This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

From what I gathered, sounded like Bucky had control the whole 60 minutes tonight.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
      From what I gathered, sounded like Bucky had control the whole 60 minutes tonight.
      It was glorious. Outshot them 43-11.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
        It was glorious. Outshot them 43-11.
        Sounds like they got a good outcome from the loss on Friday night then. I like that response!
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          Sounds like they got a good outcome from the loss on Friday night then. I like that response!
          It sounds like CTG had some words for the boys. Without a doubt, there was some cursing in Italian involved!
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

St. Lawrence comes to Madison as the only team without a win or tie (Ivy league yet to begin play). They also bring a frightening offense ranked last overall, and an even scarier team defense ranked 50th out of 54. Congrats on the sweep next weekend!

In all seriousness, having seen Hayton elevate his play for "high stakes" games, I truly don't expect SLU to come out of MadTown with even a tie.

Comment

Watched the replay this morning. Badgers with total domination all over the ice. Just unrecognizable as the team that played Friday.

I'll be shocked if NMU's Robbie Payne doesn't get assessed a game by the league. Charging, leading with the elbow, leaves his feet, blow to the head... How it wasn't a five is a reflection of how terribly inconsistent the refs were this weekend. (again, both ways) I hope either they get much better, or we don't see that crew again this year. I'm sure Tischke was concussed and will go on protocol, so who knows when he'll be back... Hopefully he is ok and recovers completely... Just hate to see that.

Hat's off to the other five D that played 2+ periods without Peter. Tony singled out Kalynuk and Linhart, but they were all really good. Inamoto with his best game was really a force in his own end.

PK was really aggressive, PP was shooting the puck, causing good things to happen. Sometimes tough for a goalie to play a game like this where he gets so little action, but Berry kept his head in it, was ready, and was great on some grade A chances.

Wags had his best game, Hughes had his best game. Wags and Freddy ate a ton of minutes as did Linhart. I thought S. Dhooghe easily had his best game. Still pointless, but he helped create some good chances and wasn't just a placeholder out there. Thought Zirbel was really good at winning battles and getting the puck. Baker was good again. J. Dhooghe is a competitor.

It is tough to decide who to play... There are a couple of guys on the 4th each week that could play top 6 on 90% of teams.

Terrible Friday -- Awesome Saturday. Let's be good on Friday too and this team could go places.
              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 10-22-2017, 11:10 AM.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

Terrible Friday -- Awesome Saturday. Let's be good on Friday too and this team could go places.
                I'll have to do a weekend road trip to watch a series with you down on the Gulf Coast. It's a sacrifice, but one I'm willing to make.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  I'll have to do a weekend road trip to watch a series with you down on the Gulf Coast. It's a sacrifice, but one I'm willing to make.
                  Great, but just so we're clear, the Burrito coupons were a one time only offer!
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

After Friday's debacle, I suspected TG might give Berry a start Saturday. It could not have worked out better. Can anyone who saw the Friday game comment on how well Hayton played? I only heard the end of the 3rd and the OT on the radio and he made some big saves during that time.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      After Friday's debacle, I suspected TG might give Berry a start Saturday. It could not have worked out better. Can anyone who saw the Friday game comment on how well Hayton played? I only heard the end of the 3rd and the OT on the radio and he made some big saves during that time.
                      I was there. He was definitely the softest I've seen thus far this year - actually uncharacteristically so. Missed two over his shoulder that seemed like easy glove catches from my vantage. Was glad they brought in Jack for game 2 just to give Hayton a break and allow him to reset before St. Lawrence comes to Madison.

Comment

I agree that there were a couple given up on Friday that you really have to get from your goalie. It's nice when they make some spectacular play after you hang them out to dry, but really, if a goalie just makes all the ones he should make, you're mostly going to get the result you deserve from how you play in front of him.

Kyle was probably better late and made some big stops, most notably stoning Rockwood on a breakaway in OT. In retrospect, I'd just as soon Rocky scored there. Would have been big for him personally to net the GWG against his old team, since 20 seconds later we gave it up anyway.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Oof...I just remembered that this upcoming series is against St Lawrence, coinciding with freak fest, and it's 2017. Get ready for the return of the ever-popular "dress up like an empty seat" night.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            Oof...I just remembered that this upcoming series is against St Lawrence, coinciding with freak fest, and it's 2017. Get ready for the return of the ever-popular "dress up like an empty seat" night.
                            They really need the sweep this weekend. Let's hope they can string 3, 4, 5 quality games together. Need to get rid of the inconsistency for the bulk of the Big Ten schedule.

I miss another Friday game due to level 2 HS football playoffs.
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Good news is that Peter Tischke seems likely to play this weekend, so apparently he wasn't concussed. Tony posted this pic yesterday with Jim Leonhard and the team:

Zoomed in and while it could just be the lighting, it looks like the left side of Peter's face is pretty banged up. I also note the absence of JD in the pic. His locker has equipment in it, but it doesn't appear he's participating with the team to me. I assume if it was medical or academic we'd know, so really, I don't even want to know what's keeping him out.

Anybody can beat anybody as evidenced by AIC beating PSU last week. Saints are 0-6, facing their old goalie that left them behind, and the #5 Badgers. I don't think there's any doubt they'll be very motivated Friday. We'll see if last Saturday was a legitimate step forward as it appeared to be, or just the boys getting cranked up after Tischke got bushwhacked.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                Maybe if you dress up like an empty seat they would just let you in for free.

Agreed they need to string some wins together and play consistently. That NM loss isn't sitting well.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X