• Show
Clear All

• Re: UA_ vs. UAA the five hole edition, 16-17

8 years.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by bcmsu9196 View Post
      Not exactly crazy about it being sealed by an empty-net goal in a tie game, but congrats, Nooks, on winning the Cup again
      What a stupid coaching call, just because it was gutsy doesn't make it smart.

I am an MTU fan first, but I root for the Seawolves as an Alaskan and would love to see them thrive. They need recruiting help, IMO. They play hard, but they just do not have the skill players that they need to be successful. If UA(f) can bring skilled guys in, UAA should be able to. Hope the Seawolves can stick around and get more draw with the Aces folding.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
        What a stupid coaching call, just because it was gutsy doesn't make it smart.

I am an MTU fan first, but I root for the Seawolves as an Alaskan and would love to see them thrive. They need recruiting help, IMO. They play hard, but they just do not have the skill players that they need to be successful. If UA(f) can bring skilled guys in, UAA should be able to. Hope the Seawolves can stick around and get more draw with the Aces folding.
        UAA had to win in the regular OT to keep Governor's Cup chances alive. With nothing else to play for, they might as well.
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

lol they might as well just paint that cup blue and gold.
          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            8 years.
            At least some UAA fans can see it as it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
              lol they might as well just paint that cup blue and gold.
              I think it's mostly blue now.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                UAA had to win in the regular OT to keep Governor's Cup chances alive. With nothing else to play for, they might as well.
                I'm surprised Thomas waited as long as he did to pull him. If it were me I'd have pulled him as soon as Hubbs' penalty was over.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Tying up some loose ends:
                  Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                  How about the record of, I believe, 43-72-17 that Matt Thomas has so far?

Dallas is, I think, 136-144-42..
                  Comparing the better of two coaches below .500, okay honey that is just special.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Hang? That's what we're hoping for? To "hang" with UAF? Talk about losers mentality.
                  I'm using hang as a means of being equal, or are you referring to some other definition? Losers mentality, uh what?

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  It's great that we have a pro coach but we have a lineup that plays like a D3 team.

The expectation against UAF is to win, no exceptions. The problem is too many of you have accepted losing.
                  Again, what. Are you delusional? I kept bringing up the fact that in 13-14 we were above .500, seemingly nobody else cared. I kept bringing up attendance declined after that season, Aces attendance also dropped. If we stroll down all the way to D's blog, you and I were the strongest supporters of winning now, whatever it takes legally. And I stood by, and supported you. Probably more than anyone else here or on D's blog. Not during your weekly **** post, but I appreciate your passion. I got some retweets (KTVA, KTUU head sports director), and continue to get likes for saying this is UAA's weekend to take back the crown of sports king. Active on Facebook as well. Unless it was unclear (only to you I guess), I want UAA to succeed, I want wins, preferably next season early and lots. The Aces are no more, we own the Sully, we own hockey in a "hockey town", there has never been a more perfect time for UAA to get back to the late 80's early 90's dominance.

This is your cease and desist, stop spreading lies (not just about me either), and not doing any investigative reporting. We both know you won't be back until next season anyways.

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  A pro coach who hasn't done anything for 3 years? A pro coach who makes double what other coaches in our league make? I don't blame the players, I blame the coach. He's a disaster. The power play has been last in the nation for THREE YEARS. Our penalty minutes are right up there among the highest in the nation. This is what is not acceptable. Again, I don't blame the players. They played hard last night. They wanted to win. Hopefully they can get the win and the shoot out tonight. If not, time for Thomas to go.
                  Unfortunately, with our current administration I fear no matter who is behind the bench it won't matter. UAA threw a bunch of money to try and solve the hockey problem, and it's clear that is not enough. I do like coaches smaller lineup, at the end of the season when they are clicking, along with the lines of the "bigs". It was a good weekend, not a great weekend JJ. If we had won the Gov Cup we would've won more fans, but the dozen or so we did win over is a start. We need to start making a fuss about GCI's deal to broadcast, that needs to end. 10 pm tape delay starts is not enough, we need every butt in those seats we can get. The demolition of the Sully won't be for at least another 5-10 years, deck some more green and gold in there for the start of next season.
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                    At least some UAA fans can see it as it is.
                    Are you promoting cheating, and looking the other way?
                    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      I'm surprised Thomas waited as long as he did to pull him. If it were me I'd have pulled him as soon as Hubbs' penalty was over.
                      Hubbs deserved that call btw, play like a ****ing idiot for four years and that happens. I'm sure he wanted to score a goal in his senior season, in his final game, and he deliberately stuck out his stick on a vulnerable player's skate with 15 seconds to go against our rival. His season total points: 10,10,7, and 4, don't see that very often, good riddance.

Oh and some of the stupidest f u c k i n g passing I have ever seen tonight by our team.

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                        This is the best thread of the season - If you're in the Lower 48, eating popcorn while reading it.
                        Much like a winter in the East Coast, one winter here and you get very uhm creative and colorful with language.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post

Oh and some of the stupidest f u c k i n g passing I have ever seen tonight by our team.
                          Lucky this went to OT TBH, Trink set them up with a turn over and the dude missed the net. Choked on the open net. Our standard pass is right into the skates, it's too painful to watch after a while.
                          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                            Hubbs deserved that call btw, play like a ****ing idiot for four years and that happens. I'm sure he wanted to score a goal in his senior season, in his final game, and he deliberately stuck out his stick on a vulnerable player's skate with 15 seconds to go against our rival. His season total points: 10,10,7, and 4, don't see that very often, good riddance.

Totally agree about Hubbs. He was the king of stupid penalties! His penalty earlier was stupid as well. The worst call of the night though? The "embellishment" on Mitchell. Really a head scratcher.

I feel so bad for Mitchell. He had the chance to win it and Jones made an unbelievable save. Mason was down on one knee with his head down, for a very long time after the horn. I could feel his pain. But honestly, he was the ONE BRIGHT SPOT for us the second half of the season. We love you Mason! I hope he comes back next year. There are rumors of scouts wanting him, but I truly think if he has a monster junior season, like he had the second half of this season, he will really turn some scouts heads.
                            Originally Posted by aparch
                            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              I feel so bad for Mitchell. He had the chance to win it and Jones made an unbelievable save. Mason was down on one knee with his head down, for a very long time after the horn. I could feel his pain. But honestly, he was the ONE BRIGHT SPOT for us the second half of the season. We love you Mason! I hope he comes back next year. There are rumors of scouts wanting him, but I truly think if he has a monster junior season, like he had the second half of this season, he will really turn some scouts heads.
                              I think his two assists this season are gonna make scouts put him on the watch list, Mantha I'm not too sure about. Olivier has started nearly all the games in his three seasons here, and this season in particular turned a lot of heads, including mine-finally got it D.

Comment

I was out of the loop on the G Cup status being the reason for the desperation goalie pull. My bad.

I Stand by the recruiting comment though. Not hating, I'd love to see them competing for the McNaughton, and the sooner the better. One successful season and I think they can put substantially more butts in the seats. They have a lot going for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X