This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 MLB Season - The Goat Memorial Thread

I think 75% of this BOS/NYY telecast has been about Judge and his HR Derby performance and his rise to baseball's best player. Can we pump the brakes a little, or maybe admit the HR Derby may have messed with him a little? Since then, including the ASG, he's 1-17 with six K's.

Of course, now he'll probably hit two bombs tonight.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Quintana with a 12 strikeout performance in 7 inning shutout ball for his debut with the Cubs today. The Cubs destroyed the O's in their sweep in Baltimore. Bring on the Braves.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

It turns out that I now have a ticket to the Tuesday night Yankees @ Twins game, first row, along the first base line. I don't know the section. It also looks like a rainy day, thunderstorms showing on my weather app.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          It turns out that I now have a ticket to the Tuesday night Yankees @ Twins game, first row, along the first base line. I don't know the section. It also looks like a rainy day, thunderstorms showing on my weather app.
          It would suck if you couldn't see Colon pitch.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            It would suck if you couldn't see Colon pitch.
            Could he be any worse than all but two of the other Twins' pitchers?
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Could he be any worse than all but two of the other Twins' pitchers?
              His ERA was over 8. So statistically, yes.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                His ERA was over 8. So statistically, yes.
                Some of the pitchers the Twins pick up are so laughable. Colon just adds to that list.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                  Some of the pitchers the Twins pick up are so laughable. Colon just adds to that list.
                  Can't be worse than Baltimore's starting rotation. I'm going to call up their GM Wondernerd Duquette and ask for a tryout. I'm about Colon's age but weight a bit less...
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I had no idea. This makes me want to read the Malamud book.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I had no idea. This makes me want to read the Malamud book.
                      We had to do reports on a high school English class for a book/movie combination, and talk about the two. I chose The Natural, and so did someone else in my class. He gave his report, and didn't mention that the book had a completely different ending than the movie (probably because he didn't bother to read it). The teacher asked me what I thought about the book and the movie, and I told him... pretty sure that guy ended up with an F.

Comment

Yankees send their #3 prospect, possibly the worst reliever in the MLB, and a couple other pieces to the White Sox for Frazier, Robertson and Kahnle.

Comment

Safeco field is widely considered to be a pitchers park. Aaron Judge almost hit a ball out of it. Statcast couldn't calculate it, the ball went "too high".

Comment

Panda's back in the Bay! Time for a pennant run.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Twins acquire Jaime Garcia from Braves in 3-player deal
                              Simon Sharkey-GotliebJul 24 2017, 4:21 PM

After several days of negotiations that nearly saw the entire transaction fall apart, the Minnesota Twins finally completed a deal with the Atlanta Braves to acquire left-hander Jaime Garcia, along with catcher Anthony Recker and cash considerations, in exchange for minor-league pitcher Huascar Ynoa.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

That seems awfully tilted in the Twins favor until I recall that in a roundabout way, Bartolo Colon is also part of this deal.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X