Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I had to read it to be sure. You don't have to register unless you're carrying. So, this guy is mad you have to have a conceal and carry permit. Great. Let's just not do that either. Then everyone can carry a gun with them at all times. Good plan.
    It's a stunt. He's mad that they postponed discussion on removing the need for a permit to carry after the Vegas shooting...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

As one person said, "It's supposed to."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...strict_pu.html
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        As one person said, "It's supposed to."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...strict_pu.html
        Better put I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings on the blacklist, too.

And The Outsiders, because that talks about icky white classism.

Comment

So here is a question for people from Minnesota. This state has had for a number of years a law that can result in a permanent restriction being placed on your drivers license prohibiting all consumption of alcohol or drugs (without a prescription). I think it's something people refer to as the "B card."

On Saturday I was in St. Paul and attempted to buy a beer at a local tavern. The bartender asked to see my license. He didn't even bother to look at my birth date (which would have been silly since I've been legal to drink in Minnesota for nearly 40 years and no one mistakes me for 20), but instead turned it over and checked out the back of the license where the restrictions are noted.

Is there a new requirement now in Minnesota that bars and restaurants not serve to B card license holders, thus obligating bars and restaurants to check everyone's license, or is this just unique to this establishment? I've heard nothing, but one of the guys I was with said that he has some server friends who recently had to go through some training for just that.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            So here is a question for people from Minnesota. This state has had for a number of years a law that can result in a permanent restriction being placed on your drivers license prohibiting all consumption of alcohol or drugs (without a prescription). I think it's something people refer to as the "B card."

On Saturday I was in St. Paul and attempted to buy a beer at a local tavern. The bartender asked to see my license. He didn't even bother to look at my birth date (which would have been silly since I've been legal to drink in Minnesota for nearly 40 years and no one mistakes me for 20), but instead turned it over and checked out the back of the license where the restrictions are noted.

Is there a new requirement now in Minnesota that bars and restaurants not serve to B card license holders, thus obligating bars and restaurants to check everyone's license, or is this just unique to this establishment? I've heard nothing, but one of the guys I was with said that he has some server friends who recently had to go through some training for just that.
            I worked at a liquor store in MN a few years ago and we always checked for any restrictions on the license...don't think I ever saw one though.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I am a bartender in Minnesota (I get re-certified every year) and no there is no requirement that we check for the restrictions. Also, the B card doesnt prevent you from drinking, it is a zero tolerance policy for driving. We can choose not to serve a restricted person but there is no law stopping us from doing it. If that person is caught though and blows .01 they are in deep crap though and dram shop puts us at risk. Many restaurants wont risk that...also, just an FYI but the easiest way to spot a fake (not just about age but maybe your license is revoked and you fake one) is to check the back.

This is not something new, the restrictions and their consequences date back as long as I have been bartending. With the Super Bowl coming though there is high anxiety over being stung and stiffer penalties if you over-serve or serve someone you maybe shouldnt. Many places are going to be stringent for the next few months.

What is a B Card
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Also, the B card doesnt prevent you from drinking, it is a zero tolerance policy for driving.
                It prevents you from drinking if you want to keep your license.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

It prevents you from drinking if you want to keep your license.
                  Technically yes but just having a drink with one isnt going to get it pulled. (trust me otherwise every bar would check and kick you out before you get through the door) If you are walking down the street a cop isnt going to pull your license cause you had a drink. I know people who have had restrictions and I am trained to deal with this stuff believe me when I tell you that.

Go back to the link I gave you...in reality the only part that matters (and this is told to us yearly by a rep of the state) is "violation of the B-card restriction is not actually considered a crime unless there is a motor vehicle involved." So if say I have a restriction and I get drunk yes they can pull my license but I havent actually committed any crime. As such without some real reason to do so nothing ever comes of it. As long as said drinker is being responsible about his drunken activities he will be fine. Otherwise cops would tell every bar to write down all the patrons they see with restrictions and save the receipts. Easiest revocation ever. They dont do that. Hell at a bar I worked at the cops knew all the people with restrictions and never did a ****ed thing...unless they caused a problem.

As a point of fact in the 14 years I have checked IDs I can count on one hand the amount of restrictions I have seen. 3 DWIs in the Cities is not very common. Even those that get multiples usually opt for some other method (like breathalyzer locks on the car) to ensure they dont drive drunk. Sad thing is the amount of DWI clipped IDs I see (which means it is within days) is pretty high in comparison. If I got a DWI (never did but got close...just stupid) I would not be drinking in public for a while.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Technically yes but just having a drink with one isnt going to get it pulled. (trust me otherwise every bar would check and kick you out before you get through the door) If you are walking down the street a cop isnt going to pull your license cause you had a drink. I know people who have had restrictions and I am trained to deal with this stuff believe me when I tell you that.

Go back to the link I gave you...in reality the only part that matters (and this is told to us yearly by a rep of the state) is "violation of the B-card restriction is not actually considered a crime unless there is a motor vehicle involved." So if say I have a restriction and I get drunk yes they can pull my license but I havent actually committed any crime. As such without some real reason to do so nothing ever comes of it. As long as said drinker is being responsible about his drunken activities he will be fine. Otherwise cops would tell every bar to write down all the patrons they see with restrictions and save the receipts. Easiest revocation ever. They dont do that. Hell at a bar I worked at the cops knew all the people with restrictions and never did a ****ed thing...unless they caused a problem.

As a point of fact in the 14 years I have checked IDs I can count on one hand the amount of restrictions I have seen. 3 DWIs in the Cities is not very common. Even those that get multiples usually opt for some other method (like breathalyzer locks on the car) to ensure they dont drive drunk. Sad thing is the amount of DWI clipped IDs I see (which means it is within days) is pretty high in comparison. If I got a DWI (never did but got close...just stupid) I would not be drinking in public for a while.
                    Where did I say anything about it being a crime? I was just curious if bars were supposed to start checking for this because the guy who carded me clearly was.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Where did I say anything about it being a crime? I was just curious if bars were supposed to start checking for this because the guy who carded me clearly was.
                      Possible they recently got burned.

Comment

And I answered it for you. (the answer is there is nothing mandated that they have to anymore now than they did before)
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah, handy answered the question. More completely than most questions get answered.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

When the RNC goes low, the Virginia GOP goes lower.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              When the RNC goes low, the Virginia GOP goes lower.
                              And when they go low, we go high. And lose.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                And when they go low, we go high. And lose.
                                We didn't lose because we went high. We lost due to circumstances which will not be repeated in 2020.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X