This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey G2O - Making UW Hockey Great Again

I'm very curious about JD Greenway's situation...not participating in practice and two shiners may mean he's been disciplined for a fight with a student or students?

I'm very impressed thusfar by Kalynuk, Inamoto, Weissbach and Baker.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Official word from WCHA commissioner is that there will be no additional discipline for the hit on Tishke. They reviewed and said that there was no targeting.

Comment

Was surprised to get an email titled something like "Top 5 Wisconsin Hockey back in Action..." and thought that it must be the women's team.

It's nice to be highly ranked again, but this doesn't feel like a #5 team... yet.

Not saying we can't or won't become that team, but even people in here are saying that we need to string together some wins.

Nothing less than a convincing sweep this weekend should be acceptable.

Comment

Agree that they need to build consistency at a high level as they've been a little erratic. I wouldn't jump off the bus if they dropped a game, but to be considered #5 they do need a sweep.

Personally, I think it will be a real test this weekend because it sets up as a classic trap. Badgers are coming off their best performance of the year while the Saints are 0-6. But keep in mind the Saints have played a very tough schedule, Mich, Penn St, UNDx2, Providence, Lowell. They lost 2-1 to UND in a game they blocked a ton of shots in, and they took a major against Providence and still got to OT before losing 6-5. They've lost but they really haven't been outclassed. They're going to be motivated and tough to play against, so taking them lightly could go wrong in a hurry.

I think a key thing will be how the young D handle the transition back to a big sheet. They can get away with a little more in a small rink, but with more space to operate, getting out of position at the KC can get costly. Hopefully, more space will benefit the Badgers on the other end and they can take advantage of the speed they have up and down the line up to get to the net.

Wins this weekend will set up a a real early season showdown next week, so let's get it done.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Great News!

According to the Varsity article just posted Hayton has received his new Badger helmet. Thank goodness, because that St. Lawrence one was really driving me crazy. Just awful.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              Great News!

According to the Varsity article just posted Hayton has received his new Badger helmet. Thank goodness, because that St. Lawrence one was really driving me crazy. Just awful.
              Probably important it is done before this weekend....
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Great News!

I did see a tweet that Jurusik has his new gear as well (since he was still using his Badger stuff for his current team.)
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                  Oof...I just remembered that this upcoming series is against St Lawrence, coinciding with freak fest, and it's 2017. Get ready for the return of the ever-popular "dress up like an empty seat" night.
                  That's been ****-near every night so far.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    It's been quite a success, hasn't it?

This is a worse-than-normal year to have such a front-loaded home schedule. The main (all-sport) Badgers twitter account has been getting a little more frantic with the "elite goalie playing for this top-5 team against his old team, why on Earth would you not go???" tweets. (Well, that was the gist ) Realistically, It'll take a Frozen Four run. It's hard to wait for that, because a few plays in March could completely shift the direction of the program (as a whole, not as much the on-ice hockey).

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      I haven't been able to catch a game yet due to Friday football and the early evening Saturday games. Going Saturday. Next week nodak looks to be quite a bit more full but I suspect that could be lots of lawn mower throwers.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        I haven't been able to catch a game yet due to Friday football and the early evening Saturday games. Going Saturday. Next week nodak looks to be quite a bit more full but I suspect that could be lots of lawn mower throwers.
                        Speaking of NoDak next weekend, if you're able, pre-register and attend the Friday luncheon at Coliseum Bar that the Wisconsin Hockey Backers organize. I went to a couple last year....very good time.

http://www.wisconsinhockeybackers.com/
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Per Milewski, Tischke and Baker are likely to play but Weissbach is questionable. All 3 were banged up after NMU series.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            Per Milewski, Tischke and Baker are likely to play but Weissbach is questionable. All 3 were banged up after NMU series.
                            I am dying to watch Weissbach play! Errr.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Sounds like it will be:

Hughes Frederic Wagner

Baker Malone Johnson

Zimmer Ustaski S. Dhooghe

Weissbach(?) Ford J. Dhooghe

Tischke Ess

Kalynuk Linhart

Davison Inamoto

Hayton.

I like this line up right now. I think we get way more out of Hughes up top than we do trying to stretch the talent across the lines. Playing with Freddy and Wags he's not waiting for the other guys to do the right things or go to the right spots as he has been in other combos. The start Baker has had makes the top two really formidable. And I think Ustaski has maybe found a home centering the third. He's a better center than wing, and he's not well suited to play 4th line "energy" minutes. It's just not his game. I think this is a great spot for him.

If Weissbach can go, that's great, but it's going to be important to have his speed in the lineup next week so I don't mind if he misses a start here.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

My guide on DirecTV shows Clarkson and Minnesota on Fsn-wi tonight. I really hope that is an error in the guide.

Comment

Working...
                                X