• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.4 - What's a Battle?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    #LockHimUp

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...urce-says.html
    So wait...is Fox now Fake News as well?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I figured CNN and FOX were having a running title belt battle for the last few years.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Freetards have been hating Fox for over a year now, so yes...

If it doesn't agree with the Freep narrative of worshipping "Daddy" Trump, then it's FAKE NEWS!11!!1

Comment

• Well I'm now dumber than I was yesterday. Bang up.
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
            Well I'm now dumber than I was yesterday. Bang up.
            Well, yeah. These threads are libs citing Freep as proof of rightie skulduggery, and cons citing Alex $%($% Jones as proof of leftie skulduggery. The stupidity just leaks through.

Comment

What is Jon Stewart doing these days? Does he lie awake at night over all the material he's having to watch others use with less effect? All that fruit hanging within arm's reach must be driving him nuts.

But maybe his preferred target would not be Fox News or fundies, but the voting public, including his audience.
              Last edited by burd; 02-17-2017, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                But maybe his preferred target would not be Fox News or fundies, but the voting public, including his audience.
                To be fair: we (collectively, regardless of who we voted for) are to blame. While some of the Russia specifics were mere rumor and innuendo, pretty much everything else about Trump is something we knew for a certainty when he was just a candidate.

The inability to form an argument without childish hyperbole, the thin skinned whining, the sensationalist bravado with nothing to support it, the conspiracy theories, the eternal blame for anyone not him, the insistence that he be surrounded by sycophants, and we could go on. This is what he has been his whole life and it absolutely is who he was on the campaign trail.

We don't even need to bicker over traditional conservative v. progressive issues to come to the conclusion that this man is a spectacularly poor choice for a president.

That we allowed him into office says poor things about who we are as American people.
                Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 02-17-2017, 06:27 AM.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  Instead of wearing a tinfoil hat, I just keep getting the Benny Hill music stuck in my head

That's about how I view this administration and this country right now...
                  Why can't it be both?
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    To be fair: we (collectively, regardless of who we voted for) are to blame. While some of the Russia specifics were mere rumor and innuendo, pretty much everything else about Trump is something we knew for a certainty when he was just a candidate.

The inability to form an argument without childish hyperbole, the thin skinned whining, the sensationalist bravado with nothing to support it, the conspiracy theories, the eternal blame for anyone not him, the insistence that he be surrounded by sycophants, and we could go on. This is what he has been his whole life and it absolutely is who he was on the campaign trail.

We don't even need to bicker over traditional conservative v. progressive issues to come to the conclusion that this man is a spectacularly poor choice for a president.

That we allowed him into office says poor things about who we are as American people.
                    Other than "putting 2 in his hat" what could have been done? 3 million more people said no thanks to him in the popular vote.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      Other than "putting 2 in his hat" what could have been done? 3 million more people said no thanks to him in the popular vote.
                      That might beg two different questions, Sonof. One is what could have been done about the vote. The other is what responsibility we all have for the environment that led to the vote. It is no accident that two non-traditional candidates, Bernie and Trump, were major players in this election. I'm not sure the second question is worth discussion or, if so, what the answer is, but it seems to me we all contributed to that environment in one way or another, by act or omission.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Just in case anyone doesn't understand the thread title.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bQz4sk6kuhw

I had forgotten how well this portrayed our last election and everything that's happened since.
                        Nah. Ralph is cheerful like Dubya. Trump is vicious and malicious like Nelson.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Well done, sir or ma'am. This is the most perceptive thing I've seen here in years. If we're going in the honesty track... if anyone wants to help fix this thing, it's essentially simple: Practice the golden rule. Nobody changes their thinking by being mocked. (I'm as guilty as anyone, but I'd like to try to quit)
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

#LockHimUp
                            Interesting that Fox has already cast their lot with Pence. The immediate business of removing Breitbart trumps the mission of reinforcing the Deplorables' Weltanschauung.

It's actually kinda scary that Fox is worried enough about losing the Flag market to Bannon that they're being temporarily responsible and violating their institutional principle of Fluff the Republican.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 02-17-2017, 07:30 AM.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Freetards have been hating Fox for over a year now, so yes...

If it doesn't agree with the Freep narrative of worshipping "Daddy" Trump, then it's FAKE NEWS!11!!1
                              I am not talking about Freepers, I am talking about Trump. He praises them all the time...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                To be fair: we (collectively, regardless of who we voted for) are to blame
                                I don't buy this at all. Trump lies at the feet of his voters. They are to blame. Not the non-voters, and certainly not those who voted against him.

You don't blame a rape equally on the rapist and the victim.

(If you're a Republican you blame it solely on the victim.)
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X