X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
    Based on UW’s last couple trips out to Boston, he’ll reach hockey savant status as long as he can keep the BC game close.
    Under Granato, they play better away from the Kohl center. We will see if that continues. i hope it does.

Game time and any TV tonight / tomorrow?
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Under Granato, they play better away from the Kohl center. We will see if that continues. i hope it does.

Game time and any TV tonight / tomorrow?
      ESPN3.com at 6 CST tonight.
      No TV tomorrow and 6 CST again.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Vs. Merrimack will stream here beginning at 5:30 CST. Appears to me to be a $6.95 24hr pass that is non-renewing. I don't think that's too bad.

Big PWR implications down the road in tonight's game. BC will be pretty good this year and a road win tonight could be a significant boost by the time March rolls around. I think the boys played the first 30+ minutes of Saturday's game well enough to beat any team in the country. Bring more of that tonight and they'll be fine. Play like last Friday and it will be another Boston massacre.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Former Badger Luke Kunin called up to the Wild. Former Gopher Mike Reilly sent down.

Makes perfect sense to me.
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Alright, I'll be "that guy." The times you guys listed are for CDT, which is an hour ahead of CST. I realize this matters more for Mountain Time (AZ specifically) than Central Time, but that mistake is a pet peeve of mine.

While I'm being a knowitall jerkface, "Super Bowl" has always been two words, singular nouns get apostrophe+S, and turf is grass.

Phew.

Врерёд, Wisconsin!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
              Alright, I'll be "that guy." The times you guys listed are for CDT, which is an hour ahead of CST. I realize this matters more for Mountain Time (AZ specifically) than Central Time, but that mistake is a pet peeve of mine.

While I'm being a knowitall jerkface, "Super Bowl" has always been two words, singular nouns get apostrophe+S, and turf is grass.

Phew.

Врерёд, Wisconsin!

Turns out the game is at 7 for me and gwhinwi! But I aim to please:

Go Badger'S! Beat the Eagle'S!
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post

Turns out the game is at 7 for me and gwhinwi! But I aim to please:

Go Badger'S! Beat the Eagle'S!
                I...*twitch*...meant...*twitch*...possessive...*ex plodes*

Comment

No plans this evening, so I think I'll check out ESPN3 on the tablet while watching games on Center Ice.

#HN@MCR's. 🏒
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

So let's take a look at what we know about the opponents for this weekend.

Boston College (0-0-1) USCHO Poll 13
                    - predicted to finish 4th in HEA
                    - won an exhibition 4-2
                    - tied with (14) Quinnipiac 1-1, scored only goal on a 3rd period PP
                    - starting goalkeeper stopped 27 of 28 shots in OT tie
                    - no seniors on the team, and people think UW had lopsided recruiting issues

Merrimack (0-1-1) USCHO Poll NR
                    - predicted to finish 9th in HEA
                    - took a 1-2 L and a 2-2 T at Colgate to open the season
                    - returns 5 of top 6 scorers, but that doesn't mean much, they were 46th nationally in scoring last year
                    - returns a shaky goaltender, gave up 3 or more goals in almost half of his games
                    - plays a solid OOC schedule; UW, UMD, Denver/CC

I think UW will have stiff competition against BC, game should be within 1 goal, but should have a better outing against Merrimack and win by 3

I'll take a UW sweep; UW 3 - BC 2, UW 4 - MC 1

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                      So let's take a look at what we know about the opponents for this weekend.

Boston College (0-0-1) USCHO Poll 13
                      - predicted to finish 4th in HEA
                      - won an exhibition 4-2
                      - tied with (14) Quinnipiac 1-1, scored only goal on a 3rd period PP
                      - starting goalkeeper stopped 27 of 28 shots in OT tie
                      - no seniors on the team, and people think UW had lopsided recruiting issues

Merrimack (0-1-1) USCHO Poll NR
                      - predicted to finish 9th in HEA
                      - took a 1-2 L and a 2-2 T at Colgate to open the season
                      - returns 5 of top 6 scorers, but that doesn't mean much, they were 46th nationally in scoring last year
                      - returns a shaky goaltender, gave up 3 or more goals in almost half of his games
                      - plays a solid OOC schedule; UW, UMD, Denver/CC

I think UW will have stiff competition against BC, game should be within 1 goal, but should have a better outing against Merrimack and win by 3

I'll take a UW sweep; UW 3 - BC 2, UW 4 - MC 1
                      I believe BC had at least 9 early departures from players on their 15-16 roster, which among other even earlier departures, is how they ended up with 13 sophs and no Seniors.
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Labosky is in the lineup and Ustaski is out on the 3rd line. I think everything else is status quo, though I don't have the line-up memorized yet.

Let's go RED! Taking into account both genders of hockey players at UW, let's run the win streak against the Eagles to 2.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Nic Kerdiles also recalled to the Ducks today. He's not even really up as an injury replacement so maybe he'll get a chance to earn some ice time this year.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Man... I Love Mark Strobel.

He might have been born in St. Paul but he's 110% Badger from head to skates.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

AWESOME win tonight. Scoring up and down the lineup. Sweep the east tomorrow.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Great to finally get the win @ BC. All credit to Hayton on this one. He was really good tonight, and the boys cashed in on a few opportunities to get the job done.

Score could have easily been reversed though. Boys didn't have a lot of jump and were pretty sloppy with the puck. BC had the best of play by a good bit, turned us over a LOT and got plenty of good shots off. Even Strength shot attempts were 46-27 BC. BC's speed gave us a lot of trouble all night and while they have a tough schedule ahead, they're going to win significant games this year.

Still a big, big win for the Badgers. Will be tough now to come back against a fresh team tomorrow, but I think the boys can certainly clean things up and play a lot better.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X