This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Lack of scoring touch killed them in the end. Really need to scrap the d core and start over. Keep Greenway and Tischke. Find recruits that can make a fast decision with the puck and execute it.

Hope to god Kunin and Frederic are back.

Comment

Nothing embarrassing about that loss. Jones stops 52 and a lot of high quality chances. Just couldn't get the puck to go in the net.

Proud of these guys and proud to be a Badger. Time to wonder who will be back.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        Well we had our chances. You miss so many, then boom. I hate Ped St for so many reasons, but props to the players. I will never congratulate that school for anything. **** em...here's to an early exit.
        Seriously, I don't care who isn't there anymore, that entire department has a permanent spot on my **** list.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

If we could've had someone who knew how to poach around on Jones' backdoor or troll around the slot for one of those centering passes that went to nobody, we'd have won this game in regulation by a two goal margin.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

• FWIW...

Comment

DVR'd the game with an extra hour of recording. It's now almost 1:30 AM and my recording ended just after the first overtime. Went online to find out UW lost...can't believe it. They had so many chances.

I've learned my lesson and set the DVR for 2 extra hours of recording for the women's game tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                FWIW...

Robbie Earl said something similar.

I'll believe it when the puck drops next season and he's in Madison.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                  Really need to scrap the d core and start over. Keep Greenway and Tischke. Find recruits that can make a fast decision with the puck and execute it.

Hope to god Kunin and Frederic are back.
                  For me the key guys that need to come back are Kunin and Hughes. I just don't see Frederic as a flight risk as he is an 18 year old frosh and while a good player....not nearly good enough to have any chance of sticking in the NHL. Very little reason for Boston to yank him out of college and have a 19 year old busing it with adults in the AHL. Speaking of Boston....they do scare me with Hughes mainly because he is a junior and teams get nervous about letting guys play through their senior year and then maybe wait them out and end up as a free agent in Aug after they graduate.

On D Tischke and Linhart are a solid start and Greenway can not possibly improve mentally (he really can't be that bad decision making as a sophomore....right?). Inamoto should give Oz a higher end young guy to mold and Kalynuk is a guy that should hit the ground running as a 20 year old freshman with 3 full years of USHL under his belt. The following year, you replace Linhart with 2 or 3 stud frosh dman and things will be back to normal at Dman U.

Comment

Jones had a great game.

Every time the announcers started to mention the PState should be getting tired, they started to skate faster and harder. Wish it would of ended better, but Berry had a good series. He had a good first season in goal. Should have a promising career at UW.

So is there any chance that the committee selects UW for NCAA?

Comment

Well guys, it's that time of year again. The current season is over and it's time to think about next year. G2O did a lot this year to give myself faith that this team will compete for conference title and national titles in years to come. Last nights loss was a tough pill to take but with what G2O has lined up, a national championship team is on the horizon. So saying that, here is my way too early 2017-18 line combinations. I used the most likely scenario for departures.

Johnson-Frederic-Weissbach. Pure scoring line
                      S. Dhooghe-Hughes-Zimmer. Some grit but offensive upside
                      Ford-Malone-Wagner. More offensive skills than line 2 but a solid 3rd
                      Ustaski-Baker-J. Dhooghe. Same as line 2

Obviously I did not include Kunin as to you have to believe he'll sign. However, it wouldn't surprise me if G2O somehow convinces him to stay.

Defensive pairings are as follows:

Kalynuk-Tischke. Great D-men, hopefully Tischke doesn't go pro
                      Inamoto-Linhart. A solid 2, have to limit turnovers
                      Greenway-Davison/Ess

I have Ess as a maybe giving the fact that Milweski eluded to it earlier this season.

Berry
                      Jurusik
                      Blomquist

Berry is my #1 going into next year by far.

As to the question marks on the team. G2O stated from the get go that if they didn't believe you were good enough, you won't stick around. With that being said, Labosky and Sexton are on the chopping block. Both hardly played and no sense having them on the team if they never crack the line up. Freytag and Zirbel are good but if G2O decides to bring in guys like Messner or Cruikshank next year, they could be next out the door. Hurley and Bunz were never expected to play much and are using next to zero scholarship money I would think, I believe they will stay.

There it is, my way too early look into next year. Critique it, correct it, or give me your outlook.

On Wisconsin
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS
                      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• How good are Kalynuk, Inamoto and Weissbach?

Comment

I've been thinking Frederic is your typical 2-year player, but my guess is as good as anyone else's.

I'm really hoping Greenway can take that next step that you'd hope for from an 18-year-old freshman D-man with upside. After all, we've got another 18-year-old, probably mid-round draft pick defenseman from the NTDP coming in next year!

Comment

• Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                            How good are Kalynuk, Inamoto and Weissbach?
                            Kalynuk is more of an offensive defenseman, Inamoto may have some hiccups like Greenway but a good D-man, and Weissbach can score and he has a ton of speed.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS
                            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                              For me the key guys that need to come back are Kunin and Hughes. I just don't see Frederic as a flight risk as he is an 18 year old frosh and while a good player....not nearly good enough to have any chance of sticking in the NHL. Very little reason for Boston to yank him out of college and have a 19 year old busing it with adults in the AHL. Speaking of Boston....they do scare me with Hughes mainly because he is a junior and teams get nervous about letting guys play through their senior year and then maybe wait them out and end up as a free agent in Aug after they graduate.

On D Tischke and Linhart are a solid start and Greenway can not possibly improve mentally (he really can't be that bad decision making as a sophomore....right?). Inamoto should give Oz a higher end young guy to mold and Kalynuk is a guy that should hit the ground running as a 20 year old freshman with 3 full years of USHL under his belt. The following year, you replace Linhart with 2 or 3 stud frosh dman and things will be back to normal at Dman U.

I think mark nails my thoughts as well here. Just based on what the NHL has done in the past, Hughes could be the top flight risk. Which would make me sad because he is a guy that has really improved his game each year he's been here and I'd love to have him back to see if he couldn't do it again and be a dominating player as a Senior.

With Kunin, well, he's in the same boat as Kerdiles, but I question whether he's as far along as Nic was. He has a much better shot, but I feel like his whole game needs another gear yet. Evidenced maybe by his lower production against top competition. For example in the last 6 games vs. OSU/PSU he's 2g 1a 3pts. On the other hand, given the right linemates in the NHL I don't doubt he could score right now at that level. On yet another other hand I'm not sure he fits into the Wild line up at the moment, plus I believe the Wild have two other 1st rounders in the system. At the time Kerdiles left it actually looked like he'd have a pretty good shot of making the big club. Somebody that follows the Wild closer than I do could perhaps make a better guess at Kunin's chances? But if chances aren't great I just don't believe in college guys Kunin's age leaving expressly to go grind it out in the AHL.

Might be wishful thinking, but I have some hope that Kunin comes back for unfinished business. Unless he's going straight to the Big Club, I think he should stay.

I'd be shocked to see Freddy go.

Greenway and Tischke could be a very small risk. With Greenway, you just hope he's happy here. He'd still be eligible to go play Major Juniors like Dougherty did should he so choose. If he can work his *** off in the off season, he could really be something special. Funny thing about him right now is that the coaches have raved about how well he sees, thinks, and understands the game. Occasionally it seems that way and yet sometimes it just seems like his brain goes in neutral. I don't get it. Tischke's progress has been impressive and while probably unlikely, it's not totally inconceivable he could field offers.

I like Inamoto a lot. He's going to be like Tischke, but better I think.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

It looks like both of the Badger teams had power failures this weekend. Disappointing, especially the ladies. Oy.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X