a Mexican or an empanada at Costco his amygdala cranks out THE FEAR.

And that's how you play pin the racism on the out group.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Like when Fox News stoked everyone's fear about the "knock out game." As though every teenage passerby was a threat to randomly punch you
                      How dare you! I am in fear every day of the New Black Panther Party!!!
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Come visit. Stay at Kep's house and believe.

------------

Can a state impose a higher gas tax on out of state travelers? The mechanics are difficult, but if legal, is it worth the hassle?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

It is, they're basically like any other gang/cartel.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Come visit. Stay at Kep's house and believe.
                            I lived in Baltimore for a year (ok, technically Towson). I'll pass, thank you.

I also went to high school at a magnet school in the African American quarter of Omaha, this was at the tail end of the Bloods/crips scare in the late 90s. If I had a dime for every time the media hyperventilated about something that went on at my high school that would've been blown off as "boys will be boys" at the lily white Catholic school, I'd be a millionaire.

Comment

Classy to the end.
                              Cornell University

Comment

You mean like claiming there are over 2000 in Fairfax County, when federal estimates say that there are only about 1200 in the entire DC metro area, is trying to drive people into fear? We need to get rid of all the sanctuary cities that VA doesn't and has never had!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X