Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    George Steinbrenner was Vince McMahon before Vince McMahon was Vince McMahon.
    But George had the business sense to die in the year when the estate tax was 0.0000%.

Of course, his heirs inherited his basis so when they sell, there will be (well may be) a whopper of a capital gains tax.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Don't tell me Minnesota can't go red. Look at these two maps...

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1633303

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1633301

This should concern not just Minnesotans, but every liberal. These are the pragmatic blue state DFLers that shifted heavily red.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

This should concern not just Minnesotans, but every liberal. These are the pragmatic blue state DFLers that shifted heavily red.
        It's a concern if Trump actually brings back those mining jobs(or slaves, if we're talking MN2) like he promised. I'll take my chances.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          It's a concern if Trump actually brings back those mining jobs(or slaves, if we're talking MN2) like he promised. I'll take my chances.
          The Range went Blue, right? IIRC is was deep Blue not a light Blue, too.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Yeah, but on empty promises. The only question is how those voters react when it becomes obvious that Trump was just talking out of his as-s. They may just fall for the next Republican who lies to them. I have always said I want the Democratic candidates to go into dead industry areas and yell "I will do everything in my power to get your jobs back!" That's not a lie, because there is literally NOTHING anybody can do. But it beats Democrats suggesting that they switch to growing Belgian endives.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Exhibit A right here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/27/o...-ink.html?_r=0

Despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary voters and Republicans still believe the myth. The myth is destroying Kansas and Paul Ryan is working hard to bring it to the entire Country.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                The Range went Blue, right? IIRC is was deep Blue not a light Blue, too.
                You may recall that, but that's because you're an ill-informed moron. Literally all you had to do was click on the link given.

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

You may recall that, but that's because you're an ill-informed moron. Literally all you had to do was click on the link given.
                  Gawd, sorry buddy, but I'm inbetween visits to watch my father in law die a slow death. Guess I put another thread on the avoid list.

People like you are the reason threads become echo chambers of the left.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Minnesota will allow Sunday liquor sales starting in July. Imagine that, the Super Bowl coming in 12 months, and Sunday liquor sales in 5 months. Coincidence?

http://www.startribune.com/mn-senate...s/414885874/#1

The state Senate voted Monday to let Minnesota liquor stores open on Sundays, giving opponents of a Sunday sales ban the victory they need to finally undo a 159-year-old, increasingly unpopular state law.

"We've been hearing loud and clear from our constituents that it's time to get this done," said Sen. Jeremy Miller, R-Winona, chief author of the measure, which passed 38-28. "Today we have an opportunity to show Minnesota we're with the people."

Differences between the Senate measure and a companion bill the House passed last week mean a few more steps in the legislative process before supporters can celebrate with the cocktail of their choice. But the Senate was seen as the steepest climb for the ban's opponents, and Gov. Mark Dayton's promise to let the repeal become law means liquor stores in the state are likely to be able to start featuring Sunday hours come July.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

It's been coming for years. It's like a HOF vote in baseball. Eventually going to get to 75% with a lot of them, but this wasn't a first-ballot bill.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It's been coming for years. It's like a HOF vote in baseball. Eventually going to get to 75% with a lot of them, but this wasn't a first-ballot bill.
                        Yes, it was inevitable. It just strikes me as odd that repealing the ban of Sunday sales comes just before we're set to host the Super Bowl.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          Yes, it was inevitable. It just strikes me as odd that repealing the ban of Sunday sales comes just before we're set to host the Super Bowl.
                          It would have passed with or without (not that you're saying it wouldn't have).
                          Code:

Comment

Remember that Iowa senator who proposed forcing all Iowa professors to state whether they were Democrat or Republican and capping the amount of each that could be hired, because of his experience with "liberal professors"?

Turns out he got his degree from a Sizzler.

Comment

Once beer makers figured out how to start charging $20 for a bottle of beer and the law became a mild annoyance to affluent white people, it was all over but the shouting.

Comment

Remember that Iowa senator who proposed forcing all Iowa professors to state whether they were Democrat or Republican and capping the amount of each that could be hired, because of his experience with "liberal professors"?

Turns out he got his degree from a Sizzler.
                                It really shouldn't surprise me, but...

I apparently have much higher self morals than current politicians. Good fu**ing Lord, how in the Hell are these anthropomorphic milk bags being elected?!?
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X