Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin VS Minnesota 2/24 @ 2/25

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    I'd go Sheehy personally but those aren't bad picks either.
    Yeah, him too. Plus, if you believe everything you hear, he was spurned by the Badgers twice so maybe even a little extra mojo going for him.

Although if either team needs extra juice to get up for this series, especially this late in the season and with all the implications surrounding it, something is seriously wrong with them.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Yeah, him too. Plus, if you believe everything you hear, he was spurned by the Badgers twice so maybe even a little extra mojo going for him.

Although if either team needs extra juice to get up for this series, especially this late in the season and with all the implications surrounding it, something is seriously wrong with them.
      For sure. Playing Wisconsin and UND are the two matchups where the old cliched "records go out the window" is all too true.

Who seriously thought Wisconsin would come into Mariucci last year and win a game after that beatdown the Gophers had put on them in Madison earlier in the year? But sure enough they not only won the opener, they almost pulled out a sweep.
      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Who?
        Nailed it.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
          This is the saddest UW-MN thread I've ever seen.

I blame the Big Ten and NoDak
          I was lurking this thread thinking I'd post a typical knuckledragger Dak remark, but I swear it's like Melatonin.

The F'Hawks are playing like Shyt and probably won't make the tourney, and you guys are showing each other no hate whatsoever. W TF?
          Last edited by burd; 02-24-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

burd what is there to hate? I feel sorry for them.

Comment

Wisconsin is losing, so all is right with the world.
              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Gophers fell asleep for a short stretch, but I thought their effort was fine and didn't think their overall play was bad. Schierhorn would like to have that 2nd goal back, Berry made some outstanding saves, UW with a bit of puck luck and sometimes you just lose.

Get them tomorrow night and all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    burd what is there to hate? I feel sorry for them.
                    And that itself is something to be sorry about. I haven't seen them play this year, but it looks like they are on their way back to Hate City, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      And that itself is something to be sorry about. I haven't seen them play this year, but it looks like they are on their way back to Hate City, aren't they?
                      If they add another Greenway or two to the roster that might be enough. And surely if they begin winning consistently it will again draw out the least knowledgeable hockey fans in the west to an annoying degree.

Comment

It's almost like what NMU did to us earlier in the season.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I would never expect that they wouldn't, but the Gophers better come prepared tonight. UW is now 16 in the PWR and will be motivated to get a sweep. The Gophers are still at #4 and fighting to keep a 1 seed. Both teams I am sure would love to win the regular season crown.

The B1G currently has 4 teams in the Top 16 of the PWR, just 1 less than the NACHO. Who would have predicted that 12 months ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            If they add another Greenway or two to the roster that might be enough. And surely if they begin winning consistently it will again draw out the least knowledgeable hockey fans in the west to an annoying degree.
                            I have high expectations for Inamoto next year (plus Kalynuk for a ready made pair) and the high end D in the pipeline only get better going forward. Badgers are going to be back on the national stage in short order.

I thought the Goph's played really well with the exception of a short stretch in the second where the Badgers were able to dictate a bit. Otherwise Goph's won most of the battles, created good chances and pretty much should have won the game. Berry was outstanding, the Badgers just finished on opportunities and the Gophers didn't.

On the bright side for Bucky, they have before, and can tonight, play much better. Be better on the 50/50 pucks and be better on faceoffs and details, and hopefully we'll see a good battle again tonight.

Lastly, maybe it's my Cardinal colored glasses, but I don't see how Bristedt didn't get the gate? He hits Tischke square in the numbers and head first into the wall. Since when did they stop calling that CFB and 5?
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Lastly, maybe it's my Cardinal colored glasses, but I don't see how Bristedt didn't get the gate? He hits Tischke square in the numbers and head first into the wall. Since when did they stop calling that CFB and 5?
                              I originally thought that as well, but watched it a few more times after the game (Live DVR is a wonderful thing, huh?) and thought the refs got it right. But it was close.

Comment

The Gophers should have won this game, pure and simple. On numerous occasions they did a nice job of setting things up for a very promising scoring opportunity, but they invariably found a creative way to squander the chance...fan on the shot, miss the net, overpass to nobody, etc. etc. They've done a great job of setting up and then finishing those opportunities ever since the break, but last night they were just a little off. When you outshoot a team 38-18, including 18-7 in the 3rd period, you should not lose the game. I won't be surprised if we see a few changes in the lineup tonight, as there were several guys who didn't contribute much at all.
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X