X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Looks like Shuchuk won't be back at Tech. Can't say that I am surprised.
    That's a bummer. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

G2O might be going to G?O

Just saw this on Twitter:

Craig Morgan

@craigsmorgan
      Also hearing the Blackhawks could be adding current Wisconsin Badgers Associate Coach & Chicago area native Don Granato in some capacity.
      8:10 AM - 7 Jun 2017

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post

Craig Morgan

@craigsmorgan
        Also hearing the Blackhawks could be adding current Wisconsin Badgers Associate Coach & Chicago area native Don Granato in some capacity.
        I was afraid this might happen down the road, but if it comes true, it's WAY, WAY, too soon. The program needs stability right now. I know their assistant coach Mike Kitchen got whacked, but I never even thought about a local replacement.
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-07-2017, 03:12 PM.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

from Todd Milewski

Something to watch on the #Badgers men's hockey front. From what I've been able to gather today, nothing has been decided.

But that means this thing has legs. Can't believe Don would have come for one year only. Makes no sense.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            from Todd Milewski

Something to watch on the #Badgers men's hockey front. From what I've been able to gather today, nothing has been decided.

But that means this thing has legs. Can't believe Don would have come for one year only. Makes no sense.
            One year wouldn't make much sense and you would have thought that they would have tried to make getting out of the contract harder, but who knows.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              I was afraid this might happen down the road, but if it comes true, it's WAY, WAY, too soon. The program needs stability right now. I know their assistant coach Mike Kitchen got whacked, but I never even thought about a local replacement.
              Kitchen has been replaced by Ulf Samuelsson who is a Quenneville buddy. The dysfunction that is the Blackhawks has them potential adding an extra assistant that will be a "Bowman hire". Maybe that is Don's role?
              Last edited by markwojo; 06-07-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Kitchen has been replaced by Ulf Samuelsson who is a Quenneville buddy. The dysfunction that is the Blackhawks has them potential adding an extra assistant that will be a "Bowman hire". Maybe that is Don's role?
                Thanks, I didn't know that! Ulf was one of the first "nasty" Swedes; not many of those.

As long as I'm here, wouldn't be cool to have an NHL pre-season game at KC? Wild, Blackhawks, Red Wings, Blues, somebody from around here.
                In 1988 the Blackhawks played the Flames at the Coliseum; I have pictures!

Get on that, boys.
                Last edited by MadCityRich; 06-07-2017, 04:48 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post

Craig Morgan

@craigsmorgan
                  That's a major bummer if he leaves after just one season. Who the heck would they replace him with?
                  Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I would hope Don Granato looks at the cons of the Hawks and passes in the end. The pros are having a position with your hometown team that is among the stronger teams in the league the last decade. The negatives are ending up square in middle of a GM and coach that often are not on the same page. The GM fired an assistant which was close with the coach where that coach reacted publically with his disappointment in that firing. The coach is allowed to hire someone he has close ties to as the replacement and then there is talk of a 3rd assistant that the GM is supposed to be the one selecting. This is the same dysfunctional situation which saw Barry Smith being brought into the organization and then some tension over what his role would be around the team and the same team that saw the GM make a trade for Trevor Daley to then see the coach bury him in the third pairing until he asked for a trade to then end up on a Cup winner and currently sitting a couple wins away from back to back Cups. I'm sure the Hawks money is good, home is good, NHL level is good...but being the 3rd assistant in a dysfunctional mess doesn't seem like a wise career move.

Comment

I would hope Don Granato looks at the cons of the Hawks and passes in the end. The pros are having a position with your hometown team that is among the stronger teams in the league the last decade. The negatives are ending up square in middle of a GM and coach that often are not on the same page. The GM fired an assistant which was close with the coach where that coach reacted publically with his disappointment in that firing. The coach is allowed to hire someone he has close ties to as the replacement and then there is talk of a 3rd assistant that the GM is supposed to be the one selecting. This is the same dysfunctional situation which saw Barry Smith being brought into the organization and then some tension over what his role would be around the team and the same team that saw the GM make a trade for Trevor Daley to then see the coach bury him in the third pairing until he asked for a trade to then end up on a Cup winner and currently sitting a couple wins away from back to back Cups. I'm sure the Hawks money is good, home is good, NHL level is good...but being the 3rd assistant in a dysfunctional mess doesn't seem like a wise career move.
                      I know this isn't the right thread, but the Daley for Scuderi trade doesn't get enough attention for how awful of a trade that was. It really hurt the Hawks last year in the playoffs, when they had to play Gustaffson instead of......Trevor Daley. Scuderi was a traffic cone with a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                        I know this isn't the right thread, but the Daley for Scuderi trade doesn't get enough attention for how awful of a trade that was. It really hurt the Hawks last year in the playoffs, when they had to play Gustaffson instead of......Trevor Daley. Scuderi was a traffic cone with a stick.
                        The insult to injury there was you ended up with a cap hit of 1.13 this past season in retained salary in order to offload Scuderi. You trade Sharp and bring back Daley to save some cap and find a replacement for Oduya, your coach won't play Daley in a role he is suited for (14 minutes a game as a third pairing guy is a joke of a coaching decision while instead giving guys like rookies Gustafson/Svedberg, Rozival, and even Ehrhoff all more time on ice per game then Daley), you trade goods you've damaged by not playing him for even worse damaged goods, which you then move on for Ehrhoff and retain salary for. You couldn't make that up and have anyone believe a team, GM, coach could all play their role in such a dysfunctional of a hot mess.

At some point, you would think the GM might ask...hey coach, what do you think of that Trevor Daley guy...would you play him if we end up with him on the team? Like before you trade for him.

Comment

If G.1 leaves after one season, I will be extremely disappointed. All this "it's a no brainer to come back to WI and coach together" will have been a bit of a sham.
                          Last edited by Timothy A; 06-09-2017, 02:06 PM.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Plenty of good tickets still available for the Geoffrion Hockey Classic on Saturday. http://www.geoffrionhockeyclassic.org/

Fun summer activity to get you out of the heat for a few hours. Lots of silent auction items, past items have included NHL game used jerseys, sticks, gloves, autographed photos and jerseys and hats, random other sports memorabilia.

Chuck-a-Puck after the game to win a jersey from the game.

Money raised goes to UW Health Burn Center. http://www.uwhealth.org/burn-center/burn-center/29458

I also heard somewhere that some of the money may be going to help AJ Degenhardt battle MS. https://www.gofundme.com/aj-degenhardt-fights-ms

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                              Plenty of good tickets still available for the Geoffrion Hockey Classic on Saturday. http://www.geoffrionhockeyclassic.org/

Fun summer activity to get you out of the heat for a few hours. Lots of silent auction items, past items have included NHL game used jerseys, sticks, gloves, autographed photos and jerseys and hats, random other sports memorabilia.

Chuck-a-Puck after the game to win a jersey from the game.

Money raised goes to UW Health Burn Center. http://www.uwhealth.org/burn-center/burn-center/29458

I also heard somewhere that some of the money may be going to help AJ Degenhardt battle MS. https://www.gofundme.com/aj-degenhardt-fights-ms
                              I hope the novelty isn't wearing off. This is a very fun event and more important, money goes to great causes.

Comment

Athletic dept salaries including men's / women's hockey: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...494841e65.html

What I don't know if how G2O salaries compare to others in NCAA...
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X