This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 MLB Season - The Goat Memorial Thread

Judge hits 11 and doesn't even break a sweat in doing so. He still had 2:03 left on the clock when he made contact with the winner.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Judge hits 11 and doesn't even break a sweat in doing so. He still had 2:03 left on the clock when he made contact with the winner.
      Talk about an impressive performance. The guy could hit 60 this season.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
        Talk about an impressive performance. The guy could hit 60 this season.
        I dont know about 60, but 50+ is definitely in play.

God, that was fun...

Comment

I dont know about 60, but 50+ is definitely in play.
          I'd be shocked if he doesn't hit at least 50 but won't be if he hits 60 or more.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Only two things give me pause about 60:

1) He's at 30 with only 76 games to go.

2) Sooner or later the rest of the league is going to adjust to him. We'll see what happens then.

God, that was fun...

Comment

2) Sooner or later the rest of the league is going to adjust to him. We'll see what happens then.
              True. I didn't know he was that big. I knew he was good sized guy but not 6'8" and 282. Wow.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post

Agreed. IIRC, McGwire had 33 at the All-Star break in 1987, and then hit only 16 in the second half to set the rookie record at 49. Throw in that only 2 players have hit 50+ HRs since 2008, and Judge would have to be elated if he were to reach 50 HRs. I just don't see 60 in the cards, and if he were to reach that total, I would chalk it up to steroids.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

One more reason that all those records should have a big fat * next to them.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    One more reason that all those records should have a big fat * next to them.
                    The new ball is suspect too.

The only way to do this right is for there to be an independent auditor. As long as the league polices itself it will just be pro wrestling.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Bryce Harper is a moron.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        The new ball is suspect too.

The only way to do this right is for there to be an independent auditor. As long as the league polices itself it will just be pro wrestling.
                        B.S. There are, and always have been, so many variables with respect to the game of baseball and baseball players. The ball, the bats, the height of the mound, the ballparks they play in, enforcement of rules relating to substances on the baseball, conditioning and nutrition, travel, drugs, etc...

The only deserved asterisk for baseball records is the length of the season.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Bryce Harper is a moron.
                          Plus Scherzer started the all star game for the AL previously.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Bryce Harper is a moron.
                            I actually don't hate the idea. I don't like it, but I don't hate it.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Chicago Cubs
                              @Cubs

#Cubs today acquired LHP José Quintana from the #WhiteSox for OF Eloy Jimenez, RHP Dylan Cease, and INFs Matt Rose and Bryant Flete.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                                Chicago Cubs
                                @Cubs

#Cubs today acquired LHP José Quintana from the #WhiteSox for OF Eloy Jimenez, RHP Dylan Cease, and INFs Matt Rose and Bryant Flete.
                                Bummer, I was hoping the Rockies could get him. However, it did lead to this:

Correction: While no national media had this story, a Reddit user named “wetbutt23" had it last night. CSNChicago.com apologizes to wetbutt23 for the error.

Comment

Working...
                                X