Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by bucky15 View Post
    I know this isn't the right thread, but the Daley for Scuderi trade doesn't get enough attention for how awful of a trade that was. It really hurt the Hawks last year in the playoffs, when they had to play Gustaffson instead of......Trevor Daley. Scuderi was a traffic cone with a stick.
    The insult to injury there was you ended up with a cap hit of 1.13 this past season in retained salary in order to offload Scuderi. You trade Sharp and bring back Daley to save some cap and find a replacement for Oduya, your coach won't play Daley in a role he is suited for (14 minutes a game as a third pairing guy is a joke of a coaching decision while instead giving guys like rookies Gustafson/Svedberg, Rozival, and even Ehrhoff all more time on ice per game then Daley), you trade goods you've damaged by not playing him for even worse damaged goods, which you then move on for Ehrhoff and retain salary for. You couldn't make that up and have anyone believe a team, GM, coach could all play their role in such a dysfunctional of a hot mess.

At some point, you would think the GM might ask...hey coach, what do you think of that Trevor Daley guy...would you play him if we end up with him on the team? Like before you trade for him.

Let's go RED!

If G.1 leaves after one season, I will be extremely disappointed. All this "it's a no brainer to come back to WI and coach together" will have been a bit of a sham.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 06-09-2017 at 03:06 PM.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Plenty of good tickets still available for the Geoffrion Hockey Classic on Saturday. http://www.geoffrionhockeyclassic.org/

Fun summer activity to get you out of the heat for a few hours. Lots of silent auction items, past items have included NHL game used jerseys, sticks, gloves, autographed photos and jerseys and hats, random other sports memorabilia.

Chuck-a-Puck after the game to win a jersey from the game.

Money raised goes to UW Health Burn Center. http://www.uwhealth.org/burn-center/burn-center/29458

I also heard somewhere that some of the money may be going to help AJ Degenhardt battle MS. https://www.gofundme.com/aj-degenhardt-fights-ms

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

Quote Originally Posted by KaMiGo View Post
    Plenty of good tickets still available for the Geoffrion Hockey Classic on Saturday. http://www.geoffrionhockeyclassic.org/

Fun summer activity to get you out of the heat for a few hours. Lots of silent auction items, past items have included NHL game used jerseys, sticks, gloves, autographed photos and jerseys and hats, random other sports memorabilia.

Chuck-a-Puck after the game to win a jersey from the game.

Money raised goes to UW Health Burn Center. http://www.uwhealth.org/burn-center/burn-center/29458

I also heard somewhere that some of the money may be going to help AJ Degenhardt battle MS. https://www.gofundme.com/aj-degenhardt-fights-ms
    I hope the novelty isn't wearing off. This is a very fun event and more important, money goes to great causes.
    The Rock - Kessel 2020.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi
    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Athletic dept salaries including men's / women's hockey: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...494841e65.html

What I don't know if how G2O salaries compare to others in NCAA...

Registered College Hockey Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    What I don't know if how G2O salaries compare to others in NCAA...

They were the highest (by far) in the NCAA when they were hired. Someone with more motivation than me could look through the old threads....it was posted somewhere already.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I hope the novelty isn't wearing off. This is a very fun event and more important, money goes to great causes.
    We won't be able to attend, we are leaving that AM for our annual St. Germain trip. It's a little sad, I miss LaBahn and that event is a lot of fun.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Sad Panda
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin

Well, it's done...

https://twitter.com/brian_posick/sta...71253309329409

Don has been hired by Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Well, it's done...

https://twitter.com/brian_posick/sta...71253309329409

Don has been hired by Chicago.
    I'll be honest, this is a bitter pill to swallow after one year. I figured 5, 6, 7 years down the road, not 1 friggin year. Al the BS about working together, friends, blah blah blah

I'll be honest, this is a bitter pill to swallow after one year. I figured 5, 6, 7 years down the road, not 1 friggin year. Al the BS about working together, friends, blah blah blah
    Maybe having big brother as his boss, wasn't what he thought it was going to be.

Plus, it's the NHL and a team that has won 3 cups very recently. I would imagine that would be tough to pass.

Edit: link to article

http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2017...ant-coach-2017

Quote Originally Posted by [url
    http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2017/6/15/15809204/don-granato-wisconsin-blackhawks-assistant-coach-2017[/url]
    Sounds like GM and Coach fireworks and that is never a good situation to be in. I guess somehow that is better than working with your former teammate and brother. Makes no sense.

And we better come up with a new thread name. Now it is just GO.

Sounds like GM and Coach fireworks and that is never a good situation to be in. I guess somehow that is better than working with your former teammate and brother. Makes no sense.
    Hometown NHL team, not traveling around all summer watching select tournaments and recruiting. I can see the appeal.

Hometown NHL team, not traveling around all summer watching select tournaments and recruiting. I can see the appeal.
    Just makes all the PR from the hiring last spring sound hollow in my opinion.

Blood Boiling with Rage and Hate Almington's Avatar
    Maybe having big brother as his boss, wasn't what he thought it was going to be.
    Might also being an assistant coach at the college level wasn't a right fit for him. So much of the job is solo travel and building recruiting relationships, where at most other levels coaching is much more about interacting with pre-selected players on a daily basis.

The key now is to find a young upstart coach who Oz can teach his recruiting magic to.

Sad Panda

From following Oz on twitter, it certainly seems like he enjoys the travel and recruiting. Hope he wants to stick around for a while.

Blood Boiling with Rage and Hate Almington's Avatar
    Just makes all the PR from the hiring last spring sound hollow in my opinion.
    Sometimes reality just doesn't match what you thought the dream would be.

Drunkard

The Chicago Blackhawks: undermining hockey in Wisconsin since whenever it was Lloyd Pettit wanted to get the NHL in Milwaukee.

Sad Panda

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    The Chicago Blackhawks: undermining hockey in Wisconsin since whenever it was Lloyd Pettit wanted to get the NHL in Milwaukee.
    Ok. That made me a laugh.

Thread Information