Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States. It's 10th Amendment or bust!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Coleman is the reason why people dont like that the clown from Southern Minnesota is giving up his House seat to run for a Gubernatorial Run. He has almost no shot to win and is hurting the national numbers.

Coleman is not without issues, but he would take the Twin Cities pretty easily and that right there is 70% of the battle. Yes this state had issues last election but if you look at the numbers Dayton, Klobuchar, Franken and Ellison are riding pretty good numbers these days. I dont see any way that changes if a competent candidate like Coleman gets the nod.
    I agree that Coleman is probably the frontrunner, and from the standpoint of trying to make sure a Democrat is elected it's probably the best strategy to take a Twin Cities Democrat, but Tim Walz is not a clown, and he would be a spectacular governor.

The major problem I see in Minnesota right now is this city/rural nonsense. That has to be bridged, and it isn't going to happen through the legislature. By definition those people only represent a tiny little space in the state.

We've had what, maybe 30 years of metro area governors now? I personally would love to see Walz get a crack at running the state. He's very popular in the rural areas of southern Minnesota, not exactly a blue stronghold.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      To be honest I couldn't name the mayor of the place I live or the place I am moving. Now you mention it, I don't think I have ever known the name of the mayor of any place I have ever lived. It's a grip and grin office; a mayor does nothing.
      I know the mayor of the town I grew up in, but only because he's been mayor for something like 20 years.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        I don't see how this could withstand First Amendment scrutiny. It might fail on the bill of attainder aspects too.

Alabama Senate votes to allow a church to start its own police force.
        Christian Sharia ****ing law.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          Yeah, the name Chris Coleman is a name that anyone following MN news would know. They wouldn't even have to follow politics, they'd still see his name. It's the same office Norm Coleman used to eventually win a senate seat in 2002.
          Maybe. I do follow the news and politics, maybe not as close as you two, but I just have a passing familiarity with his name. If you ask everyone in the state who he is, maybe 10% would know. You two are making fairly broad assumptions.
          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Maybe. I do follow the news and politics, maybe not as close as you two, but I just have a passing familiarity with his name. If you ask everyone in the state who he is, maybe 10% would know. You two are making fairly broad assumptions.
            So you assume that 10% of the people dont know who one of the most prominent members of the DFL Party is (who happens to head the 2nd biggest city in the state) and WE are making assumptions? Yeah about that...

There is no shame in not knowing who he is, but I guarantee the majority of the TC population would be able to hazard a guess as to who Chris Coleman is and that would blow your 10% number out of the water. Hell St. Paul alone ****ed near does and we know they know who he is

Hovey,

I would be all for an outstater being in charge with the right candidate but I am not sure Walz is better than Coleman. With the mess that is St. Paul (especially with the dreck the MNGOP is trying to pass) we need someone who can play the game on a bigger level and will act as a check. That takes a lot of popularity and cache and I am just not sure Walz is that guy at this point. We need someone who can be like Dayton who basically gives the wingnuts the crazy eye and vetoes their BS no matter how much he gets ripped for it. If the MNGOP wasnt just Paul Ryan Accolytes and Trump wannabees I would think differently.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Massena, NY. Armored cars?

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/n...video-20170601
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                If it were Warren County, it'd be the tank.

Thanks a bunch, SPLC.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Give the cops tanks and they'll use them.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

When still living in MN I could name the mayors of MPLS and STP far more often than not because they're in the news quite frequently. Heck I could probably name the police chief of both cities on a regular basis.

Comment

Found the paid protesters.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I am not proud to admit this, but I have no idea of the name of the Maryland governor. I know it's a Republican, which means they beat an incredibly lame Democratic nominee who I can also not name (but who I voted for, no fear).

Maybe I'm just not really big on local politics.
                        You know how many moles are on Bernie Sanders posterior but you can't name the governor of your own state? Yikes.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          You know how many moles are on Bernie Sanders posterior but you can't name the governor of your own state? Yikes.
                          And you know the inside of Hillary anal cavity by taste, yet you don't know the first thing about coalition building.

On second thought, that actually does make sense...
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

And you know the inside of Hillary anal cavity by taste, yet you don't know the first thing about coalition building.

On second thought, that actually does make sense...
                            See, you DO have a sense of humor!
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

All libs do. It's conservatives that can't take a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                All libs do.
                                That's why Rover doesn't recognize one.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X