Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Drunkard

Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

We had quite a bit of puck luck, but even with Minny dominating on shots and chances, we still got and took advantage of the best ones.

Some good fortune to end up as a win, but against a top-5 team, that's perfectly fine. Tony G for COtY.

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Tony G for COtY.
    I was thinking this the other day, wondering if it is a real possibility. It should be, but I am of course biased. I wonder who else would be a viable candidate nationally? Maybe the guy at Western Michigan..

Teaching you how to Bucky.

And Cavallini strikes again!

Crazy. He's always been a big effort guy, but frankly, he just couldn't skate at all. What's odd to me is that early last year he'd actually learned to skate, was making an impact and then, I don't know if he got hurt or what, but he went right back to his old, terrible form by Christmas. He obviously worked hard off season because he got back to skating like he was there briefly and has remained on track all year.

I'm really enjoying watching Hughes play this year. When he came in at 17 and maybe 160lbs. he wouold go flying in behind the net on the forecheck and just get crumpled by the D. I think about that every time he goes in now and guys just bounce off him or he muscles the puck away from a defender. He's had the talent from the start, but kudos to him for making the most of it through all his hard work.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Let's go RED!

It was great to see UW steal a game like that shots-wise. That hasn't happened for years. Bummed I didn't get a chance to watch it, but watching a 7-0 thumping of Kato was plenty fun.

It was nice to meet Innova, he scored some sweet seats behind the UW bench and he got to watch a great game, minus the HORRIFIC refereeing, but that's for the women's page.

Let's sweep the rodents and send them plunging off bridges en mass.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

I wanted to add to the discussion a note about Greenway's late penalty. After all the talk here this week about him having to watch his play since he gets "fired up" pretty easily an can take an occasional bad penalty - when he took that one with about 5-6 minutes to go I expected to see the message boards light up with the "told ya so".

I have to admit, I was yelling from my chair about how dumb a penalty it was myself. He is such a good player and it helps to have him on the ice - not in the box, especially on the road nursing a one goal lead.

Thoughts, anyone?

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by BuB View Post
    I wanted to add to the discussion a note about Greenway's late penalty. After all the talk here this week about him having to watch his play since he gets "fired up" pretty easily an can take an occasional bad penalty - when he took that one with about 5-6 minutes to go I expected to see the message boards light up with the "told ya so".

I have to admit, I was yelling from my chair about how dumb a penalty it was myself. He is such a good player and it helps to have him on the ice - not in the box, especially on the road nursing a one goal lead.

Thoughts, anyone?
    I had this thought during his extended stay in the box last week: I think this may have been a reason why he was planning on playing in the OHL before all that drama around the Firebirds.

Agree on Greenway but as we've all seen over the years with players, sometimes you have to take a little of the bad with all the good. There's no limit to J.D.'s upside as far as I can see and he has the potential to be up there with some of the best D we've ever had, which is saying quite a lot. The most frustrating thing to me about that play is that if he just moves his feet he has a great chance of drawing a penalty, as Kloos was basically tackling him.

With his size and skill it's easy to forget he's also the youngest player on the team. Hopefully he learns a bit from these situations.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    With his size and skill it's easy to forget he's also the youngest player on the team. Hopefully he learns a bit from these situations.
    Yikes, you're right. Didn't know that. Thanks for the info.....

Did anyone feel like the badgers were much more physical than usual? They seemed to be finishing checks a lot more than usual. I hope that becomes more of a regularity.

Man, Besse cannot catch a break.

I think most of us would've taken a split going into the weekend, so at least there's that.

Also, another silver lining: Badgers started the day at 15 in the pairwise, and have actually moved up to 14 with NoDak losing, and if Denver holds off St. Cloud (up 6-1 in the 3rd), they'll move up to 13!

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Now it's time to take care of ourselves. The next 4, we win we're in.

Good series, guys. Love that you are respectable again. Makes the rivalry much better. F'reals.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

I guess we will just have to watch UND crap the bed for the next few years.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Drunkard

[cautious stick taps of respect]

Drunkard

BTW, we're up to 13 in PWR.

I'd like to thank Ohio State, Air Force, SCSU and Air Force for all losing.

Of course, this shows how volatile the PWR is right now, so I don't think this makes our last three weekends any less crucial.

[cautious stick taps of respect]
    [hesitantly agrees]
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Of course, this shows how volatile the PWR is right now, so I don't think this makes our last three weekends any less crucial.
    Right now with 20,000 Monte Carlo sims, we're exactly 50/50 to make the tournament. With just a cursory look at it, if we win one or two next week, our chances are very good to make it.
    Get swept though, and even with sweeping OSU it's possible that the best case is that we'd be in the same situation as a few years ago where winning the B1G (provided it's not vs. Mi or MiSt) would be the game to give us both the AQ and the At Large bid. But that's a bit too far out to see.

Realistically, we have to win a game next week, which seems fair enough.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    On a selfish note, maybe it's time the State Urinal highlights the hockey team..especially on days the BB team doesn't even play, instead of those articles. If the hockey team lost 4 of 5, they'd be buried near the obits.

Merrimack beating Vermont was huge for us (Merrimack W helping our RPI, Vermont loss dropping them below us), and every Northern Michigan win really helps too.

Quote Originally Posted by BuB View Post

Thoughts, anyone?
    "told ya so"

Thread Information