Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
    OK, I'm naive.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Lol
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Submitted with no comment.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You may think what you may of George Will. This column is correct.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.3531b286a30f
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Republicans Are Morons Everywhere

It is bad enough the bill wants to define birth control as abortion (which is patently false) but the sponsor of the bill is a massive loonbat!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            You may think what you may of George Will. This column is correct.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.3531b286a30f
            If you're out of WaPo views this month, Google: George Will tsunami and read it on National Review.

The generic problem in the public sector is the moral hazard at the weakly beating heart of what Walter Russell Mead calls the “blue model” of governance — the perverse incentives in the alliance of state and local elected Democrats with public employees’ unions.
            I know this will make some unhappy, but isn't that exactly what Scott Walker took on in Wisconsin?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-doing-nothing
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Republicans Are Morons Everywhere

It is bad enough the bill wants to define birth control as abortion (which is patently false) but the sponsor of the bill is a massive loonbat!
              That is what they believe and I would contend is exactly what America voted for. Anyone with half a brain knows this is the Republican agenda.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Whomever is in power nationally doesn't believe in the 10th amendment.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  If you're out of WaPo views this month, Google: George Will tsunami and read it on National Review.

I know this will make some unhappy, but isn't that exactly what Scott Walker took on in Wisconsin?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-doing-nothing
                  Maybe if Republicans treated state employees with respect, they'd get more votes from them.

They say they want to run government like a business, well name me a successful business where upper management goes out of its way to insult its employees.

Will has a point about the actuarial assumed return on investment. But the moral hazard argument is simply sour grapes. Funny how it's not a moral hazard when business owners vote for Republicans who then screw over everyone else by giving away tax breaks left and right.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    ... well name me a successful business where upper management goes out of its way to insult its employees.
                    You can't.

In the private sector I've seen a couple mass exoduses after "mahogany row" insulted the work force.
                    What I don't understand is why folks that are abused (politcos dis'n gov't employees) like you cite don't leave.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      You can't.
                      The Yankees did win a couple of World Series in the late 1970's.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

George Steinbrenner was Vince McMahon before Vince McMahon was Vince McMahon.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Will has a point about the actuarial assumed return on investment. But the moral hazard argument is simply sour grapes. Funny how it's not a moral hazard when business owners vote for Republicans who then screw over everyone else by giving away tax breaks left and right.
                          Bingo.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Republicans love George Will when he speak on their behalf, shun him otherwise. I enjoy his takes more often than not.

Comment

A glimmer of light in the onrushing darkness.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                              X