Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by GBBadger14 View Post
    Here's a cool story about the three former Badgers playing for the Rangers and there time in Madison, including a MM sighting!

LINK
    That is a great read. They got that critical game 5 win last night. Schultz and the other Smith have moved on, unfortunately Elliott had a rough last couple games for the Flames. Sharks are on the brink of elimination. Let's go Badgers!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I know you have a connection with the Kessels and I'm sure they are nice people, but Phil and Amanda go to you-know-where.
    You did OK with Badger Bob.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

Pierre gave some love to Trent Frederic, G20 and the Badgers during the Senators/Bruins game today. Pierre has grown on me; I really like him.

I was standing next to Tony G waiting to sit at the UW Band Concert last night. I thanked him for the season and we talked a little NHL for a few minutes. He was with family, so I didn't want to bug him. He was MORE than gracious to talk and kept on even after the family sat. What a great guy. I have NO idea how he held is own in the NHL because he is even smaller than I thought. But as wise people always say, "You cannot measure heart."

My friends, we are in a good place.
    The Rock - Kessel 2020.

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Carl Spackler 1980

Blood Boiling with Rage and Hate Almington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    That's standard practice for UW, it is actually a notable development if the contract isn't extended (drops the buyout after the next season) because that's clear evidence the coach is on the hot seat.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Pierre gave some love to Trent Frederic, G20 and the Badgers during the Senators/Bruins game today. Pierre has grown on me; I really like him.

I was standing next to Tony G waiting to sit at the UW Band Concert last night. I thanked him for the season and we talked a little NHL for a few minutes. He was with family, so I didn't want to bug him. He was MORE than gracious to talk and kept on even after the family sat. What a great guy. I have NO idea how he held is own in the NHL because he is even smaller than I thought. But as wise people always say, "You cannot measure heart."

My friends, we are in a good place.
    At times I still cannot believe UW has the staff they do. It's like catching 3 55 inches muskies in consecutive casts.

Registered College Hockey Addict

In the way to early things that don't matter category, we have: College Hockey News Pre-Season Top 10.

Spoiler: Badgers are #7

Let's go RED!

Kalynuk was named team MVP, top D and top offensive D my the Thunder. Looks like a top D pair guy at this point. G2O did say he'd be on the PP. UW could really use a playmaking offensive D.

That poll had UW at 7.......a little high I'd say. They did rip UW's goaltending, but both guys played very well the second half of the season and there's no reason they won't continue to improve.

Let's go RED!

Attendance was up 18% when the team had low expectations (6086 to 7156). The upcoming year has some higher expectations and momentum off a surprisingly competitive year, I think UW could exceed the 2011/2012 attendance of 8256. I think everyone would be happy to get to and sustain 10000 min.

Interestingly, when looking at the B7 teams, the Friday to Saturday difference was about 3000. The Saturday B7 games all had over 10000 except MSU. N/C non-exhibition games averaged 5100 and B7 games averaged 8800. So how does UW increase N/C attendance and Friday night B7 attendance? My head always goes to ticket prices. I know if N/C or Friday prices were less, I could/would attend more.

Attendance was up 18% when the team had low expectations (6086 to 7156). The upcoming year has some higher expectations and momentum off a surprisingly competitive year, I think UW could exceed the 2011/2012 attendance of 8256. I think everyone would be happy to get to and sustain 10000 min.

Interestingly, when looking at the B7 teams, the Friday to Saturday difference was about 3000. The Saturday B7 games all had over 10000 except MSU. N/C non-exhibition games averaged 5100 and B7 games averaged 8800. So how does UW increase N/C attendance and Friday night B7 attendance? My head always goes to ticket prices. I know if N/C or Friday prices were less, I could/would attend more.
    Ticket pricing is an issue not only Friday relative to Saturday, but row one to row 30 off the ice. A model where essentially all ticket prices are the same regardless of location (save required Badger Fund donation level which in hockey amounts to a few dollars per ticket on average) is flawed. I know they do some different promotions where you can get tickets discounted with some food/drinks thrown in, but having a 3rd level non first row or two seat for $15 face value up front might get more folks to pony up for season tickets as opposed to just grabbing a couple games on a package/incentive. The world has changed from the days in the coliseum where many games you were not going to be able to get a ticket and even into the early years into the Kohl where you were going to struggle to get a decent ticket (to me the last 2-3000 seats to sell in the Kohl are awful to watch a game from (upper ends)). Even with the program trending the right direction, we are a ways away from having to get season tickets to be able to see several games from decent seats and including a better opponent or two....plenty of good seats still available.

The nonconference will struggle by virtue of they are front loaded and the mindset is still football or even bounceyball at that point of the year. BC and UNO were intriguing to me as a hockey guy, but UNO is not exciting a casual fan and N Michigan, and Merrimack even less so. I know you have to schedule some wins and stat sheet stuffer games and can't play only the ilk of North Dakota, Denver, Duluth, BU, OOC, but one fewer of the Merrimack's for one of the marquee teams will help especially during the part of the year you play those OOC games.

Looks like some schedule/ticket information is starting to leak out.

Here is the season ticket website.

They outline the packages as:
    Face-Off package season tickets will cost $210 and contain nine regular season home games and two B1G tournament quarterfinal home games*. Slap-Shot package season tickets will cost $215 and contain ten regular season home games and one B1G tournament quarterfinal home game*.
    *Playoff games 1 and 3 are Face-Off, game 2 is Slap-Shot*

This tells me that season ticket prices remain at $20 for regular season games to go with the $15 playoff games.
    This also tells me that there will be an exhibition game included in the Slap-Shot package (don't necessarily know what day of the week it would fall on) that will be included at the full $20 price.

We already know that the home opponents will be the 6 other B1G teams (now including Notre Dame) as well as NoDak, St Lawrence, Mercyhurst.
    I would guess that the 1 exhibition would be the U-18 squad, but haven't seen/heard anything official on that yet.

Information that is confirmed through various sources is:
    Home vs OSU 6-7 Oct
    Away vs BC 13 Oct
    Away vs Merrimack 14 Oct
    Away vs NMU (in Green Bay) 20-21 Oct
    Home vs NoDak 3-4 Nov

Let's go RED!

Schedule will be released tomorrow. Is that early or around the normal time of the year?

Schedule will be released tomorrow. Is that early or around the normal time of the year?
    A little earlier than last year. Last year the non conference schedule came out May 20th, with the big ten schedule coming out June 2nd.

I believe game times weren't announced until September though.

Looks like I'll be paying a visit in October

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...92cc94f8d.html
    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Hey my Friday ticket partner had a baby and can't split tix this year.
    Anyone interested in splitting 2 tickets on Friday package?

Sad Panda
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin

Still waiting for all of the flight pricing, but really want to bring the Mrs. back up to Madison for the UND series on November 3rd and 4th.

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature

Hopefully the process of building the fanbase will make progress this year, but in terms of attendance figures, I'll keep my expectations low -- we've got a pretty front-heavy home schedule for 2017-18.

Let's go RED!

I like the fact that they get started and keep rolling with the 11 straight weeks, develop good momentum and flow to the season. I also like the B7 games early in the season, that and the sue series could get the attendance jumpstarted. I like it.

Coach Emeritus
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckinwi View Post
    Looks like I'll be paying a visit in October

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...92cc94f8d.html
    Interesting that Tech did not include the HOF game in its schedule announcement. I didn't think you could play in both the HOF and the Ice breaker in the same season.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Craig Smith; the first Badger to move on to the 3rd round this year....Who's next?

Thread Information