Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burd View Post
    Isn't Blaine in Bachmann's old district? That would tell you something.
    Exactly. My dad works for usps and he handles a lot of mail sent to Michelle’s pac, and he said the words written on the envelopes scare him. Drawings of guns, slurs, etc on the outside of the envelope.
    I know some very nice people in Blaine, but a lot of uneducated, hunting/fishing is my life extremists who think anyone with a college degree or higher is evil.

Comment

• Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

I guess a town with an 8-sheet rink can't be all bad, though it's not exactly a cultural gem. Good for parents at hockey tournaments, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Plus you cant 4 wheel and snowmobile on a solar garden!!!

I bet he agrees with the NC State Senator who said solar panels drain the sun of power and kill plant life
        Here's the thing. It just comes down to personal preferences.

For some people, like my wife, the view outside their home (or in my wife's case, even from their resort patio) needs to be natural and beautiful. They want trees, fields, flowers, streams, beaches, etc...

Me, I couldn't care. You could put up a giant brick wall next to my yard and it wouldn't bother me at all.

These people looked out their back windows and saw a giant green, grass covered hill that their kids could play on, sled on, etc... (and ignored the decades of rubbish buried beneath it) and saw nothing but peace and beauty.

For all it's value, a giant solar array is pretty industrial looking. I know my wife would be pizzed if someone came and erected a giant solar array next to our back yard. Personally I'd try to figure out if there was some way for me to tap into it.

It's a personal preference matter, and it exists in all communities, wealthy or not. If you don't believe me, propose a giant solar array along the shore of Lake Minnetonka sometime.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Yeah Blaine is sort of the Cities version of St. Cloud
          No it's not. Not even close.
          http://www.anokacountyrecord.com/201...27_tabloid.pdf

Blaine was carried by 3.4 points (still ugh) with an incredible 82.2% turnout in a city that size. In Anoka County, Blaine was the 5th on the list of highest % for Clinton.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Here's the thing. It just comes down to personal preferences.

For some people, like my wife, the view outside their home (or in my wife's case, even from their resort patio) needs to be natural and beautiful. They want trees, fields, flowers, streams, beaches, etc...

Me, I couldn't care. You could put up a giant brick wall next to my yard and it wouldn't bother me at all.

These people looked out their back windows and saw a giant green, grass covered hill that their kids could play on, sled on, etc... (and ignored the decades of rubbish buried beneath it) and saw nothing but peace and beauty.

For all it's value, a giant solar array is pretty industrial looking. I know my wife would be pizzed if someone came and erected a giant solar array next to our back yard. Personally I'd try to figure out if there was some way for me to tap into it.

It's a personal preference matter, and it exists in all communities, wealthy or not. If you don't believe me, propose a giant solar array along the shore of Lake Minnetonka sometime.
            And that is fine...I am not saying he cant want to have a worthless mound to sled on if that is what he wants I am saying he is a moron because he doesnt see how this would benefit him in the long run. Same holds true with your example.

When I was in Costa Rica we got driven through the mountains. Gorgeous views, scenic route and within it a huge wind farm. (Costa Rica is rather big into renewable energy) Amazingly all the wind mills didnt make the rain forest any less beautiful or the volcano any less awesome. I highly doubt middle of nowhere Blaine is going to look any different with a solar array.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Holy crap:
              https://www.gis.leg.mn/iMaps/elections/2016/all/

Minnesota's government is awesome sometimes.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                No it's not. Not even close.
                http://www.anokacountyrecord.com/201...27_tabloid.pdf

Blaine was carried by 3.4 points (still ugh) with an incredible 82.2% turnout in a city that size. In Anoka County, Blaine was the 5th on the list of highest % for Clinton.
                How they vote doesnt change that 3/4 people there are wearing Artic Cat gear, camo hats and spend all day wishing they could go mudding
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Holy crap:

Further backs up my point...there isnt enough people in the red areas to offset the Blue. As long as The Cities, Duluth and Rochester hold Minnesota stays Blue. Hell even with a hated candidate it didnt go Red.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And one more thing: For the record, this is what Bachman's district used to look like when she was around:
                    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...5/MN06_109.png

Even I was part of her district all the way out in GDO.
                    Code:

Comment

Holy crap:

Man, that really does confirm how much derp there is in Stearns County.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        I guess a town with an 8-sheet rink can't be all bad
                        That's more than VA.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

How they vote doesnt change that 3/4 people there are wearing Artic Cat gear, camo hats and spend all day wishing they could go mudding
                          In Blaine? I don't think so. You're thinking of Ham Lake or Blaine 20 years ago. Blaine today is sharply divided by Highway 65. I mean seriously. Look at the divide on that map It's like it's a giant wall that separates two different peoples.
                          Code:

Comment

In Blaine? I don't think so. You're thinking of Ham Lake or Blaine 20 years ago. Blaine today is sharply divided by Highway 65. I mean seriously. Look at the divide on that map It's like it's a giant wall that separates two different peoples.
                            The map is voting...this goes beyond voting.

But it is neither here no there Blaine sucks period
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              It's a personal preference matter, and it exists in all communities, wealthy or not.
                              If their personal preference was that strong, then they were dumb to buy land that backed up to property zoned for that purpose, is the point.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                If their personal preference was that strong, then they were dumb to buy land that backed up to property zoned for that purpose, is the point.
                                Even more to the point - this usually comes down to property value. The fact is that there will be less demand (i.e. lower price) for a home next to a solar farm than next to a grassy hill. If they are dumb, it's because they overpaid for the property based on the wrong assumption that the hill would remain forever.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X