This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.4 - What's a Battle?

I was talking to my dad last night and I asked him if he's ever seen a more chaotic time in his life.

He said that other administrations were pretty crazy in heir first year. Reagan was one he specifically said. But he said he doesn't remember this much fear and chaos since 1968.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      How about finishing the first 100 days task list instead. Or having a full cabinet, and under-secretaries named. Or doing the job you were hired to do.

Full-time campaign mode (including scraping for donations) by elected officials grates on me. Do the < bleep > job. If you do it well you'll get re-elected.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        He said that other administrations were pretty crazy in heir first year.
        We love to talk about our "smooth transitions of power", but they always have their "non-continuities". (That's the nice word for fits, spurts, and major potholes.)
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Alex Jones also says the Colorado College Tigers hockey team is a bunch of federal agents from USAFA scouting out the occupation in places like Grand Forks and Duluth, so even you underestimate the scope of the problem. Alex Jones cares about you, flaggy, which is a good thing, since he may make the drive over from his place in Old Greenwich someday and see you during visitation hours.
          No way this is true, surely they would be better at hockey if there was a massive cover up underway.

Comment

... at least one Western European ally intercepted a series of communications before the inauguration between advisers associated with President Donald Trump and Russian government officials, according to people with direct knowledge of the situation.
            Didn't it come out that US SIGINT/ELINT was monitoring Euro leaders including Merkel et al during the Obama and Bush administrations?

I'd guess the NATO allies spend as much time monitoring each other as the other side.

Spies gonna spy.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              I was talking to my dad last night and I asked him if he's ever seen a more chaotic time in his life.

He said that other administrations were pretty crazy in heir first year. Reagan was one he specifically said. But he said he doesn't remember this much fear and chaos since 1968.
              The fear and chaos in 1968 did not arise out of a transition between administrations, though I doubt that is what your dad was implying, dx. It was a time that is difficult to reconcile or explain--one year from the summer of love, fabulous music, a lot of worthwhile social awareness and participation and, at the same time, much fear and chaos, as your dad said.
              Last edited by burd; 02-16-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                "Two little Hitlers will fight it out until
                One little Hitler does the other one's will"
                ELVIS!! Love it.
                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Spies gonna spy.
                  Yup, but that aint the issue. It's that no matter how the Trumpies try to intimidate or neuter the American IC, there are plenty of other entities out there who probably have their deals with the Russians on tape. Which means:

1) Other countries now know as much or more about the US administration's ties to a foreign power than does the US IC.

2) That puts them in a leverage position.

3) That means all the lies past and future by the Trumpies can be upended at a moment's notice by selective releases of information.

4) Given Trump's out of control ego and self-delusion, that sets up our own allies as his next targets of blame and poutrage.

In other news, oh goody.

President Trump is reigniting his feud with the intelligence community, criticizing it for leaks that led to his decision to oust Michael Flynn as national security adviser.

Trump called Flynn a “wonderful man” and doubled down on his condemnation of the leaks from law enforcement and spy agencies that revealed Flynn misled senior officials in the White House about his conversations with Russia’s ambassador.

“From intelligence, papers are being leaked, things are being leaked; it’s criminal action. It’s a criminal act, and it’s been going on for a long time before me, but now it’s really going on,” Trump said during a joint news conference with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
                  “People are trying to cover up for a terrible loss that the Democrats had under Hillary Clinton,” he continued.
                  This dipsh-t shoudn't be trusted to run a shelter for homeless lemurs let alone the word's only superpower. Lock him up.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The fear and chaos in 1968 did not arise out of a transition between administrations, though I doubt that is what your dad was implying, dx. It was a time that is difficult to reconcile or explain--one year from the summer of love, fabulous music, a lot of worthwhile social awareness and participation and, at the same time, much fear and chaos, as your dad said.
                    Even I'm not old enough to remember this, but PBS had a show on Bonnie and Clyde last night. One of the talking heads spoke about the late 1920's and early 1930's, and how a large segment of our population, beaten down, unemployed, many without homes, etc..., idolized individuals like Bonnie and Clyde, John Dillinger, and Pretty Boy Floyd. The public idolized movie stars who played these types of characters, and essentially rooted for these real life hoods to succeed, notwithstanding the fact these people were criminals, sometimes sadistically cruel and killing their friends and neighbors. I have to imagine that was pretty chaotic.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Correct. It was just a very tumultuous time. One that almost broke the country.

He was lucky enough to turn 18 in 1968 and was able to experience everything while he came of age. Those were his formative years.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The United States sure loves to break the rule about learning from history so you do not repeat it. It's like Groundhog Day every day with this administration.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

New EO on immigration next week! <-- Just reported on Stu Varney on Fox Bidnez Channel

Wait for it. Wa-a-a-ait for it.

PS - ... watch the other hand from now until then ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

New EO on immigration next week!

Wait for it. Wa-a-a-ait for it.
                            Doesn't matter. The Statue of Liberty has already been defecated on. No one is going to clean that up in this administration.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Well until recently it was because you were far and away the craziest person here. But with all this Trump defense and deflection, it seems like your fellow knucks are making you more of a primus inter pares.

You may need to up your game, man.
                              Those who stand out in history, for better or for worse, are considered "crazy" by some. I'm almost assuredly not going to go down in history, nor do I intend on doing so, but these are the makings.

I will, however, recommend looking at the sources provided. You may color yourself surprised. I know I did.

Comment

How about finishing the first 100 days task list instead. Or having a full cabinet, and under-secretaries named. Or doing the job you were hired to do.

Full-time campaign mode (including scraping for donations) by elected officials grates on me. Do the < bleep > job. If you do it well you'll get re-elected.
                                "I was too busy trying to keep my job that I forgot to do my job." -"The American President"

Alls I know is he better get that swamp under control, because it's starting to engulf him. And with Obama sticking around to run a shadow government...

Comment

Working...
                                X