This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    What I don't know if how G2O salaries compare to others in NCAA...

They were the highest (by far) in the NCAA when they were hired. Someone with more motivation than me could look through the old threads....it was posted somewhere already.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      I hope the novelty isn't wearing off. This is a very fun event and more important, money goes to great causes.
      We won't be able to attend, we are leaving that AM for our annual St. Germain trip. It's a little sad, I miss LaBahn and that event is a lot of fun.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Well, it's done...

https://***********/brian_posick/sta...71253309329409

Don has been hired by Chicago.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          Well, it's done...

https://***********/brian_posick/sta...71253309329409

Don has been hired by Chicago.
          I'll be honest, this is a bitter pill to swallow after one year. I figured 5, 6, 7 years down the road, not 1 friggin year. Al the BS about working together, friends, blah blah blah
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            I'll be honest, this is a bitter pill to swallow after one year. I figured 5, 6, 7 years down the road, not 1 friggin year. Al the BS about working together, friends, blah blah blah
            Maybe having big brother as his boss, wasn't what he thought it was going to be.

Plus, it's the NHL and a team that has won 3 cups very recently. I would imagine that would be tough to pass.

Edit: link to article

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2017...ant-coach-2017

Comment

Originally posted by [url
              http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2017/6/15/15809204/don-granato-wisconsin-blackhawks-assistant-coach-2017[/url]
              Sounds like GM and Coach fireworks and that is never a good situation to be in. I guess somehow that is better than working with your former teammate and brother. Makes no sense.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

And we better come up with a new thread name. Now it is just GO.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Sounds like GM and Coach fireworks and that is never a good situation to be in. I guess somehow that is better than working with your former teammate and brother. Makes no sense.
                  Hometown NHL team, not traveling around all summer watching select tournaments and recruiting. I can see the appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                    Hometown NHL team, not traveling around all summer watching select tournaments and recruiting. I can see the appeal.
                    Just makes all the PR from the hiring last spring sound hollow in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                      Maybe having big brother as his boss, wasn't what he thought it was going to be.
                      Might also being an assistant coach at the college level wasn't a right fit for him. So much of the job is solo travel and building recruiting relationships, where at most other levels coaching is much more about interacting with pre-selected players on a daily basis.

The key now is to find a young upstart coach who Oz can teach his recruiting magic to.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                        From following Oz on twitter, it certainly seems like he enjoys the travel and recruiting. Hope he wants to stick around for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          Just makes all the PR from the hiring last spring sound hollow in my opinion.
                          Sometimes reality just doesn't match what you thought the dream would be.

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2017/6...lackhawks.aspx
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Chicago Blackhawks: undermining hockey in Wisconsin since whenever it was Lloyd Pettit wanted to get the NHL in Milwaukee.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                The Chicago Blackhawks: undermining hockey in Wisconsin since whenever it was Lloyd Pettit wanted to get the NHL in Milwaukee.
                                Ok. That made me a laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X