Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Honestly, it would probably raise the property value in the right area and depending on how it was developed. Cripes, a nice solar farm in a city as liberal as San Fran (not actually in San Fran) with the right design would be a desirable installation.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Honestly, it would probably raise the property value in the right area and depending on how it was developed. Cripes, a nice solar farm in a city as liberal as San Fran (not actually in San Fran) with the right design would be a desirable installation.
      Wouldn't it also lower property taxes?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        If their personal preference was that strong, then they were dumb to buy land that backed up to property zoned for that purpose, is the point.
        Well, if the image you posted is the correct location, it looks like the grassy hill is zoned "FR Farm Residence" according to this map provided by the City of Blaine.

According to Blaine's zoning ordinance, this is what you should expect from property zoned in that fashion, which doesn't necessarily tell a reader they should expect acres of solar panels.

Seems to me that if your personal preference leaned towards larger lot sizes in a more rural setting, this might be precisely where you would look to buy.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          Well, if the image you posted is the correct location, it looks like the grassy hill is zoned "FR Farm Residence" according to this map provided by the City of Blaine.

According to Blaine's zoning ordinance, this is what you should expect from property zoned in that fashion, which doesn't necessarily tell a reader they should expect acres of solar panels.

Seems to me that if your personal preference leaned towards larger lot sizes in a more rural setting, this might be precisely where you would look to buy.
          It's a solar farm. Sounds legit to me. Also, there isn't a parcel of land in Blaine that could be considered rural. Not since the farm on London Street more or less shut down and the wide open field there was filled in.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Exactly. My dad works for usps and he handles a lot of mail sent to Michelle’s pac, and he said the words written on the envelopes scare him. Drawings of guns, slurs, etc on the outside of the envelope.
            I know some very nice people in Blaine, but a lot of uneducated, hunting/fishing is my life extremists who think anyone with a college degree or higher is evil.
            I have a buddy (I guess we haven’t talked in a while after I stopped playing on that hockey team) from Blaine who I just can’t talk politics with, the type who would probably equate BLM to far right extremist groups etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
              I guess a town with an 8-sheet rink can't be all bad, though it's not exactly a cultural gem. Good for parents at hockey tournaments, though.
              I’m still amazed they have the massive soccer complex there. All those people out there practicing their commie plots...
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                I have a buddy (I guess we haven’t talked in a while after I stopped playing on that hockey team) from Blaine who I just can’t talk politics with, the type who would probably equate BLM to far right extremist groups etc.
                I have a gun nut coworker who sincerely believes BLM arranges the killing of black people and then frames white police for it.

He also believes that while slavery was very bad blacks were happier under slavery because they had, and this is a direct quote, "structure."

He relates everything in geopolitics back to his youth when he was a wild runaround hell-raiser who did a lot of seriously f-cked up (borderline criminal) stuff, and then he found fundamentalist Christianity and settled down, so that proves that everybody who isn't a rock ribbed conservative is just fooling themselves when they think they are "free" because they're all just slaves to their passions. So, as an atheist, I literally cannot see truth since I haven't accepted that Jesus is God. Not just religious truth but any truth, like, he's surprised I can do math and assumes that's just God working through me to try to send me a message.

It's a common delusion in Fundyworld but he takes it to an extreme I haven't seen very much of up close. It's also really interesting to see how very narrow sexual and substance abuse issues in his autobiography are his explanation for everything, from Congress to the Space Program. It's like Stupid Freud.
                Last edited by Kepler; 12-08-2017, 10:27 AM.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  I’m still amazed they have the massive soccer complex there. All those people out there practicing their commie plots...
                  (This isn't just directed at Jimmy, so much as the whole discussion)

First off, the Blaine hillbilly stuff is ridiculous. It's as suburban sprawly as you can get. I think that's just something people in the lovely ArmstrongCooperDraperPryce district say in the bathtub to soothe themselves between gun shots.

Anyway, I feel like you guys are mixing up your strains of conservatism. There's just a lot of middle/upper-middle class white people in Blaine, which as a group, is always going to be very conservative, because really, why would you want things to change? I also think the area skews a bit older, which make it more conservative.

The hardcore fundamentalist stuff doesn't really play (as much) here as it does in other areas. Even the suburban megachurches are more the refuge of failed theater dropouts than true crooks and scoundrels.

With the Keith Ellison talk earlier, conservatives here obviously don't like him, but all the complaints I hear are 'leftist radical' and nothing about him being Muslim.

Maybe it's just a distinction without a difference since it doesn't change how they vote. I'm just glad MN6 no longer has the state's worst representative after St. Clown's favorite wannabe slaveholder got elected last year. Though Tom Emmer made a strong case last week with his rape of the Boundary Waters. Incidentally, I could see MN6 being more in play than ever in 2018. Emmer has been afraid to show up for a public meeting in the district for the past 10 months now.

*This is deep in the weeds, but the area dx referenced west of 65 isn't bad by any stretch. It's just all homes built in the '50-'70s with very old residents. They don't attract a lot of new blood because nobody wants to move into their grandmothers' house when they can get a newer, bigger house for about the same price a little farther out in Andover.

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  I'd suggest the antecedent here is the type of dirtbag that plays adult hockey.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                    And I'd suggest you go fark yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I have a gun nut coworker who sincerely believes BLM arranges the killing of black people and then frames white police for it.

He also believes that while slavery was very bad blacks were happier under slavery because they had, and this is a direct quote, "structure."

He relates everything in geopolitics back to his youth when he was a wild runaround hell-raiser who did a lot of seriously f-cked up (borderline criminal) stuff, and then he found fundamentalist Christianity and settled down, so that proves that everybody who isn't a rock ribbed conservative is just fooling themselves when they think they are "free" because they're all just slaves to their passions. So, as an atheist, I literally cannot see truth since I haven't accepted that Jesus is God. Not just religious truth but any truth, like, he's surprised I can do math and assumes that's just God working through me to try to send me a message.

It's a common delusion in Fundyworld but he takes it to an extreme I haven't seen very much of up close. It's also really interesting to see how very narrow sexual and substance abuse issues in his autobiography are his explanation for everything, from Congress to the Space Program. It's like Stupid Freud.
                      That's a whole nother level, especially for someone who is educated.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        Yeah it's interesting, among the better players you see more of this type of stuff especially at the Super Rink. Among the beginner types it's not as true, you see more for lack of better term hipster types and what not.

First off, the Blaine hillbilly stuff is ridiculous. It's as suburban sprawly as you can get. I think that's just something people in the lovely ArmstrongCooperDraperPryce district say in the bathtub to soothe themselves between gun shots.
                        This part is just ridiculous lol. Were you the one who whined about dodging bullets on 394 or was that someone else?

Comment

VA House will get 50-50 thanks to a 1-vote margin win in one district.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            That's insane.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                              That's insane.
                              And no provision to break ties.

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
                                And no provision to break ties.
                                It's Virginia. Shootout.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X