X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 MLB Season - The Goat Memorial Thread

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Eh either get Sushi or Ivar's fish n chips. Ivar's is the *.
    In my experience, the food at Safeco is nothing to write home about. The grasshoppers might be an improvement.

And I've had both the sushi and a salmon sandwich from Ivar's.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Kincaids has by far the best oysters plate I've ever had and at an extremely reasonable price. And since they bring them in 3x per week (a lot of high end places are only 2x) you're almost always ensured they're going to be fresh.
      I don't know if you're aware of this (and pardon me if you are), but Rocky Mountain Oysters are not seafood. They're a bull's balls, prepared by dredging them in batter and deep-frying them. Never had em, but am curious enough to try.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

In 1997, Bartolo Colon (as a member of the Indians) made his debut at Turner Field.

Today, Colon, as a Brave, debuts at Suntrust Stadium.

Colon's career outlasted a stadium.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Starling Marte suspended 80 games for PEDs. Rough time for Pittsburgh lately.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Tonight's White Sox @ Yankees game was played in a tidy 2:16.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Madison Bumgarner to the DL after wrecking his dirt bike. Screwed up a couple ribs and sprained the AC joint in his throwing shoulder.

Dumbass.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                Madison Bumgarner to the DL after wrecking his dirt bike. Screwed up a couple ribs and sprained the AC joint in his throwing shoulder.

Dumbass.
                Isn't there a clause in the contract that says "if you injure yourself doing something dangerous that's on you, buddy, no money"?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Some of them, yes. I don't know how many, percentage-wise, but I'd imagine the percentage is growing rapidly.

This was his throwing shoulder, too. This was just god****ed stupidity here. Get the dirt bike out in November or December while you're on vacation, not in April when you're pitching in a couple days.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Isn't there a clause in the contract that says "if you injure yourself doing something dangerous that's on you, buddy, no money"?
                    Most contracts have a list of prohibited activities. If dirt biking is not on the list, he gets paid. If it is, the union will file a grievance.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Mets' bench is so short that our first PH tonight was Zack Wheeler. He doubled. With his eyes closed.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        I don't know if you're aware of this (and pardon me if you are), but Rocky Mountain Oysters are not seafood. They're a bull's balls, prepared by dredging them in batter and deep-frying them. Never had em, but am curious enough to try.
                        I'm not talking about RMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          I would too, as I have a taste for offal.
                          Me too.

Exception is chicken/turkey gristle. Vera loves the tendons and cartilage and routinely leaves the bones completely clean. I just can't do it with birds. Beef tendon? Awesome. Tripe? Heck yes. Haggis? Bring it all on.

The little white ball at the end of a drumstick? Gag. Makes no sense.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Tonight's White Sox @ Yankees game was played in a tidy 2:16.
                            must've had a lot of intentional walks

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              Me too.

Exception is chicken/turkey gristle. Vera loves the tendons and cartilage and routinely leaves the bones completely clean. I just can't do it with birds. Beef tendon? Awesome. Tripe? Heck yes. Haggis? Bring it all on.

The little white ball at the end of a drumstick? Gag. Makes no sense.
                              I remember when I tried tongue a few years ago. Pretty tasty, melts in your mouth, considering it was in the cow's mouth.

Comment

The notification on my phone just said:

Nicholas Castellnos strikes out in the top of the 6th, two runners score. The Tigers extend their lead over the Twins, 9-2.

*head desk*
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X