Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2016-17 Part II

Originally posted by bothman View Post
    With all overage players averaging less than a pt/gym, it appears that the Jerry D'amigo types are no longer walking thru that door.

Don't see RPI turning it around quickly given what's on the recruiting slate.
    Cake eater.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
      Not that you asked or care, but my theory is that we are recruiting walk-ones for a new institute hockey strategy. If any make the varsity, great. If not, we'll have a tail kicking club team. If we don't make it to LP, we'll still have a shot at the club regionals.
      I don't think that we have had any recruits end up on the club team although this does make some sense, and the only players who have gone from the club team to the varsity have been 3rd-string goalies. Rappaport could be the first to go in the other direction although he wasn't actually recruited by SA at al.-- he just asked to try to walk-on.

It would make better sense if the club team were ACHA-Div-I.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I don't think that we have had any recruits end up on the club team although this does make some sense, and the only players who have gone from the club team to the varsity have been 3rd-string goalies. Rappaport could be the first to go in the other direction although he wasn't actually recruited by SA at al.-- he just asked to try to walk-on.

It would make better sense if the club team were ACHA-Div-I.
        I was kidding. Shirley. barely cares about the varsity, much less a club team, and I have to believe that Seth, if he returns next year, will be coaching for his job.

Comment

I was kidding. Shirley. barely cares about the varsity, much less a club team, and I have to believe that Seth, if he returns next year, will be coaching for his job.
          I didn't think that you were referring to Shirley, but rather to Seth and his staff.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            He's a '96 which means he must be for the fall. That brings us to 12 defensemen.

Elite hockey http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=177212

USPHL page http://www.usphl.com/roster_players/...bseason=302144
            Another left-handed shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Another left-handed shooter.
              I was wondering who would post that.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Unless some rich alumnus or alumnæ donates specifically to buying out Appert and a national search for a coach, he's staying for the full contract.

Comment

Code:
                   # Name                Ps Team (League)                      Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
                  55 Cory Babichuk       LD Surrey Eagles (BCHL)               45- 6-23- 29-  6 02/22/17
                   9 Jonathan Bendorf    LW Wichita Falls Wildcats (NAHL)      33-13-11- 24-  6 traded
                  20                        Tri-City Storm (USHL)               8- 0- 0-  0-  2 02/24/17
                                            Total                              41-13-11- 24-  8
                  15 Matt Cameron        RW North Jersey Avalanche U16 (AYHL)  14-11- 8- 19- 16 02/25/17
                  15                        North Jersey Avalanche U16 (T1EHL) 24-11-12- 23- 36 reg. season over
                                            N. Jer. Av. U16 T1EHL playoffs      5- 2- 2-  4-  2 end of playoffs
                                            adjustment for double counting     -3 -3 -2  -5  -4
                                            non-league                          X- X- X-  X-  X missing games
                                            Total                              40-21-20- 41- 50
                  20 Austin Cho          LD Georgetown Raiders (OJHL)          51- 8-33- 41- 56 02/24/17
                  91 Bailey Conger       RW Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)        44-10-16- 26- 24 02/24/17
                   3 Mat Harris           D Boston Jr. Bruins (USPHL)          40- 3-25- 28- 18 reg. season over
                                            playoffs                            0- 0- 0-  0-  0 02/25/17
                                            Total                              40- 3-25- 28- 18
                  33 Linden Marshall      G Trail Smoke Eaters (BCHL)      28-14-11-1-2.94-.915 02/24/17
                  26 Jacob Modry         LD Wenatchee Wild (BCHL)              33- 2- 6-  8- 12 02/23/17
                  98 Emil Ohrvall         C Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)        35-11-11- 22-  4 02/24/17
                   9 Gavin Payne         RW Langley Rivermen (BCHL)            54-16-21- 37- 35 02/23/17
                  26 Owen Stout           C Coquitlam Express (BCHL)           22-10-18- 28- 12 02/24/17
                   5 Atte Tuliara        RD HIFK U20 (Jr. A SM-liiga)          42- 8-18- 26- 38 02/22/17
                  added Boston Jr. Bruins' (Harris) first playoff game
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am not excited.

I suspect that we didn't use much scholarship money on him. He will probably be like Reissinger has been this season, a tall player who plays a few games. I would actually be more worried if we got someone now for the fall who really looks good since such a player would demand more scholarship funds which would mean that someone important is leaving.

OTOH, I would like to see some great players for 2018 and the future.
                    Just looking at the commit list on (Clik College in link) http://collegehockeyinc.com/commitments.php . RPI has 9 in the pipeline while Harvard has 28 & QPac has 27 (adding 1ea. to Harvard & RPI not yet on list). I guess the Eskimos are no longer buying Appert’s ice
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      Just looking at the commit list on (Clik College in link) http://collegehockeyinc.com/commitments.php . RPI has 9 in the pipeline while Harvard has 28 & QPac has 27 (adding 1ea. to Harvard & RPI not yet on list). I guess the Eskimos are no longer buying Appert’s ice
                      College Hockey Inc always misses some. Harris has not yet been entered, and they apparently missed Stout and Emil Ohrvall. One is better off looking at Heisenberg's list https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...id=1530384968]. The conclusion will be the same. However part of the reason is that we have a small class graduating this year . My only concern is that we are not further ahead on 2018, but if some of the 2017 commits defer, that will be rectified.
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-22-2017, 10:02 PM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Wednesday’s games:

Babichuk http://bchl.ca/game-summary?game_id=7689
                        Tuliara http://www.tilastopalvelu.fi/ih/game...d=3436&lang=en
                        AT is not in the pregame lineup.

I will post the summaries whenever.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-22-2017, 03:26 AM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

On Wednesday, HIFK U20 lost to HPK U20 2-0. Atte Tuliara did not dress. http://www.tilastopalvelu.fi/ih/game...d=3436&lang=en

Tuliara's line is now 42-8-18-26-38.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

College Hockey Inc always misses some. Harris has not yet been entered, and they apparently missed Stout and Emil Ohrvall. One is better off looking at Heisenberg's list https://***********/GunnHockey1850/s...49558854754304. The conclusion will be the same. However part of the reason is that we have a small class graduating this year . My only concern is that we are not further ahead on 2018, but if some of the 2017 commits defer, that will be rectified.
                            I agree, CH’s site is much better but my link is better than the one you provided
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              I agree, CH’s site is much better but my link is better than the one you provided
                              fixed
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

BCHL article about Payne committing to RPI. http://bchl.ca/payne-earns-ncaa-future-with-engineers

I assume that the omission of mention of Marshall was just an oversight.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X