X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    I guess it all depends on how you qualify it.

I was simply pointing out that attendance is higher this year than last (by a good margin), that we are ahead of Minnesota for this year (always worth the effort to throw a jab at them during Border Battle week), and that we are on pace to be ahead of another recent previous yer.

Speaking of taking a jab at Minnesota, how can the "State of Hockey" not sell out every game?!?

If you want to look at it based on capacity then we can all look up to the hockey powerhouses of Penn State and Quinnipiac who are above their capacities. Other programs that we could aspire to be like are Mercyhurst, Union, Yale, Cornell, Clarkson, Vermont, and Merrimack as they are above 90% too. [/snark]
    Good points, and......

It's a hella lot easier to put near capacity in a +/- 10,000 seat arena than it is in a 15,000+/- arena...AND the self appointed state of hockey SHOULD sell out all games. They have the Wild for competition, but their population is also much larger than Madison's.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Here is some good/interesting news for you...

Looking at season attendance so far, Wisconsin is averaging 9,987. Up from last year's average of 8,849 by 12.9%

If they stay at this level for the last weekend, and if anything it should go up with a good team playing for conference tournament seeding, they will eclipse the average from the 2012-2013 season when there was an average of 9,950 paying fans.

Oh, and we are still ahead of Minnesota in attendance, they are only pulling in 9,464
      I have seen Gopher games on TV this year. I don't think they are getting near amount. Lots of empty seats.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I guess it all depends on how you qualify it.

I was simply pointing out that attendance is higher this year than last (by a good margin), that we are ahead of Minnesota for this year (always worth the effort to throw a jab at them during Border Battle week), and that we are on pace to be ahead of another recent previous yer.

Speaking of taking a jab at Minnesota, how can the "State of Hockey" not sell out every game?!?

If you want to look at it based on capacity then we can all look up to the hockey powerhouses of Penn State and Quinnipiac who are above their capacities. Other programs that we could aspire to be like are Mercyhurst, Union, Yale, Cornell, Clarkson, Vermont, and Merrimack as they are above 90% too. [/snark]
        Minnesota fans think The Big Ten is boring. We haven't lost a regular season championship yet. At least we bothered to show up and play the last few years, unlike Wisconsin.
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Gameday!!!

Comment

Off topic women's question: we got tickets for the playoff game tonight, and they are general admission. Where are those located in Labahn?

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
              Off topic women's question: we got tickets for the playoff game tonight, and they are general admission. Where are those located in Labahn?
              I'm pretty sure all seats are general admission. First come, best seats.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

As a season ticket holder, I can confirm they all are general admission. I'll be sitting behind the Maverick bench on the glass wearing an old style felmet wearing a women's home jersey with my son and daughter. Stop in and say hey if you are so inclined. On Wisconsin!

Kinda sucks I'll miss the rodent/UW tilt being at the UW women's game, I'll fire up the DVR and watch later, maybe Saturday am.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  As a season ticket holder, I can confirm they all are general admission. I'll be sitting behind the Maverick bench on the glass wearing an old style felmet wearing a women's home jersey with my son and daughter. Stop in and say hey if you are so inclined. On Wisconsin!

Kinda sucks I'll miss the rodent/UW tilt being at the UW women's game, I'll fire up the DVR and watch later, maybe Saturday am.
                  Do your kids put some distance between them and you? Kidding of course. In my much younger days at the Coliseum depending on my brandy BAC level, I would wear a fire fighter helmet with a rotating red light and siren for goals. I know there were a few times when people thought my girlfriend, now Mrs. MCR, was my "handler".

At LaBahn stream it on your smart phone, if you have one. Use BTN2Go or the "FOX Sports GO" app. Wish the ladies luck!

Comment

Thanks for the info....We just got to town, taking the daughter and her her friends to Ella's for a quick bite. What time is a good time to get there for good seats?

Comment

I'd be happy to talk women's hockey here. The Wisconsin thread on the women's hockey forum has been a pain to sift through lately.

Comment

Think we have the right coaching staff? Can't wait to see what they will do in couple years with their own recruits!
                        Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky! View Post
                          Think we have the right coaching staff? Can't wait to see what they will do in couple years with their own recruits!
                          H*** Yes!

Comment

Badgers played one period well and beat the goofers. Season split at worst. Super entertaining game. Berry outstanding.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Goosebumps thinking of that.

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              Badgers played one period well and beat the goofers. Season split at worst. Super entertaining game. Berry outstanding.
                              Minnesota missed at least 5 open nets tonight. Badgers got some lucky bounces (and rolls if you consider the puck that rolled along the goal line) and got the win.

Coming into the weekend, a split would have been a good result....but now a sweep is a real possibility.

Here's to hoping that tomorrow nights game is as fun as this one was.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                I have seen Gopher games on TV this year. I don't think they are getting near amount. Lots of empty seats.
                                No kidding, but that's what happens when your athletic dept has to sell out and go corporate seating to pay the bills. There's times I've flipped the channels and noticed a gopher game and had to double check and make sure it wasn't a women's game because the lower bowl was only 1/3 filled.

That was a great win tonight btw! A few weekends ago I thought the Gophers were the much better team both games even though it was a split. Didn't see that last night. Shots were tilted, but quality shots were about the same. I hope Berry starts again, but I don't see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X