Wisconsin VS Minnesota 2/24 @ 2/25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin VS Minnesota 2/24 @ 2/25

Awesome series by both teams. Very entertaining and close games this season between these two teams.....

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
      Awesome series by both teams. Very entertaining and close games this season between these two teams.....
      Besse is officially snake bitten.

Comment

I can't ****ing believe that didn't go in.

What a swipe.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          I can't ****ing believe that didn't go in.

What a swipe.
          Just saw the replay (listened to game on radio, no cable). Amazing.

And FTR, 94E, you scum.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Great save by Schierhorn, nice swipe by the defenseman. As we all know, anything can happen in OT. I'll take a split in that building anytime.

I really think Pitlick should turn pro ASAP. ;-)
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-25-2017, 10:03 PM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Congrats Goofs. I guess you're about as good as us this year.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                I think we're a couple points better.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

that must have been a bad batch of thinner to get you that fooled up.
                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                  Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Fun series.

It benefits both programs when we are both good and UW is clearly on the path back.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin VS Minnesota 2/24 @ 2/25

To me this series was reminiscent of Border Battles of the past. Close defensive games with lots of scoring opportunities for both teams. I thought the Gophers had the better scoring opportunities overall, but hit a couple pipes, or were too predictable with their shots. Wis. D corp played shutdown hockey this weekend clogging up the lanes and blocking shots making it tough to get pucks through. And Jurusik was good tonight as well.

Gophers need to avoid the box which cost them 2 goals and ALMOST a third (although I'm not sure on that charging call on Romanko in the third). So impressed with Justin Kloos in his best season as a Gopher with another game winning rocket shot.

As far as the B10 title and seeding for the B10 tourney is concerned, IF the Gophers split the next two series and UW sweeps and splits in their remaining series with Penn St. and OSU, we have a tie at 42 pts for Co-champions of the B10. Looking what Granato has done with this Wis. squad, it's a doable scenario. If so, Gophers lose the third tie breaker on total goals (-1) and are a #2 seed for the tourney.

Seeding for the Big Ten Men’s Ice Hockey Tournament shall be determined by points accumulated in conference games. Points in the regular season Big Ten standings will be awarded as follows: three points for a regulation or overtime win, two points for a shootout win, one point for a shootout loss and no points for a regulation or overtime loss.

a) Seeding amongst tied teams shall be determined by the greater number of Big Ten regular-season wins;

b) If not determined by (a), seeding amongst tied teams shall be determined by the team with the best regular-season winning percentage against the other co-champion(s);

c) If not determined by (a) or (b), seeding amongst tied teams shall be determined by comparison of total goals for and against each team in contests between (among) co-champion(s) in conference games. For sake of clarity, a team’s goals-against shall be subtracted from its goals-for in order to compare;

d) If not determined by (a) or (b) or (c), seeding amongst tied teams shall be determined by comparison of the winning percentages of the co-champions against the remaining highest ranked Big Ten teams in conference games, successively, until the determination is accomplished or all Big Ten regular-season contests have been considered;

e) If not determined by (a) or (b) or (c) or (d), seeding amongst tied teams shall be determined by the flip of a coin.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I think we're a couple points better.

We've got a couple murderous weekends ahead but if there's any justice in the world, we'll settle up with you at The Joe.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          ... but if there's any justice in the world ...
                          Let me stop you right there. There isn't.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

We've got a couple murderous weekends ahead but if there's any justice in the world, we'll settle up with you at The Joe.
                            Those words don't mean what you think they do.

Comment

Two of the plays from last night's game made ESPN's Sports Center Top 10:

https://youtu.be/G1Xt-FFtgJU
                              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Diving catch in the outfield should have been #1.

Comment

Working...
                                X