• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.5 - Sweden is Under Attack

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    He was, after all, a Moose-Lamb.
    < man-bear-pig quip here >
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      < ahem > ...

Sitting? Closet?
      I assume suitable trigger lock is applied.
      Or other disabling action has been completed.

< glare >
      My dad had a .22 pistol in the closet of my parents' bedroom when I was a kid. He never had a gun safe, or trigger lock. I only shot six kids with that gun.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

*That's the one item that Mr. Obama never instilled. The current indicators all show a long slow recovery; it's currently second longest; it's not long until it'll be longest. The key leading indicators of the next recession haven't appeared fully yet. If Trump keeps the economy building but not so much as to inflate and trigger the next down cycle he'll claim it and more than likely win off of it.
        You can't "instill" something that people don't want instilled, and when there are a thousand voices all screaming "alternative facts" regarding that economic optimism.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          You can't "instill" something that people don't want instilled, and when there are a thousand voices all screaming "alternative facts" regarding that economic optimism.
          People will always want a reason to be positive and confident when looking at the future, especially their economic future. Somehow Mr. Trump (Capt. Positivity, ... NOT) did that better than Mr. Obama or Mrs. Clinton.

Mr. Trump has inherited an engine that's been slow-idling along for quite a while (second longest recovery). I expect his continued "pro business" messaging will give it a rev; but, that will probably spur on the next slowdown (spur inflation which'll spur the downturn). We're due for a slowdown. History says it should be in the next 24 months (just based on not having a downturn for so long); however, given the slow rate of this recovery (again, second longest, almost longest) I could see that extending out to more like 48 months. Should that happen (48 more months of growth), it won't be bad for the incumbent at the ballot box.

Honestly, I could see Trump giving too much rev, ("irrational exuberance"? ) and a corresponding downturn by mid-terms. (<-- That'll make Kep and Rover giddy because that's always good for the out-of-power party.) All Trump really has to do is keep the economic positivity mindset going and he'll get more like the 48 months I figure he wants.
          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 02-21-2017, 06:12 PM.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

But you had half or more of the population, no matter what the good economic news was, no matter how and how often it was repeated, would not listen to that message, did not believe that message. In fact, went out of their way to say that this news was not real, it was false, the government was just making those numbers up. You know, the "economically anxious" and so forth.

In addition, you had one political party encouraging and promulgating those false perceptions, purely for political gain.

But didn't see you calling them out for doing so. Didn't see you out there trying to dispel those false assumptions that the public held.

Comment

Welcome to a world of censorship. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzKQM9b8GXU

Comment

But you had half or more of the population, no matter what the good economic news was, no matter how and how often it was repeated, would not listen to that message, did not believe that message.
                Don't we still have that today?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Welcome to a world of censorship. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzKQM9b8GXU
                  Don't text, or whateverthehellthatwas, and drive. That is all.

< I made it all of 53 seconds into a Alex Jones clip before closing the tab. New league record! >

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Don't we still have that today?
                    Really? Who's saying the economy isn't doing well?

Suddenly, we're not hearing a peep from Republicans about how poorly the economy's doing, how slow the recovery is, how the unemployment numbers are fake, etc.

So no, keep trying to play your false equivalency games.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Suddenly, we're not hearing a peep from Republicans about how poorly the economy's doing, how slow the recovery is, how the unemployment numbers are fake, etc.

So no, keep trying to play your false equivalency games.
                      We talked about this a few weeks ago, but the one part of the economy that is tough is housing. Story in the Globe over the weekend that average apartment rent around here is up $500 a month in the last five years. There is work available but for a lot of people it isn't enough to cover all their expenses.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I don't know, maybe ...
                        “The drop in the flash PMI numbers for February suggest that the post-election upturn has lost some momentum,” said Chris Williamson, chief business economist at IHS Markit.
                        http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mom...kit-2017-02-21

Just the same, wait for it ...

Once the cabinet positions are filled and the war with the media is over, tDon will start yapping up "his economy" and the counter-punches will come in as "it hasn't been good for everyone" pointing out sectors missed. Book it.

Then again, if we have to wait until tDon's media war is over ... it'll never come about.
                        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 02-21-2017, 08:34 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I haven't seen Rover haunting here lately.

I think I know why.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            No because I believe you. I was asking a question not spitting in your face I promise you.
                            A missed opportunity. Saying she deserved it and spreading false rumors of Sic being responsible would have made it Very Important To Our Freedom that you get nothing less than speaking gigs at every college across the country, a book deal, and some airtime on the show of oppressed genius Bill Maher.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Is it just me or is telling someone to stop whining as intellectually lazy as it is morally repugnant?

I had a friend on Facebook say, "I'm tired of whiners. Whining has never gotten anyone anywhere. Especially with me."

It makes no effort to understand where the person is coming from. It doesn't seem to address the problems. All it tells them is "**** you. I've got mine."
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                All it tells them is "**** you. I've got mine."
                                An American staple.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X