This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.5 - Sweden is Under Attack

Maybe if the Jews had simply not gotten so emotional and ignored the Nazis...

If you came away from the Bill Maher thing thinking that sending someone a message saying "This is your unlisted address and I'm coming to rape you" is just a joke that liberal snowflakes can't help but "take the bait" on, well....I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that Bill Maher did a far less sufficient job of shining light on the issue than you believe.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      I can't think of a professional calling I'd less like to have as my chosen career than that of pastor/priest/reverend/rabbi, etc..., but I can't think of another group whose ability to persuade I'd more like to have as my own.

To be able to stand, in the face of disbelievers or even mortal enemies and speak the same message, over and over, with an undying faith that sooner or later it will get through, is something I've long admired. It probably speaks to why MLK was as effective as he was.
      People tend to forget how much opposition he faced from those inside the black community who did not believe change could be accomplished peacefully.

His words:

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral,
      begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy.
      Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it.
      Through violence you may murder the liar,
      but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth.
      Through violence you may murder the hater,
      but you do not murder hate.
      In fact, violence merely increases hate.
      So it goes.
      Returning violence for violence multiplies violence,
      adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
      Darkness cannot drive out darkness:
      only light can do that.
      Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
      Last edited by burd; 02-22-2017, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        In the end though, isn't that what everyone wants? The witty tweet I mean. Clearly.
        LOL. Fair point.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Trump really might unite the country, if not the world.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            I gotta get me one of those!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I don't believe Maher changed at all. His whole shtick for decades has been "give em enough rope." Maher's whole philosophy is let the jackas-ses self-identify, because condemning them and censoring them just turns them into martyrs.

Milo's gig is to roll into town and get you to victimize him. If you just let him say his stoopid piece and then tear him apart on content, he loses.

The Whole Point is Milo has no power other than what we liberals gave him. The way to defeat judo is to just step aside.
              Bingo!
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                "I like Jews who weren't captured and killed, OK?"
                I laughed...because I totally saw him saying that!

"Anne Frank...I read her book. Honestly, it was terrible. My book was a New York Times bestseller! It is one of the best selling books in the history of the industry! In fact, I believe I read it sold more books than even the Bible! I dont know if it is true but I read it! Do you think Hillary Clinton's book could do that...WRONG! Anne Frank is a little girl and her foundation is worthless. The Donald Trump Foundation gives BILLIONS in aide to people all over the world! They are the heroes, they were killed in a war because they lived in an Attic!!"

BTW Maize has definitely gone full Foxton...
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  I laughed...because I totally saw him saying that!

"Anne Frank...I read her book. Honestly, it was terrible. My book was a New York Times bestseller! It is one of the best selling books in the history of the industry! In fact, I believe I read it sold more books than even the Bible! I dont know if it is true but I read it! Do you think Hillary Clinton's book could do that...WRONG! Anne Frank is a little girl and her foundation is worthless. The Donald Trump Foundation gives BILLIONS in aide to people all over the world! They are the heroes, they were killed in a war because they lived in an Attic!!"

BTW Maize has definitely gone full Foxton...
                  "Which, by the way, is not as good as my attic. My attic is tremendous."
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Just heard on MSNBC that the Trump administration is deferring to the House (Ryan) on Health Care and Tax Policy. Anyone confirm? That appears to be more lies cause Trump said he had the awesomest plans ever.
                    Its truly stunning the number of proposed election policies Trump has gone back on in his one month in office.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Bingo!
                      Yes, CNN giving Trump unlimited airtime certainly didn't normalize his rhetoric at all and really tanked his campaign. What a tremendous strategy that is.

If Maher really "exposed" this guy, why do I have to argue with a thread full of valid opinion havers that think explicit threats to rape and murder women is just saying mean stuff to bait liberals? Believe it or not, the guy maybe downplayed some of the less savory aspects of what his people do. Maher could have had on one of the dozens of victims he's harassed on the show instead of, or at least in addition to, Milo to present a more accurate picture. Instead, a credulous audience walked away saying "Yeah....why shouldn't the will be able to triumph?"

Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        If Maher really "exposed" this guy
                        Maher didn't expose him, he exposed himself.

I watched the "overtime" segment where Wilpon took him to the woodshed, and it was like watching a Nobel laureate brush off a middle schooler.

When these guys can hide behind a hate radio mic (or a 4chan show, or a social media handle) and control the debate they're fine, but put them on even footing with an intelligent liberal and in 3 minutes they're a burned out cinder. That's why O'Reilly and Hannity and Breitbart (RIP) and Alex Jones have to only play home games. Like their GOP comrades, they only win if they cheat.

Look for instance and what happened when Milo deployed the classic Echo Chamber ruse, {ridiculous statement} followed by "this is undeniable." Everybody who has dealt with an intellectual bully recognizes this move, and the countermeasure is simple and devastating, "says who?" or "no, in fact, it's not -- it's just lunacy." That forces the bully to put up or shut up, and of course he can't do either, so he makes himself out a fool. Once Larry did that they might as well have stopped the fight, because Milo didn't get another jab in all night, he was cooked.

That's how to deal with these hateful fascists: keep you head and aim for their glass jaw. I hope the press was watching because Trump is just Milo with a smaller vocabulary and more of a drama queen.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 02-23-2017, 10:03 AM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Maher didn't expose him, he exposed himself.
                          Not even close if you walked away from the interview thinking his whole schtick is rolling into town to say outlandish stuff to make people mad.

Comment

Yes, CNN giving Trump unlimited airtime certainly didn't normalize his rhetoric at all and really tanked his campaign. What a tremendous strategy that is.

If Maher really "exposed" this guy, why do I have to argue with a thread full of valid opinion havers that think explicit threats to rape and murder women is just saying mean stuff to bait liberals? Believe it or not, the guy maybe downplayed some of the less savory aspects of what his people do. Maher could have had on one of the dozens of victims he's harassed on the show instead of, or at least in addition to, Milo to present a more accurate picture. Instead, a credulous audience walked away saying "Yeah....why shouldn't the will be able to triumph?"
                            Agree completely here. I would be nice to live in a world where right wing nutters hung themselves rhetorically whenever they got on a lamestream media platform. Problem is that doesn't happen with a willing and compliant media and people way to busy with their ordinary lives to sort through every lie that goes unchallenged. Maher (and yes, I've watched his show) is useless. Always has been.

Moving on, Scooby Trump blowing off health care reform and tax policy is no surprise. As I said before, he's set this up perfectly to leave GOP Congresscritters holding the bag. If they try to eliminate health care for his working class voters, particularly Medicaid expansion, he'll veto and look like a hero to these people. He gets to make promises like nobody with current ACA exchange policies will lose coverage while sticking Weasel Paul Ryan with the impossible task of making that and full repeal happen. A more conventional Republican wouldn't do this but he owes these people nothing and is probably more interested in the lighting at his next press conference than actually passing anything into law over the course of his term with the exception of 1) kicking out all illegals which he really seems to actually care about, and 2) scrapping a couple of trade deals. Everything else is window dressing. Remember all those things he was going to do in Syria once he took office? Has anybody heard Syria mentioned since before Inauguration Day except for his travel ban?
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Has anybody heard Syria mentioned since before Inauguration Day except for his travel ban?
                              yes, they have been talking about putting boots on the ground in Syria

Comment

Not even close if you walked away from the interview thinking his whole schtick is rolling into town to say outlandish stuff to make people mad.
                                From what I can see, that is his schtick. He's a more feminine Anne Coulter. He found a market inefficiency: the expected value of provoking socio-political rage is greater than 1.0 under present conditions. His conservative precursors running all the way back to Limbaugh, or even Birch, or even Coughlin, have established a Treasury of Hate Merit which conservative provocateurs can draw from to gain wealth and influence. The decades of hard work those forefathers spent spewing garbage and driving people apart have created a National Hatred Reserve, and Milo is tapping it.

But like Tinker Bell, he can only live if you believe in him. Laughter and dismissal breaks the conduit and leaves him to fall back on his own merits, which are sub-zero.

You can see this in miniature in the way Fish operates. He will drop some reference to a laughable conservative pseudo-argument and then tiptoe away with a mincing "Wouldn't we be prudent to keep this in mind, la?" soupçon of counterfeit impartiality. He is, after all, only asking the question. Milo is doing the same thing but flipping it on its head -- where Fish tries to sneak his Passive Aggressive Horse past the gates of your rationality, Milo uses his battering ram.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X